Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

19 minutes ago, B-Man said:

People ARE discussing illegal immigration and it's effects d/t the arrival of a small number in "sanctuary states"

you can try and spin it otherwise, but you are wrong.

I’ve lived in a border state for almost 40 years. Half of those in an industry driven by illegal immigrants.  We’ve been talking about it for decades and nothing has been done about our southern border. If you think stunts like these are going to change things you’re being very naive. Sending them to Kamala’s house is likely the stupidest move.  She will probaby dig in her heels and play along with the childish games.  The GOP is blowing it BIG time on this one.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I’ve lived in a border state for almost 40 years. Half of those in an industry driven by illegal immigrants.  We’ve been talking about it for decades and nothing has been done about our southern border. If you think stunts like these are going to change things you’re being very naive. Sending them to Kamala’s house is likely the stupidest move.  She will probaby dig in her heels and play along with the childish games.  The GOP is blowing it BIG time on this one.  

You’re obviously very passionate about this topic. What’s your solution? Or, do you even acknowledge the problem? 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

With whom?  

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re obviously very passionate about this topic. What’s your solution? Or, do you even acknowledge the problem? 

If you’ve been following along I’ve mentioned the problem quite a few times here. I believe earlier today I called it ***** up.  And unlike most here I’m all about solutions.   So here we go.

1. First and foremost we have to build the wall. Create “funnel points” where we can better control the flow. 

2.  Once we do that we can begin to process those here, make them legal and maybe sure they pay their fair share.  One of the terms of their citizenship is to work and stay free of crime. They begin to live off of our social programs without even looking for work it’s a ticket back “home”. I’m not sure about that one. It may be drastic but hey you asked. 

3.  Get tough on businesses that knowingly hire illegals. To the point that repeat offenders will be punished financially to the point they gave to close up.  For major companies who can absorb the fines as a “cost for doing business” we incrementally increase the fines to the point it doesn’t make financial sense. 

4. Work on getting US based companies to move their manufacturing and call centers to places like Mexico and Central America.  Help these places thrive so they are no longer the massive shitholes these people are fleeing. 

5.  Work with Mexico to help them secure their southern border.  Many of these illegals are flowing in from south of Mexico 

6.  Make sure we all vote Democrat that way we’ll be a bigger shithole than where folks are coming from so they stay there. 😁

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

With whom?  

Voters. 🙄

• Disagree 1

What Joe Biden and the Media Don't Want You to Know About the 'Bused Migrants' Nontroversy

In most of the stories that will be written about these events from our supposedly “objective” press, one thing that will undoubtedly be left out will be what led to DeSantis’ and Abbott’s respective decisions and even a year ago to respond accordingly to the Biden administration’s lax border security policies.

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2022/09/15/what-joe-biden-and-the-media-dont-want-you-to-know-about-the-bused-migrants-nontroversy-n627672

• Like (+1) 1

If you’ve been following along I’ve mentioned the problem quite a few times here. I believe earlier today I called it ***** up.  And unlike most here I’m all about solutions.   So here we go.

1. First and foremost we have to build the wall. Create “funnel points” where we can better control the flow. 

2.  Once we do that we can begin to process those here, make them legal and maybe sure they pay their fair share.  One of the terms of their citizenship is to work and stay free of crime. They begin to live off of our social programs without even looking for work it’s a ticket back “home”. I’m not sure about that one. It may be drastic but hey you asked. 

3.  Get tough on businesses that knowingly hire illegals. To the point that repeat offenders will be punished financially to the point they gave to close up.  For major companies who can absorb the fines as a “cost for doing business” we incrementally increase the fines to the point it doesn’t make financial sense. 

4. Work on getting US based companies to move their manufacturing and call centers to places like Mexico and Central America.  Help these places thrive so they are no longer the massive shitholes these people are fleeing. 

5.  Work with Mexico to help them secure their southern border.  Many of these illegals are flowing in from south of Mexico 

6.  Make sure we all vote Democrat that way we’ll be a bigger shithole than where folks are coming from so they stay there. 😁

Voters. 🙄

I like your plan and agree with most of it…as I believe most Americans would or do. (Im not sure I support #4 though. Didn’t we try that already?)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I like your plan and agree with most of it…as I believe most Americans would or do. (Im not sure I support #4 though. Didn’t we try that already?)

Thanks. Not sure about #4 being tried before. If so worth a try again. I have no idea of the best way. Imagine if Apple moved they manufacturing from China to Mexico. Almost impossible I would imagine. But start with smaller companies.  Textile manufacturing! 

And call centers in Mexico?  I speak Spanglish but not Hindish.  😁

Edited by Chef Jim

Thanks. Not sure about #4 being tried before. If so worth a try again. I have no idea of the best way. Imagine if Apple moved they manufacturing from China to Mexico. Almost impossible I would imagine. But start with smaller companies.  Textile manufacturing! 

And call centers in Mexico?  I speak Spanglish but not Hindish.  😁

And hey! Don’t be hating on Spanglish. My daughter had a bit part in the film. 😊

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And hey! Don’t be hating on Spanglish. My daughter had a bit part in the film. 😊

Funny how autocorrect recognizes it as a pinche word. I’ve not worked in a professional kitchen in I’ve 20 years but my kitchen Spanish is still pretty damn fuerte. 

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup, send more buses.  Don't overburden the border states any longer.

Seriously dude.  The number of migrants being sent in buses is minuscule compare to the problem. 

So I guess you’re cool with illegals being in this country?  

47 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Seriously dude.  The number of migrants being sent in buses is minuscule compare to the problem. 

So I guess you’re cool with illegals being in this country?  

No I'm not.  But it's not as if they don't get bussed elsewhere, they're being deported.  They're here to stay regardless, so might as well relieve the burden on the border states and send them to cities that purportedly welcome them.

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

No I'm not.  But it's not as if they don't get bussed elsewhere, they're being deported.  They're here to stay regardless, so might as well relieve the burden on the border states and send them to cities that purportedly welcome them.

You seem confused.  You're against illegal immigration but you're ok with them being bussed all around the country especially to places where their illegal status is protected.  Weird.  

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You seem confused.  You're against illegal immigration but you're ok with them being bussed all around the country especially to places where their illegal status is protected.  Weird.  

Well,

They are two different things so. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

How so?

It is quite obvious.

Illegal immigration is the hundreds of thousands who are entering the country without following any laws that are already in place for those trying to get into the U.S.

Moving those people who are already in the border states to sanctuary states, and multiple other states, as has been done by the the Biden administration and border governors DeSantis/Abbott is a different action.

Just following the "handbook"

Make them live by their own rule book. -Saul Alinksy in Rules for Radicals

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It is quite obvious.

Illegal immigration is the hundreds of thousands who are entering the country without following any laws that are already in place for those trying to get into the U.S.

Moving those people who are already in the border states to sanctuary states, and multiple other states, as has been done by the the Biden administration and border governors DeSantis/Abbott is a different action.

@Backintheday544 this doesnt seem very christian of this woman, does it?. How dare she want to send them elsewhere? Its inhuman and disgusting.

Edited by DRsGhost

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It is quite obvious.

I'm not following.  Illegal is illegal whether they stay in places such as TX or they get shipped elsewhere by Republicans or Democrats.  If we want to reduce the number of illegals here in the US isn't scattering them throughout the country making that more difficult? 

Let me ask you were you fine with the Biden administration shipping them to other parts of the country?  

BTW this is the most immature tit for tat politics I've seen and the fact that you all think this is in anyway good leadership is beyond me.  

Edited by Chef Jim

What is amazing to me that anyone can call DeSantis immoral or on the wrong side of history for doing exactly what Biden was doing 6 months ago unless they called Biden out also. We need to close the border, which is a federal act, and until we do political theatre will continue, because too many on both sides but it.

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not following.  Illegal is illegal whether they stay in places such as TX or they get shipped elsewhere by Republicans or Democrats.  If we want to reduce the number of illegals here in the US isn't scattering them throughout the country making that more difficult? 

Let me ask you were you fine with the Biden administration shipping them to other parts of the country?  

BTW this is the most immature tit for tat politics I've seen and the fact that you all think this is in anyway good leadership is beyond me.  

Chef….everyone knows it’s a stunt. Everyone. The point is that this stunt wasn’t their first reaction. Something has to change here! They’ve begged and pleaded for TWO YEARS for anyone in the Biden Administration to recognize the problem and nobody will even acknowledge it! They won’t visit the border, they won’t even say the word ‘problem’. So is it a stunt……YEP! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef….everyone knows it’s a stunt. Everyone. The point is that this stunt wasn’t their first reaction. Something has to change here! They’ve begged and pleaded for TWO YEARS for anyone in the Biden Administration to recognize the problem and nobody will even acknowledge it! They won’t visit the border, they won’t even say the word ‘problem’. So is it a stunt……YEP! 

I don't see this as a stunt at all, I think it's an example of the policy that should be put in place if the federal government chooses to have an open border.  If we are unwilling to stop migrants coming across the border, then they should be sent everywhere.  Every municipality in every state should be forced to receive migrants based on the town size.  It's unfair for border states to bear this burden.  It's unfair for migrants to be treated like cattle because border states are overwhelmed.  Best case this could lead to policy changes, worst case at least the burden is shared, and the migrants are being treated humanely.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Precision said:

I don't see this as a stunt at all, I think it's an example of the policy that should be put in place if the federal government chooses to have an open border.  If we are unwilling to stop migrants coming across the border, then they should be sent everywhere.  Every municipality in every state should be forced to receive migrants based on the town size.  It's unfair for border states to bear this burden.  It's unfair for migrants to be treated like cattle because border states are overwhelmed.  Best case this could lead to policy changes, worst case at least the burden is shared, and the migrants are being treated humanely.

That may ultimately be true but until there’s an official policy or program, this is a stunt. And as Chef well knows; you have to break some eggs to make an omelette. 

43 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

That may ultimately be true but until there’s an official policy or program, this is a stunt. And as Chef well knows; you have to break some eggs to make an omelette. 

There won't be an official program or policy until their hand is forced.  You can call it a stunt but at least the governors of border states are trying to bring attention to the immense problem their citizens are facing.  Until this administration see's immigration impact polling they aren't going to do anything.

Civil rights movement, women's suffrage, probably just stunts.  The 15th and 19th would have happened in the same timeframe without anyone doing anything. 

22 minutes ago, Precision said:

There won't be an official program or policy until their hand is forced.  You can call it a stunt but at least the governors of border states are trying to bring attention to the immense problem their citizens are facing.  Until this administration see's immigration impact polling they aren't going to do anything.

Civil rights movement, women's suffrage, probably just stunts.  The 15th and 19th would have happened in the same timeframe without anyone doing anything. 

what can be done to stop people from leaving screwed up places and wanting to come to best place in the world? 

51 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

what can be done to stop people from leaving screwed up places and wanting to come to best place in the world? 

Not that it means anything but what would I do?

First, I would send every illegal immigrant that is caught crossing the border back to their home country.  If they apply for asylum, they would still be returned to their country pending review of their case (not released into the US as is the case now).  If the success rate of entering the US is low, it will likely deter many from trying.

Second, I would seek legislation that makes getting approval for asylum very difficult if not nearly impossible.

Third, I would withhold federal law enforcement funds from sanctuary cities.  There should be no sanctuary for people who are in this country illegally.

Fourth, I would pay Mexico a substantial sum of money to lock down their southern border.  Arizona alone is spending around $1 billion/year on immigration.  I could see that buying a lot of Mexican politicians and policia. 

Fifth, I would make the US southern border secure through additional law enforcement and barriers (such as a wall) in high traffic areas. 

Finally, I would seek legislation that would severely penalize companies and individuals that hire undocumented workers.  Having a deck put on and you hire a contractor without proper documentation?  Tough cookies you pay a fine equal to the cost of the project.

12 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It’s interesting to read how you put it, but the goal isn’t to stop them from ‘wanting to come’ to America. We all love that they want to come. The goal is to stop them from breaking our laws and disrespecting our sovereignty as a nation. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

10 hours ago, Precision said:

Not that it means anything but what would I do?

First, I would send every illegal immigrant that is caught crossing the border back to their home country.  If they apply for asylum, they would still be returned to their country pending review of their case (not released into the US as is the case now).  If the success rate of entering the US is low, it will likely deter many from trying.

Second, I would seek legislation that makes getting approval for asylum very difficult if not nearly impossible.

Third, I would withhold federal law enforcement funds from sanctuary cities.  There should be no sanctuary for people who are in this country illegally.

Fourth, I would pay Mexico a substantial sum of money to lock down their southern border.  Arizona alone is spending around $1 billion/year on immigration.  I could see that buying a lot of Mexican politicians and policia. 

Fifth, I would make the US southern border secure through additional law enforcement and barriers (such as a wall) in high traffic areas. 

Finally, I would seek legislation that would severely penalize companies and individuals that hire undocumented workers.  Having a deck put on and you hire a contractor without proper documentation?  Tough cookies you pay a fine equal to the cost of the project.

So you obviously want a "Keep out" sign on America. I don't like that, but thanks for sharing. 

Would you support a foreign policy that sought to promote more democracy and economic growth in the Americas so people don't have to flee their own countries? Personally I think that's the way to go. 

And immigrants are welcome in the America I want to live in. aging populations are a threat to prosperity, government funding and national security, IMO 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So you obviously want a "Keep out" sign on America. I don't like that, but thanks for sharing. 

Would you support a foreign policy that sought to promote more democracy and economic growth in the Americas so people don't have to flee their own countries? Personally I think that's the way to go. 

And immigrants are welcome in the America I want to live in. aging populations are a threat to prosperity, government funding and national security, IMO 

the current policies have resulted in more migrant deaths then ever before. Thoughts?