McShay- Bills trying to move up above 23 for Etienne

18 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

LOL.  If they actually spend MORE than a single first round pick on Etienne... my hope is that Etienne is a smokescreen and they're moving up for a corner or Phillips.

Same. I'll participate in conversation and say I dont mind if they draft a RB at #30, but to move up... for Etienne...

Beane would really be pushing my trust in our relationship to its boundaries!

Gotta be a smokescreen

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, glazeduck said:

His #1 goal is help THE FRANCHISE. 

To his point, the Bills just had the best season in a very very long time with a Defense that was only OK, and a phenomenal Offense.  a few extra first downs in either of the KC games, we might have been in it at the end.  Drafting the 5th best EDGE probably doesn't change that dynamic, maybe if we got a Safety or CB that could cover Kelce that might make a difference, but those guys are thin on the ground, especially at 30

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

How does a top CB or top DE help Josh Allen?

The #1 goal of Brandon Beane is to help his Franchise QB.

It'll help him get the ball back in his hands quicker.

We can draft extra weapons for Josh later in the draft.  Premium starting talent at CB and DE might be gone by late first round.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NI Bills Fan said:

It'll help him get the ball back in his hands quicker.

We can draft extra weapons for Josh later in the draft.  Premium starting talent at CB and DE might be gone by late first round.

Or we could draft defense later. It goes both ways. 

1 minute ago, dorquemada said:

To his point, the Bills just had the best season in a very very long time with a Defense that was only OK, and a phenomenal Offense.  a few extra first downs in either of the KC games, we might have been in it at the end.  Drafting the 5th best EDGE probably doesn't change that dynamic, maybe if we got a Safety or CB that could cover Kelce that might make a difference, but those guys are thin on the ground, especially at 30

At 30 it's 100% speculative. I'm just pointing out that no GM goes into a draft with ONLY helping out the offense in mind. That's not his job. This isn't video games or fantasy football. The goal is to win games, whether the score be 3-2 or 100-0, Beane's job is giving the staff the right players to win more games. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I could imagine him hearing that the Bills are calling around to trade up, but how would he know who we are trying to trade up for? Is Beane telling teams why he wants to trade up? This is usual draft rumor garbage.

One of the GMs probably asked why Beane was looking to trade up, and he sarcastically replied "For a RB of course", and now here we are with a twitter "news" story.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 4