2021 NFL Draft Day 3 Talk Official Thread

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Feliciano, Ford, Boetger, Bates is it?

Morse is good, Feliciano is average and Ford is unproven as a starter, but Bates and Boettger are decent depth.  

I’m fine with these guys, given how the Draft played out.  

More than relieved that we addressed Tackle depth.   Bobby Hart wasn’t it. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe Beane long term knows Daryl Williams will need to be let go after next season and therefore one of these guys needs to replace him so he's hedging his bets.

Honest question... who are our CBs? White, Johnson, Wallace, Jackson and Cam Lewis are the only ones I can think of on our roster.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They aren’t drafting starters in the 5th. The tackle room was extremely thin. The interior OL room is not. 

Trey Smith will start for whoever picks him, health allowing. That's worth risking a 5th rndr imo

Edited by Turk71
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, biggerdaddynj said:

One developmental OT I understand.  Now it’s two for a “win now” team.  We need help now elsewhere (1 Technique DT, a CB2 and a fast WR).   

Who's the 5th round pick that's going to help them "Win Now"?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Morse is good, Feliciano is average and Ford is unproven as a starter, but Bates and Boettger are decent depth.  

I’m fine with these guys, given how the Draft played out.  

More than relieved that we addressed Tackle depth.   Bobby Hart wasn’t it. 

You forgot Forrest Lamp.

Just now, billvernsays said:

Pretty bad value with the trade don't you think. Aren't you supposed to GAIN value when you trade back? Maybe with the limited tape and medicals the strategy is take a bunch of lottery tickers and see what you got. 

Supposedly this draft is full of UDFA talents in rounds 5-7. Not a ton of depth in this class. I guess they just want an extra pick to increase their chance of getting lucky.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

One developmental OT I understand.  Now it’s two for a “win now” team.  We need help now elsewhere (1 Technique DT, a CB2 and a fast WR). 

Win now =/= don't plan for the future. They can mutually occur.

Edited by aceman_16
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1