Jump to content

Who is the one player you DON’T want the Bills to draft @30


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John McCargo...

Any player that isn't a CB or RB.   Go back and look at the last 5 drafts.  DEs past the top 10 are a crapshoot.  About the same rate of success as any other round.    Every other

I don't want them to draft ANYONE at 30. I'd like them to trade down. I'd then like to see them use the accrued picks to trade around and back up a time or two, ultimately winding up with 4-5 pic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills are on the clock on Path to the Draft. Bucky Brooks took CB Greg Newsome from northwestern at 30. DJ took LB Derrick Barnes from Purdue at 61. Bucky took TE Brevin Jordan from Miami at 93. 

Wow.....barnes at 61!  That’s something new.  And sickening! 🤮 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Billl said:

Why would you want to trade down?  It’s hard enough to find an impact player at 30.  Why dilute the talent pool further before your first pick?

Because there is little if any difference in talent between an end of 1st round and top of 2nd round pick, plus you’re not paying a premium for a 1st round pick, plus you’re adding a pick from the team looking to get their guy @ #30

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

Because there is little if any difference in talent between an end of 1st round and top of 2nd round pick, plus you’re not paying a premium for a 1st round pick, plus you’re adding a pick from the team looking to get their guy @ #30

On the flip side of that, is picking up an extra third really worth dropping 15 spots (just as an example)? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills are on the clock on Path to the Draft. Bucky Brooks took CB Greg Newsome from northwestern at 30. DJ took LB Derrick Barnes from Purdue at 61. Bucky took TE Brevin Jordan from Miami at 93. 

 

 

The highlight of that segment was Rhett Lewis stating that "Josh Allen took a huge dump......err jump......in 2020".

 

Fortunately for Daniel Jeremiah he didn't have to immediately respond because he was not composed at that point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Monty98 said:

 

Rousseau isn't going to stand out athletic wise. But in his redshirt sophomore year he was right behind Chase Young in sacks and only started 6 games. He's not a pure pass rush player, he's a collapse the pocket like Cam Jordan and stop the run on the edge. If he drops to 30 we should be excited.

 

As for who to avoid at 30, for me its Eric Stokes. Wasn't even the best CB on the Georgia roster. That was Tyson Campbell and their second best transferred out

 

 

Rousseau is an unusual prospect.........I don't know if I would use the Cam Jordan comp, Jordan is a real powerful player..........what I think Rousseau did at a highly unusual level is tackle people that almost nobody else could have gotten their hands on.

 

With that length and those 11" hands he doesn't have to be in very good position to get his hands on a ball carrier and when he does it's hard to get free from those mitts.    What are "arm tackles" for some were "hand tackles" for Rousseau. 

 

I'm a Hurricane's fan and I've liked Rousseau more as a pro prospect than the more agile Phillips.

 

I think Rousseau has a chance to be a stat monster and the Bills really need that kinda' guy who gets a lot of TFL and "coverage" sacks that aren't just the occasional vulture sack.    His ability to snare QB's as they try to escape forward in the pocket is impressive........we really aren't used to seeing it done the way that he does it.

 

I've seen the Pierre Paul comps but Rousseau is not that athletic...........and of course HIS hands are a huge plus to his game while JPP has one hand that's barely functional.

 

 

 

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

Rousseau is an unusual prospect.........I don't know if I would use the Cam Jordan comp, Jordan is a real powerful player..........what I think Rousseau did at a highly unusual level is tackle people that almost nobody else could have gotten their hands on.

 

With that length and those 11" hands he doesn't have to be in very good position to get his hands on a ball carrier and when he does it's hard to get free from those mitts.    What are "arm tackles" for some were "hand tackles" for Rousseau. 

 

I'm a Hurricane's fan and I've liked Rousseau more as a pro prospect than the more agile Phillips.

 

I think Rousseau has a chance to be a stat monster and the Bills really need that kinda' guy who gets a lot of TFL and "coverage" sacks that aren't just the occasional vulture sack.    His ability to snare QB's as they try to escape forward in the pocket is impressive........we really aren't used to seeing it done the way that he does it.

 

I've seen the Pierre Paul comps but Rousseau is not that athletic...........and of course HIS hands are a huge plus to his game while JPP has one hand that's barely functional.

 

 

 

 

Don't play with fireworks, kids.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Monty98 said:

 

Rousseau isn't going to stand out athletic wise. But in his redshirt sophomore year he was right behind Chase Young in sacks and only started 6 games. He's not a pure pass rush player, he's a collapse the pocket like Cam Jordan and stop the run on the edge. If he drops to 30 we should be excited.

 

As for who to avoid at 30, for me its Eric Stokes. Wasn't even the best CB on the Georgia roster. That was Tyson Campbell and their second best transferred out

 

I agree especially on Stokes. No idea where the 1st round hype is coming from. Campbell is easily the best corner coming out of Georgia. I am not sure I'd take Stokes at #61. I just don't see it with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TailgateChef said:

Edge rushers taken around 30 in the past 5 drafts:

Yetur Gross-Matos 38th overall 2020, 2.5 career sacks

Montez Sweat 26th overall 2019, 16 career sacks

LJ Collier 29th overall 2019, 3 career sacks

Harold Landry 41st overall 2018, 19 career sacks

Takkarist McKinley 26th overall 2017, 17.5 career sacks

Taco Charlton 28th overall 2017, 11 career sacks

TJ Watt 30th overall 2017, 49.5 career sacks

Emmanuel Ogbah 32nd overall 2016, 27 career sacks

 

There's production there.  I challenge you to find the top 8 edge rushers of the last 5 drafts from rounds 3-7 to compare sack numbers.

If Beane goes that route, we just hope he identifies this year's Sweat or Watt.

 

 

 

Watt is a LB, not a DE.  Same with Landry

 

Alton Robinson Pick 148 2020, 4 sacks

Chase Winovich Pick 77 2019, 11 sacks

Maxx Crosby Pick 106 2019, 17 sacks

Sam Hubbard Pick 77 2018, 16.5 sacks

Josh Sweat Pick 130 2018, 10 sacks

Dawauane Smoot, Pick 68 2017, 11.5 sacks

Deatrich Wise, Pick 131 2017, 14 sacks

Carl Nassib, Pick 65 2016, 20.5 sacks

Yannick Ngakoue Pick 69 2016, 45.5 sacks

Matt Judon Pick 146 2016, 34.5 sacks

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MJS said:

Well I agree about CB and I think there is a large chance the Bills take one high. But I do not want to see a RB taken that high, personally.

 

Stop looking at it as a RB and look at it as an offensive weapon.

 

Etienne will have a Kamara like impact on a team.  He will catch a crazy amount of receptions. 

  • Disagree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

 

Stop looking at it as a RB and look at it as an offensive weapon.

 

Etienne will have a Kamara like impact on a team.  He will catch a crazy amount of receptions. 

Then fumble it and get benched... Or miss a blitz pick up and get our QB hammered.😱😁

Edited by LyndonvilleBill
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kadarius Toney is the only guy I'd be upset with. Seems like more of a gadget type player and his college stats were fairly average. But I trust this scouting staff to make the right decision, they've been great lately so no need to question the pick once it's made.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills are on the clock on Path to the Draft. Bucky Brooks took CB Greg Newsome from northwestern at 30. DJ took LB Derrick Barnes from Purdue at 61. Bucky took TE Brevin Jordan from Miami at 93. 

 

Newsome is the guy I keep coming back to for them. I think he'll be there at 30 and I can't say I'm super well informed on his game but maybe they see him as the big nickel they've been after? He's a smart player and fits very well in their scheme. 

 

I think I'm mostly good with whoever they take at 30. I'm trying to figure out the best value at that spot and it'll depend on how the board falls. But as of now, I think the DT and DE classes aren't great so I'd maybe steer clear at 30. I don't think they value RB that high unless they really think the world of whatever back they're interested in. Same for WR. The position I'd look for is DB of some kind. Maybe even LB, if they find a fast coverage type guy, because we know these days how seldomn teams play three LBs. In short, I have no idea where they're going with this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

Kadarius Toney is the only guy I'd be upset with. Seems like more of a gadget type player and his college stats were fairly average. But I trust this scouting staff to make the right decision, they've been great lately so no need to question the pick once it's made.

Toney is like a lot of players in this draft with only 1 year of significant production in college.  His significant year was at least last season, some others you have to go back to 2019 due to opt outs or shortened seasons.

 

Not advocating to draft Toney, just highlighting that many players in this draft are in same boat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

 

Stop looking at it as a RB and look at it as an offensive weapon.

 

Etienne will have a Kamara like impact on a team.  He will catch a crazy amount of receptions. 

 

I don't think he'd get 100+ targets in the buffalo offense, but i suppose its possible.  Even adding in an extra yard, yard and a half across those thats an extra 150 yard.  Kamara and CMC line up in the slot quite a bit too, which helps increase their yards per catch - but we'll assume etienne is doing something similarly.

 

But basically take all the running back targets, throw in some of mckenzie's snaps/targets too and get around 100.  How much better will he be across those 100 targets than the 3 guys they have?  And will those yards impact the W-L column.  Same for carries and additional yards - say he gets 5 YPA and singletary gets 4.2.  Across 200 carries that 160 yards.  

 

Best case scenario we're adding around 3-400 yards.  I think they could stand to improve in the red zone, so if his value falls there that helps make a greater impact.  

 

And at the same time look at whether he will be the impact player to put you over the top against top 5 competition in the playoffs.  I personally think the defense needs more of an infusion of talent to stop KC than we need a running back.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...