Jump to content

Josh Allen on 10 Questions with Kyle Brandt TOMORROW


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The problem is (and this is a self-inflicted wound, due in large part to poor public health messaging), from a public health viewpoint, there is no "neutral".  We can not achieve herd immunity individ

The problem is, there shouldnt be "sides" about this.

That's unfortunate. I decided to ignore science and the words of doctors all over the world and was going to decide on whether I get the vaccine by what Josh Allen said. Sucks that he didn't give a st

Posted Images

OK now to additional controversies -

 

Josh was asked to describe Cam Newton and said he's like a "Transformer", that he's huge.

Said that he came out to Cali to throw with Stidham and some of the Patriots WR and he felt small next to him.

(Cam is listed on Wiki as 6'5", 245.  Josh is listed as 6'5", 237 so that's a little hard to fathom)

 

Here's the controversy:  Josh said "he's got like 5% body fat, I've got like 25% body fat"

 

Truth or Lies?

Pictures of Josh with his shirt off are very scarce.

 

This is big.  C'mon TBD, we gotta delve into this one.

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SCBills said:

 

Yummy actually has a really deep meaning, but yes... I agree ha.  His new album "Justice" was done with  a guy I went to high school with named Jon Bellion, so even if it wasn't any good, i'd lie and say it was... luckily the album is a banger.  Also, the Easter EP he dropped.... great stuff.

 

Color me skeptical, but I can be educated...say more

 

Do you buy Kyle awarding him the point there?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK now to additional controversies -

 

Josh was asked to describe Cam Newton and said he's like a "Transformer", that he's huge.

Said that he came out to Cali to throw with Stidham and some of the Patriots WR and he felt small next to him.

(Cam is listed on Wiki as 6'5", 245.  Josh is listed as 6'5", 237 so that's a little hard to fathom)

 

Here's the controversy:  Josh said "he's got like 5% body fat, I've got like 25% body fat"

 

Truth or Lies?

Pictures of Josh with his shirt off are very scarce.

 

This is big.  C'mon TBD, we gotta delve into this one.

Lies, who needs pictures when you got binoculars?!

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Color me skeptical, but I can be educated...say more

 

Do you buy Kyle awarding him the point there?

I buy that this should be the title of Josh Allen's entrance song out of the tunnel on game days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Lies, who needs pictures when you got binoculars?!

 

Bino-photography is a Thing, Sherlock.  Don't bogart those views of Allen - be a good friend and share.

 

 

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I buy that this should be the title of Josh Allen's entrance song out of the tunnel on game days.

 

Yummy?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Bino-photography is a Thing, Sherlock.  Don't bogart those views of Allen - be a good friend and share.

 

 

 

Yummy?

I'd upload some but it's saying the files are too large... I have to sort through my 10 1000 TB hard drives to find smaller files, however I doubt it as I found that Nick Foles had the same effect on my file size:flirt:

 

If I had to describe Josh in 1 word Yummy would definitely be it...

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

The problem is (and this is a self-inflicted wound, due in large part to poor public health messaging), from a public health viewpoint, there is no "neutral".  We can not achieve herd immunity individually.  It takes all of us.  Josh's decision (or yours) impacts me and mine.

 

As a Bills fan, there's nothing I want less than to see key Bills players suffer Myles Garrett-like persistant pulmonary effects, Cam Newton like "covid fog", or Tommy Sweeney-like cardiomyopathy, so "neutral" doesn't work for me personally as a fan.  Get the Jab, Josh!

Exactly. I was very disappointed in his lack of understanding on this point. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I'd upload some but it's saying the files are too large... I have to sort through my 10 1000 TB hard drives to find smaller files, however I doubt it as I found that Nick Foles had the same effect on my file size:flirt:

 

If I had to describe Josh in 1 word Yummy would definitely be it...

 

https://www.makeuseof.com/how-to-reduce-jpeg-file-size/

 

I think we all would welcome visual proof that Josh Allen is lying about his 25% body fat

Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally like Kyle Brandt, I think he is good/entertaining on GMFB.  But this is way too hammed up for my liking, It just seemed to drag on. I guess I enjoyed it, but not enough to add it to my regular podcasts. It feels like he is trying too hard. The opposite of say a Sean Evans on "Hot Ones", who I think is a tremendously talented interviewer and does a great job of making guests comfortable and keeping the flow pretty natural. This feels like a weird mix of him trying really really hard to be a serious interviewer by thinly connecting the 10 questions to some weird historical references in the persons life and also to be just a cool dude like Pat Mcafee. 

The COVID thing was a little weird. Totally anecdotally, most people I have talked to who sort of take the same stance as JA17 did here, are anti-vaccine if you start asking some more for follow up questions. So that is the way I took it. Also anecdotally, I haven't really come across any pro-vacciners who are trying to toe the line of neutrality on the issue. I think Haps mentioned it, and I agree, in 2021, not sort of taking a stance on the vaccine here, is in fact taking a stance. 

Also, weird mention of the constitutional rights. He is from California and plays football in New York, both are states that removed religious exemptions for vaccines for public school students.

Otherwise it was a fun interview. You don't normally get too many lax segments with players that last a full hour. Best we generally see is like 4 minutes on ESPN. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh Allen is a very likable, intelligent, well spoken, funny, engaging guy.

Between that and his exciting style of play, I will be shocked and disappointed if he doesn't become a big national star and get endorsement deals and the whole nine yards.

He has "superstar" and "face of the league" written all over him.

 

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really dig the Kyle Brandt and Pat McAfee style of interviews above all the rest. They are just more engaging and fun in general. Watching or listening to most people from the Bills FO, Coaching Staff, or the players these days is all so much more entertaining than before in general. It's partially because we're on the rise again, but it's also because of the vibe around all of the people involved in this organization. Josh, Tre, Diggs, Beane, Dawkins, I mean the Bills haven't been this fun to be around or watch since the early 90's and that's a fact. The Covid vax thing though? Not really sure why that was even brought up. We can have regular interviews, about sports, without having to throw things like that in there regardless of what side of the fence you stand on. It made for an awkward minute or two with Josh having to tip-toe around his answer. Completely irrelevant to the segment itself as a whole.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

An underrated skill of Josh's is dealing with people of many different personality types. Kyle Brandt's whole schtick is trying way too hard. I like him, but he's not a guy you'd want to go fishing with, or anything relaxing. And he's the guy who blabs about sugar high Josh, blah blah blah. It could have gotten tense or weird. But Josh charmed him with EASE. He's in control.

 

Gotta love JA17.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, H2o said:

I really dig the Kyle Brandt and Pat McAfee style of interviews above all the rest. They are just more engaging and fun in general. Watching or listening to most people from the Bills FO, Coaching Staff, or the players these days is all so much more entertaining than before in general. It's partially because we're on the rise again, but it's also because of the vibe around all of the people involved in this organization. Josh, Tre, Diggs, Beane, Dawkins, I mean the Bills haven't been this fun to be around or watch since the early 90's and that's a fact. The Covid vax thing though? Not really sure why that was even brought up. We can have regular interviews, about sports, without having to throw things like that in there regardless of what side of the fence you stand on. It made for an awkward minute or two with Josh having to tip-toe around his answer. Completely irrelevant to the segment itself as a whole.  

 

I was just going to post that Kyle Brandt and Chris Simms represent opposite ends of the Josh-fan spectrum (Kyle being super drooling fanboy, Chris being a more analytical, Xs-and-Os type fan), and that Pat McAfee is the happy medium between the two. :thumbsup:

 

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

I was just going to post that Kyle Brandt and Chris Simms represent opposite ends of the Josh-fan spectrum (Kyle being super drooling fanboy, Chris being a more analytical, Xs-and-Os type fan), and that Pat McAfee is the happy medium between the two. :thumbsup:

 

 

Yeah, I really like watching Simms as well because he goes into the full breakdown of everything. Coverages, reads, adjustments, just all of the nuances that the casual fan may miss at times, but things that people who played through HS and beyond will usually pickup on also. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

There are sides.  That's a fact.  The problem is that there is no "neutral".  Josh holding back from making a decision is a form of making a decision, thus taking a side.

 

PSA: I don't want this to become "baby vaccine discussion thread", so thread editing will take place.  Narrow focus on what Josh said will stay.  Getting into personal opining or general discussion will go.

 

 

In other words, you see Josh as taking a "side".  I actually don't think that was his intent - I think he was trying to come across as neutral.

The way I saw it, Josh was being honest and not a phony.

 

I find that very refreshing.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

 

The problem is, there shouldnt be "sides" about this.

The fact that there are sides categorizes it as a political issue and not a health issue. 
 

Hence the explicit main board ban. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

I agree, he seems to do a good job both being sensitive to the experiences of his teammates (like when he said last summer that he'd never had the experience of being pulled over by police and fearing for his life and he thought that was horrible) but overall just trying to stay out of politics and social controversy. 

 

But while I think his intent was to come across as neutral, he stepped into it a bit there when he started off on the "constitutional" stuff.  If he'd stopped with "no I have not, and I need to do more research on it" that woulda been better - after all, he's not even eligible to be vaccinated in Cali until 15 April, so if he said he was vaxx'd that woulda been controversial too.

 

 

Constitution...controversial??

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was so good. I hate Justin Bieber. Me listening to josh break down Bieber music:

 

Brad Pitt Yes GIF by PBS SoCal

Yeah, I feel the same way about this and also for his love of Will Ferrell.

 

Sorry, I can't stand Ferrell like everyone else does.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...