Jump to content

Josh Allen on 10 Questions with Kyle Brandt TOMORROW


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

 

People: Athletes should shut their mouth because nobody cares what they think....

 

Same Exact People: Wait, you want to push our agenda? Carry on, everybody should listen to this athlete, they are such a great role model...

Most normal people: Yup. You’re both jerks. 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is (and this is a self-inflicted wound, due in large part to poor public health messaging), from a public health viewpoint, there is no "neutral".  We can not achieve herd immunity individ

The problem is, there shouldnt be "sides" about this.

That's unfortunate. I decided to ignore science and the words of doctors all over the world and was going to decide on whether I get the vaccine by what Josh Allen said. Sucks that he didn't give a st

Posted Images

Really  good podcast. Forget Josh is only 24. He was confused about subjective and objective. I would have been too. Handled himself great. I have a opinion on vaccines 💉. As my grandmother used to say opinions are like ass holes everybody’s got one. 😃Glad this young man is our QB 💪

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Was anyone else relieved that finish the song lyric didn't feature one of those songs Josh was listening to in high school with the N-word in it?  I really thought that was where Kyle was going given all the questions had a personal connection. 

But then these people would have something else to B word about other than Josh Allen's pro-choice campaign.:wub:

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.72f1d9cef9e5470fa988d1b53794a277.png

Could really use a TE upgrade.... Freiermuth it looks like

Link to post
Share on other sites

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”
 

Express yourself?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I love that they brought up "Sugar-high Josh Allen".

Iol!

 

It was a funny segment, but it also also showed how he ticks, with his "chaos" comments. 

I could not be happier with this guy.

 

Let's go Buffalo!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of these dudes are awesome, yet the interview was a bit dull. It should have been a bit more fun.
 

i will try that cantaloupe and vanilla ice cream combo tho 

11 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Allen's comments on the vaccine were well thought out and reasonable.  I'm not sure why this in anyway is controversial.

 

BTW I just got vaccinated so you know where I'm coming from.

 

 

They weren’t thought out, but I also don’t think what he said should be considered controversial. People will make a big deal outta anything nowadays. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the day and age we live in, where you can't have your own opinion (that should be respected) without having the horde come after you because you don't just fall in line with what others "think" you should say or do. It's totally ignorant. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL the Rico Report weighs in...

image.thumb.png.f588cce8e7429bf401e6b7ac3bf60e4c.png

Rico does good interviews he’s entertaining to listen when he just rants about staff, but when it comes to football (IMO) he’s just a big goofy 🤡 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, H2o said:

This is the day and age we live in, where you can't have your own opinion (that should be respected) without having the horde come after you because you don't just fall in line with what others "think" you should say or do. It's totally ignorant. 

 

Let's be specific and keep it to the interview.  Josh Allen has a right to his opinion about vaccination and the constitution. 

 

But I slept on it and decided I would respond factually to this specific statement in the interview:

Quote

"I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it. You get in this tricky situation now where, if you do mandate that, that's kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we're in a time where that's getting a lot harder to do.


Why should his opinion be respected?  All opinions do not deserve equal respect.  Sorry, someone can have a craptastic opinion, they still have a right to their opinion but they don't have a right to my respect, or to my silence about it if they put it out there in the public sphere. 

 

Now I wouldn't call Josh's opinion craptastic.  But it's an opinion that displays apparent ignorance of Constitutional law (Article 10), of long legal precedent around mandating vaccination (Multiple supreme court challenges that have upheld local and state rights to mandate vaccines dating back >100 yrs), and of the public health history of vaccination  - we're not in a time where "freedom is getting a lot harder to do", to the contrary - we're living in a time where public health officials are being threatened and personally attacked for trying to do a job they would have been respected and venerated for a couple decades ago.

 

What I find puzzling is that people want to give Josh props for freedom to express his opinion in the public sphere, seem to want to give him immunity from others expressing the same freedom towards him.  Now I'm not gonna go after Josh on Insta or Twitter - I think that's pointless and stupid, not to mention rude.  I also don't want Feliciano or Diggs coming after me** LOL!

 

But why is it ignorant for people to express their opinion back to Josh, in the face of an ignorant opinion?  It's not a choice I'd make, I don't see it as a productive choice, but I don't see it as a "horde coming after you because you don't just fall in line" or ignorant either. 

 

I ask that responses please focus on Josh's interview and related aspects in response, and not go off on a general diatribe about constitutional law or personal freedom.

 

**

 

 

 

Tyrel Dodson:

 

  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Let's be specific and keep it to the interview.  Josh Allen has a right to his opinion about vaccination and the constitution. 

 

But I slept on it and decided I would respond factually to this specific statement in the interview:


Why should his opinion be respected?  All opinions do not deserve equal respect.  Sorry, someone can have a craptastic opinion, they still have a right to their opinion but they don't have a right to my respect, or to my silence about it if they put it out there in the public sphere. 

 

Now I wouldn't call Josh's opinion craptastic.  But it's an opinion that displays apparent ignorance of Constitutional law (Article 10), of long legal precedent around mandating vaccination (Multiple supreme court challenges that have upheld local and state rights to mandate vaccines dating back >100 yrs), and of the public health history of vaccination  - we're not in a time where "freedom is getting a lot harder to do", to the contrary - we're living in a time where public health officials are being threatened and personally attacked for trying to do a job they would have been respected and venerated for a couple decades ago.

 

What I find puzzling is that people want to give Josh props for freedom to express his opinion in the public sphere, seem to want to give him immunity from others expressing the same freedom towards him.  Now I'm not gonna go after Josh on Insta or Twitter - I think that's pointless and stupid, not to mention rude.  I also don't want Feliciano or Diggs coming after me** LOL!

 

But why is it ignorant for people to express their opinion back to Josh, in the face of an ignorant opinion?  It's not a choice I'd make, I don't see it as a productive choice, but I don't see it as a "horde coming after you because you don't just fall in line" or ignorant either. 

 

I ask that responses please focus on Josh's interview and related aspects in response, and not go off on a general diatribe about constitutional law or personal freedom.

 

**

 

 

 

Tyrel Dodson:

 

Hence why I said he had to tip-toe around his answer in a previous post. Whatever he said, he said. That's his opinion. Respect that it's his opinion. I didn't say that you have to agree with his opinion. That's the difference. Because his opinion differs from some who see his opinion as "craptastic", while their opinion they see as more "glitter and rainbows", is exactly what I am talking about with the day and age we live in. I am not going to attack you for advocating for him to "Get the jab, Josh." I am not going to attack you or anyone else who are advocating for it in general. The problem lies wherein people don't respect his reasoning and try to force theirs upon him, all while trying to explain that their stance is right while his is wrong. The horde coming after him because he's not in line for or advocating for the "the jab" so to speak. That's what I find ignorant. That is all. If you want to continue this conversation then PM's are good as I know you don't want the board to get cluttered with such things. If not, I am done with what I felt I needed to say my friend.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hence why I said he had to tip-toe around his answer in a previous post. Whatever he said, he said. That's his opinion. Respect that it's his opinion. I didn't say that you have to agree with his opinion. That's the difference. Because his opinion differs from some who see his opinion as "craptastic", while their opinion they see as more "glitter and rainbows", is exactly what I am talking about with the day and age we live in. I am not going to attack you for advocating for him to "Get the jab, Josh." I am not going to attack you or anyone else who are advocating for it in general. The problem lies wherein people don't respect his reasoning and try to force theirs upon him, all while trying to explain that their stance is right while his is wrong. The horde coming after him because he's not in line for or advocating for the "the jab" so to speak. That's what I find ignorant. That is all. If you want to continue this conversation then PM's are good as I know you don't want the board to get cluttered with such things. If not, I am done with what I felt I needed to say my friend.  

 

Nah.

 

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”


― Isaac Asimov

 

This is why we have so many Flat Earthers in 2021. This idea that ALL opinions should be "respected".  FACTS should be respected. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and most stink. There is no requirement that all should be respected.

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

Nah.

 

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”


― Isaac Asimov

 

This is why we have so many Flat Earthers in 2021. This idea that ALL opinions should be "respected".  FACTS should be respected. Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one and most stink. There is no requirement that all should be respected.

Maybe I should have worded that different and used his "stance" versus his opinion or people's in general. In this instance, yes, respect that he hasn't made up his mind on allowing someone to put something into his body. Respect that he doesn't think it would be right to be required of him to put it in his body. Do you have to agree? No, but respect that is his stance. Comparing flat-earthers to someone who hasn't decided whether he wants to get a vaccine does not even correlate. Truthfully we could go back-and-forth with the word play of it all day long, but you understand what I am getting at with what I am saying. 

Edited by H2o
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...