Predict the Bills first free agent signing

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Might not be popular - but my gut says a cheap, 1 year prove it deal with Richard Sherman to take Josh Norman's place.

Wouldn't that still cost 6-7M against the Cap this year (if it were a one year deal?)

Olivier Vernon

Cheap.....start out the season on IR.......hope to have him back and tuned for the playoffs?

OK that probably wouldn't be the first signing but he's a fit for the "got no money,  gotta' rush the passer better in playoffs" mindset.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Wouldn't that still cost 6-7M against the Cap this year (if it were a one year deal?)

Vet minimum for the years he's accrued is just over a million. Would cost more than that but I doubt anyone's paying him 6 or 7 coming off of last season. Maybe a 2-yr deal with a bonus this year, a higher number next season, and an out.

Those that say Clowney.  Why would he sign so fast this year?  His offers are most likely going to be much lower than last year, in which he didn’t sign a contract until September 6th.  If he’s our first signing,

I think we’re going to be waiting awhile

2 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

I'm going to go with Mike Hilton, CB, Pittburgh

Hilton is arguably the best nickel corner in football.

He can play anywhere in the secondary, is an excellent blitzer, cover man and tackler

He is a swiss army knife defender that McDermott will love utilizing.

This guy is a huge fan favorite in Piitsburgh because he is all heart. Perfect Bill.

Note: The Chiefs will probably be the biggest obstacle  to the Bills representing the AFC in the Super Bowl for years to come.

One of the best ways to pass them would be to matchup better against Kelce and Hill. Hilton would help solve this.

I love Hilton.  But I think he is too expensive, likely gets cb1 money somewhere. 

Still work to do. 

McDermott specifically noted the Chiefs' speed as something the Bills will have to match in the coming years.

"I think the speed element showed up on the field the other night," he said. "I don't think it takes a coach to realize that. Speed and size, that's what this game is -- speed, size and physicality."

• Like (+1) 2