The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

13 presidential libraries from Hoover to Obama warn of fragile state of U.S. democracy

WASHINGTON (AP) — Concern for U.S. democracy amid deep national polarization has prompted the entities supporting 13 presidential libraries dating back to Herbert Hoover to call for a recommitment to the country’s bedrock principles, including the rule of law and respecting a diversity of beliefs

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/13-presidential-libraries-from-hoover-to-obama-warn-of-fragile-state-of-u-s-democracy

1 hour ago, ALF said:

13 presidential libraries from Hoover to Obama warn of fragile state of U.S. democracy

WASHINGTON (AP) — Concern for U.S. democracy amid deep national polarization has prompted the entities supporting 13 presidential libraries dating back to Herbert Hoover to call for a recommitment to the country’s bedrock principles, including the rule of law and respecting a diversity of beliefs

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/13-presidential-libraries-from-hoover-to-obama-warn-of-fragile-state-of-u-s-democracy

I saw a link on a statement made by the commissioner of the field hockey league that Hillary played  in during junior high.  They have a lot to say about democracy (and the impact of newly created composite sticks). 

I’ll post when I find it…stay tuned.  

Things we don’t hear about anymore:

-The intelligence that was released by Airman Teixeira.

-The data collected by the Chinese spy balloon.

-Joe Biden’s classified documents story.

-The January 6th pipebomber.-The person who leaked the Alito decision

-The entirety of Congress getting satellite phones.

-The lab in California that was found to be creating viruses.

-The Biden regime selling oil to the Chinese Communist Party while we were depleting our strategic petroleum reserves.

-The FTX founder donating millions of dollars to the Democrat Party and some Republicans.

-Fauci and his Gain of Function with SARS-COV-2.

-They’re already burying the wildfire in Maui. Well, ever since locals started speaking out against the government.

There is so much more as well. These last 3 years have been an absolute ***** show.

And it’s only going to get worse.

https://twitter.com/DeplorableVet84/status/1700330899252867422

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again all the proof you need of how liberally slanted the media is.  This would be news for weeks if it were Trump.

I'd say slanted was the correct term two decades ago. 

But today?

Brazen partisan activists is a more accurate portrayal. 

• Agree 2

Absolutely laughable.

CBS: Is Apple sacrificing its values by being in Texas and advertising on Twitter?

DAVID STROM 

Apple makes just about everything it sells in China, one of the most repressive countries in the world and the #1 emitter of greenhouse gases.

That isn’t a problem for CBS when it comes to Apple living up to its woke values. Literally not worth mentioning.

No, what really chaps CBS’ butt is that Apple has operations in Texas and advertises on Twitter, giving aid and comfort to the unwashed masses of America.

TEXAS! TWITTER!!! How can Apple not blush?

No, I am not kidding.

CBS asked Tim Cook about why he has operations in transphobic Texas and why it deigns to do business with Elon Musk, but is utterly silent about the genocidal politics of China, because, well, China is communist and communism must be good.

{snip}

But CBS knows that more than 95% of iPhones, AirPods, Macs and iPads are made in China. Texas is a pimple on Apple’s butt compared to China, but Texas annoys CBS. So they take a shot at Texas to score political points.

CBS’ virtue signaling too, by now is expected, but still noteworthy. The “journalists” at CBS clearly find Texas and Twitter morally offensive, without giving a whit about China’s daily descent into totalitarian hell.

Actually, that is too kind. They envy China’s totalitarianism, since they are agitating to bring China-style social credit systems to the West. With somewhat different end goals, perhaps, but the mechanisms are entirely similar. They are already acting as state media; they long for the censorship and ability to cancel the wrongthinkers with greater regularity.

It is striking that CBS doesn’t even hide their agenda–striking, but now fairly common. The Left is so confident of their grip on our politics and culture that they are openly agitating to close the reducing number of loopholes that still allow bits and pieces of freedom in our lives.

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/09/18/cbs-is-apple-sacrificing-its-values-by-being-in-texas-and-advertising-on-twitter-n578857

• Shocked 1

My wife had her "nieces" (second cousins once-removed or whatever) and one is a Vegan.  She asked me if I think that the treatment of the animal changes the meat.  I said "no" unless they beat it and the meat gets tough.  Then she asked what about energy/spiritual-wise.  I said no, although that might make you feel better psychologically if you know they were treated well.  Then I said that with all this talk of ethically treating animals, you have to ask yourself how far are you willing to go.  Do you think your clothes are made ethically.  She answered "no."  How about your cell phone (Samsung).  That's made by a kid being paid pennies a day.  She said you're right.  Then I said I have a Tesla but electric cars aren't the panacea they're reported to be because mining for the elements, production of the batteries and cars and disposal of the batteries leaves a huge carbon footprint and other problems.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

I can't believe that WP has fallen to the point that Dave Portnoy is not only a target of theirs but that WP would have to to set up the situation in this manner. Introductory emails like that are simply to get an emotional response, not to get a smart statement. Literally the WP is at the level of the National Enquirer. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I can't believe that WP has fallen to the point that Dave Portnoy is not only a target of theirs but that WP would have to to set up the situation in this manner. Introductory emails like that are simply to get an emotional response, not to get a smart statement. Literally the WP is at the level of the National Enquirer. 

Its nothing more than a propaganda arm for a political party anymore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is the most important lesson that you need to learn from the Boebert video.

Recognizing what gets released to the American public.

Epstein's client list ?      Nope

Video from Epstein's cell ?     Not a chance.

Transgender terrorist's manifesto ?      Nope

Identity of the Jan. 6th pipe bomber ?       No way

But something  --  anything  --  to harm a Republican,         released right away.

Take this to heart.

-- William Wolfe

qchbTS0.gif

Edited by B-Man
  • Agree 3

And when leftists gets caught with dubious social media posts, it's merely hey I screwed up and all is forgiven.  Someone on the right? Out come the pitchforks and canceling effort.

Sounds a lot like The King. Everything the left does from questionable to criminal are just mistakes!

• Like (+1) 1

No surprise.

Can You Spot The Difference Between The Menendez And Biden Foreign Influence Scandals?

BY: MARK HEMINGWAY

BidenMenendez-1200x675.jpg

The two stories are far more alike than the media wants to admit.

There are two major corruption scandals consuming Washington at the moment that involve the relatives of Democratic politicians taking bribes from foreign governments. Here’s a pop quiz – I’ve stripped away the identifying details, see if you can tell me which one is which:

https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/26/can-you-spot-the-difference-between-the-menendez-and-biden-foreign-influence-scandals/

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

b3c19483-4397-4faa-84c8-09ee3a56f66c-105

Media: GOP lawmakers accuse Democrat of pulling a fire alarm

It’s literally on video and has been widely circulated.

However much you hate the media's lying, it's not enough !

If this were MTG it would be reported as a violent insurrection because a firefighter got a bruised elbow scrambling to respond the the fire alarm. 

• Like (+1) 1