The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

On 8/4/2023 at 2:19 PM, B-Man said:

Hahahahahahaha.

"Trump plans to use charges to revisit 2020 election, a fraught topic for GOP/Strategists in both parties agree

that having Trump talking about election fraud and Jan. 6 hurts Republicans" (WaPo).

Isn't it a "fraught topic" for Democrats too?!

This is the sharpest example of concern trolling I've ever seen. It's going to "hurt Republicans" if Trump uses the opportunity of the criminal trial to break open the question of the legitimacy of the 2020 election?

How nice for them to be having such a lovely time persecuting their political enemy. But maybe their manifestations of delight — if indeed there were any — were covering up for the dread of what might be behind the door the prosecutors have opened. Prosecutors have powers, but they have given up control to the judge (and jury). Trump has a constitutional right to counter their evidence with cross-examination and witnesses of his own.

There are mountains of evidence — provided by top leaders in his campaign and government — that the election was not stolen from Trump....

These "top leaders" will be subject to cross-examination. Are the "delighted Democrats" not afraid? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/03/donald-trump-charges-election-republicans/

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2023/08/former-president-donald-trump-and-some.html#more

How many more court cases about the 2020 election does he need to lose before you morons accept that he lost?

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

How many more court cases about the 2020 election does he need to lose before you morons accept that he lost?

It’s almost like the need to have fifty one former intelligence officials tell the entire country that the laptop is fake instead of the traditional fifty lying sacks of shite. Almost. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

It’s almost like the need to have fifty one former intelligence officials tell the entire country that the laptop is fake instead of the traditional fifty lying sacks of shite. Almost. 😉

How many of the rulings against trump in the 2020 election were made by trump appointed judges?

Just now, redtail hawk said:

what's really here?  One of my best friends in college was from cali.  called it the land of fruits and nuts...

We’re three hours ahead of you. I’m sure can do the math. Your friend was pretty much spot on but you can’t beat the weather! 😎 

PS: I’m originally from WNY

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

idk, 4 equal seasons in Va seem pretty great to me.  Fall and spring are my fav's

I cannot stand humidity. I didn’t leave WNY to escape winter. I left because the summer bugs and humidity and me are not a good combination. So alas…I’m trapped here in Malibu with the ‘fruits and nuts’. A cross I’ve learned to carry. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I cannot stand humidity. I didn’t leave WNY to escape winter. I left because the summer bugs and humidity and me are not a good combination. So alas…I’m trapped here in Malibu with the ‘fruits and nuts’. A cross I’ve learned to carry. 

The answer is mountains.  They have them in Cali too, I think.  Tahoe is nice.  As it gets hotter everywhere, I'd bet mountain property becomes much more valuable.

Omg

Checks around…..

Nope…….doesn’t see any potential explanations or defenses of Trump in any tweets 

Like:

….“but the memo doesn’t show any evidence Trump indeed watched Russian hookers urinate on each other in gold showers.”   

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Omg

Checks around…..

Nope…….doesn’t see any potential explanations or defenses of Trump in any tweets 

Like:

….“but the memo doesn’t show any evidence Trump indeed watched Russian hookers urinate on each other in gold showers.”   

Do you think the fbi is trying to figure out how they can indict trump for Biden family corruption? Seems like it would fit their pattern better 

• Agree 2

The defenses of Biden from his media shills get more ridiculous all the time. Let’s remind ourselves of the changing claims:

• Joe Biden didn’t even know what Hunter was doing
  • Joe Biden has a vague sense but never discussed business with Hunter
  • Joe Biden never talked to Hunter’s business partners
  • Joe Biden talked to them, but only about the weather
  • Joe Biden met with Hunter’s business partners but it had nothing to do with Hunter
  • Prove that those millions of dollars went directly to Joe or it is all fine and dandy.
  •  

Really?! You are going to go with that? And call yourself a journalist?

I could understand Karine Jean-Pierre or Congressional Democrats trotting out this tripe–I see it every day. You could have Joe Biden counting a bundle of bills handed to him by Putin and they would claim that he was playing bank teller with Vlad. That is their job as they see it.

But journalists would at least be expected to pretend a bit.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/08/10/regime-media-strikes-again-2-n570236

• Agree 1

Can someone diagram the business connections between Hochstein, Joe and Hunter here?  Hochstein worke3d in the gov't for Obama and Joe.  He's on Air 
Force 2 with Joe going to Ukraine.  How is this incriminating.  Admittedly, my math is slipping so please help

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/top-house-republican-rips-damning-picture-biden-hunter-linked-adviser-2015-ukraine-trip

CNN Gets a Shock When They Venture out of Their Bubble and Talk to the American People

By Nick Arama 

CNN doesn’t seem to understand what the American people think.

They showed that again during a segment featuring John King talking with Americans in Iowa. The description from King shows just how clueless CNN is about the American people and what the support for former President Donald Trump is about.

King acknowledges the people don’t like CNN and that there’s “reverence for Ronald Reagan.” But then he paints them all as though they believe what they believe because they are somehow caught in the thrall of Trump.

{snip}

CNN doesn’t seem to think there should be people with different thoughts from what they at CNN believe — these people are deluded because they have “wrong think.” That’s a dangerous media thought right there — you should be thinking as we preach. Far be it from CNN to check the facts about why these people might believe as they do.

CNN is even wrong about them when it comes to Trump. They paint Trump as having some kind of control over these people. Yet indeed, it’s sort of the other way around — Trump is a result of their thought, not the instigator or the controller. He resonates because of the problems they see. Plus, his policies beat the heck out of Democratic policies in a heartbeat.

Maybe CNN should consider that the problem isn’t with the people, that, indeed, the problem is theirs. When you lock yourself away in a liberal media bubble and act like Democratic operatives, you’re bound to fall out of touch with the American people, and that’s where CNN is now. That’s why people don’t trust them.

Is there any better example of the bubble than their two recent hires?

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/08/11/watch-cnn-gets-a-shock-when-they-venture-out-of-their-bubble-and-talk-to-the-american-people-n791273

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

CNN Gets a Shock When They Venture out of Their Bubble and Talk to the American People

By Nick Arama 

They showed that again during a segment featuring John King talking with Americans in Iowa. The description from King shows just how clueless CNN is about the American people and what the support for former President Donald Trump is about.

King acknowledges the people don’t like CNN and that there’s “reverence for Ronald Reagan.” But then he paints them all as though they believe what they believe because they are somehow caught in the thrall of Trump.

{snip}

CNN doesn’t seem to think there should be people with different thoughts from what they at CNN believe — these people are deluded because they have “wrong think.” That’s a dangerous media thought right there — you should be thinking as we preach. Far be it from CNN to check the facts about why these people might believe as they do.

CNN is even wrong about them when it comes to Trump. They paint Trump as having some kind of control over these people. Yet indeed, it’s sort of the other way around — Trump is a result of their thought, not the instigator or the controller. He resonates because of the problems they see. Plus, his policies beat the heck out of Democratic policies in a heartbeat.

Maybe CNN should consider that the problem isn’t with the people, that, indeed, the problem is theirs. When you lock yourself away in a liberal media bubble and act like Democratic operatives, you’re bound to fall out of touch with the American people, and that’s where CNN is now. That’s why people don’t trust them.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/08/11/watch-cnn-gets-a-shock-when-they-venture-out-of-their-bubble-and-talk-to-the-american-people-n791273

But Fox News!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/10/2023 at 4:45 PM, B-Man said:

:w00t:

There is actually one objectionable thing in the new bill, simply because it solves nothing and caused me a headache. I need written parental permission to refer to a child by any name not their legal name. So the students I have known for 12 years and have nicknames for I can't use, unless parent signs form. The rest of the bill is no big deal unless you planned to discuss your sex life with kids, lie to parents, or allowed your students to be on their cell phones instead of teaching.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

By Nick Arama 

{snip}

Is this a thing? How does fox get their people?

No surprise.

MSNBC Pounces on the Opportunity to Exploit Utah Man Killed By FBI

The case of the Utah man who was killed by FBI agents who arrived at his home in the early morning hours on Friday with a battering ram, to serve a warrant issued as a result of social media postings he made containing threats he made against President Joe Biden and other politicians is still being discussed on the airwaves and interwebs, as people try to make sense of it all. There are still many questions as to what happened during the conversation between the individual and members of federal law enforcement.

But, predictably, at least one activist media outlet seized on the story as an opportunity to unfairly smear supporters of former President Donald Trump. In a highly-deceptive op-ed, MSNBC columnist Frank Figliuzzi exploited the story to convince readers that a significant number of Trump supporters want to use violence to advance the former president’s political agenda:

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2023/08/13/msnbc-pounces-on-the-opportunity-to-exploit-utah-man-killed-by-fbi-n791974

• Like (+1) 1

Now let’s be real.

If former President Donald Trump had that kind of a response to such a disaster, refusing to even comment when asked about the death toll of such a disaster, the media would have ripped him to shreds.

We would have been told that his enjoying himself biking and on the beach was evidence that he didn’t care.

But with Biden, don’t expect the same response, because he has the magical “D” after his name.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/08/14/bidens-response-when-asked-about-maui-death-toll-is-truly-cold-n792382

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

NYPICHPDPICT000016153876-e1692582106635.

Media hides it but Bidens are in big trouble as Americans get wise to ‘nothingburger’

New York Post, by Editoral

Seems the “nothingburger,” as the progressive press likes to call the Hunter Biden saga, is turning into a Whopper. The latest: Hunter’s lawyers threatened to put President Biden on the stand if Hunter were to be charged. “President Biden now unquestionably would be a fact witness for the defense in any criminal trial,” lawyer Chris Clark wrote in a 32-page letter obtained by Politico. Hunter faced possible gun charges for buying a weapon as a drug user. What was Joe Biden going to testify? Stand up for his son and say the prosecution violated the Second Amendment? The same president who is shutting down hundreds of gun dealers?

https://nypost.com/2023/08/20/media-hides-it-but-bidens-are-in-big-trouble-as-americans-get-wise-to-nothingburger/

• Like (+1) 1