Cuomo sexual allegations

Unforgiven

15 hours ago, Scraps said:

Sounds like the goal posts keep getting moved for this drug.  First it was that it had to be combined with azithromycin.  Then it had to be taken with zinc.  Then it had to be taken early.  It seems more like you are going to keep changing the combination of ingredients or the time until you get a positive result, which may just be because of the other drugs/minerals/vitamins than because of anything HCQ does.

Maybe people are skeptical of HCQ just because it hasn't really shown a clear benefit and not because “they wanted people to die”?

What better options are you talking about?

No, the key is it has to be combined with zinc.  HCQ ferries it across cell membranes and zinc inactivates the virus.  Azithro is for secondary bacterial infections.

And infection depletes zinc stores.  Hence the need for supplementation.  But at some point, as the infection progresses to the point of requiring hospitalization, viral load overwhelms the capacity of zinc to inactivate it.  It's best for prophylaxis and mild infection, but once hospitalization is required, it's ineffective.

I won't claim it would prevent or cure every or even most pre-hospitalization infection, but even saving 1 person (I'm being dramatic) would be worth it, don't you think?

And skepticism is fine, but the full-court press campaign to denigrate the drug and Trump's motives were far more than skepticism.  And there wasn't time to do studies since we were in a race against the clock against a virus no one really understood that, again, had no treatment options at the time.

What better options are there now?  Well the vaccine for starters.  Then there is remdesivir.  Even convalescent plasma.  I've heard that ivermectin was found later to work well, but with the backlash against HCQ, no one was wasting their time.

Who I say GFY to is those who think doctors like me were somehow hypnotized by Trump and that's the only reason we touted HCQ.  I was actually told about it by a plastic surgeon who hates Trump and he and several colleagues who hate him took it for awhile while working (we were eventually furloughed for 2 months).

Edited by Doc

AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING: 

Gov. Cuomo allegedly reached under aide’s blouse and groped her: report.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/gov-cuomo-allegedly-reached-under-aides-blouse-and-groped-her-report/

AG Tish James calls in big guns for Cuomo harassment investigation.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/ag-tish-james-calls-in-big-guns-for-cuomo-harassment-probe/

Kirsten Gillibrand, the incredible shrinking women’s champion.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/kirsten-gillibrand-the-incredible-shrinking-womens-champion/

Andrew Cuomo’s Favorability Drops to 21% amid Multiple Scandals.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/10/survey-andrew-cuomos-favorability-drops-21-multiple-scandals/

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AND THE HITS JUST KEEP ON COMING: 

Gov. Cuomo allegedly reached under aide’s blouse and groped her: report.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/gov-cuomo-allegedly-reached-under-aides-blouse-and-groped-her-report/

AG Tish James calls in big guns for Cuomo harassment investigation.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/ag-tish-james-calls-in-big-guns-for-cuomo-harassment-probe/

Kirsten Gillibrand, the incredible shrinking women’s champion.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/10/kirsten-gillibrand-the-incredible-shrinking-womens-champion/

Andrew Cuomo’s Favorability Drops to 21% amid Multiple Scandals.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/03/10/survey-andrew-cuomos-favorability-drops-21-multiple-scandals/

Man, they must really want him out.

At some point can we just conclude he’s a predator scumbag and start glossing over it like ‘another ied in Iraq today’?

he’s consuming to many headlines. He’s  obviously a sacrificial lamb smoke and mirror show for the communist manifesto relief bill. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

9 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

He’s toast.  Tonight’s story is the end.  He’ll never concede anything, but it doesn’t matter.  His career is over.  

Yup.  No way he has future.  

But I'm curious if you think his own party wanted him out?  And if so, why?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I know a guy who worked in the facilities management department at the state at a very high level.  Last I spoke with him (two years ago +/-), he absolutely despised Cuomo.  We never spoke about this type of thing, but an example of Cuomo doucheyness was having a custom boardroom table made for his exec team at a cost of $20k-ish, Cuomo not liking the finished product and demanding a new one be made.  State ate the $20k.  The guy is an entitled prick. 

It’s unlikely that key members of his party weren’t aware of rumors of this behavior if true, so it’s fair to wonder what changed.  I’m in the nursing home deaths tie back to “party” and someone has to go.  Interestingly, it wasn’t the corruption scandal with SUNY a few years back—that’s business as usual at NYS.  

34 minutes ago, Doc said:

This isn’t hard to figure out. Cuomo was uniquely situated as a foil for Trump during Covid...even though any honest reporter would have seen right through his daily nonsense and ineptitude. Notice that Cuomo didn’t run for President. He wasn’t considered a national figure in the Democratic Party in the run up to the election. Heck, they had the mayor of South Bend Indiana up on stage, but not the Governor of NY. You’ll also notice that the little Mayor got a cabinet post but again...not the Governor of NY, even though Cuomo did WAY MORE than Buttejudge to get Trump out. Interesting, right? It’s really simple. Politics is like Game of Thrones. Cuomo had to be quickly destroyed so others can ascend into power. The real question is who are those ‘others’ and where are they planning on taking us? 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I know a guy who worked in the facilities management department at the state at a very high level.  Last I spoke with him (two years ago +/-), he absolutely despised Cuomo.  We never spoke about this type of thing, but an example of Cuomo doucheyness was having a custom boardroom table made for his exec team at a cost of $20k-ish, Cuomo not liking the finished product and demanding a new one be made.  State ate the $20k.  The guy is an entitled prick. 

It’s unlikely that key members of his party weren’t aware of rumors of this behavior if true, so it’s fair to wonder what changed.  I’m in the nursing home deaths tie back to “party” and someone has to go.  Interestingly, it wasn’t the corruption scandal with SUNY a few years back—that’s business as usual at NYS.  

There's no way they didn't know the stuff he was doing.  And they obviously knew the nursing home numbers were fudged.  What I want to know is what changed to make them (how own party) go after him?  

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's no way they didn't know the stuff he was doing.  And they obviously knew the nursing home numbers were fudged.  What I want to know is what changed to make them (how own party) go after him?  

Read my post above Doc. It’s not complicated.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Your post didn't answer why Cuomo shouldn't be chosen to ascend to power.  

I thought it was clear, even if not well stated. He’s not Left enough. The people running the DNC are moving in another direction. Now...it’s just a matter of time before Nancy, Chuck and Joe receive a similar fate. The only difference with those three is that the puppet masters believe they’ll all retire before they need to be ‘whacked’. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

“Party” is too broad.  Just like there are different types of Republicans (Bush Rs, pro-lifers, gun people, Trumpers, libertarians, etc.), the Democratic Party is pretty diverse.  The best answer is that there are elements of the party that want him gone (e.g., progressives).  

Here’s the thing.  This is sort of in the “be careful what you wish for” category.  He has a handful of progressive tendencies, but only when he’s pulled in that direction.  Otherwise he’s a pretty cagey moderate.  There some who think he’ll dive left if he happens to survive the latest report, but it’s too late for that.  There are supermajorities in both houses, and they don’t need him anymore.  So they’ll cut him out of everything.  

Personally, I think he’s going to run to the middle.  Beth Garvey, who he just made his chief counsel yesterday, is a creature of the Republicans.  So maybe he’s going to take a shot at doing an IDC type of thing again and working with moderates on both sides to try to put together a coalition.  But I don’t think it matters.  It’s over for him.  

Whether you agree or disagree with his policies, it’s really too bad.  It is HARD to govern in this state, and equally HARD to deal with NYC personalities.  I happen to like the guy; he’s tough, smart, and genuinely cares about doing the right thing (at least in his public life).  Ultimately I think the temperamental bully style just wore thin with too many people and the dam burst on him.  

And I’ll wrap up with the “be careful what you wish for” thing.  You’re going to see a lot of people dip their toes in the gubernatorial waters.  Tish is probably the clubhouse leader right now, and everyone’s going to try to knock her off.  The book on her is that she’s dumber than a bag of hammers, but I don’t get that vibe.  Gianaris (tough, brilliant, spiked Amazon in NYC) is probably going to work with her so he can run for AG and move up.  DeBlas is going to sniff around it, as will DiNapoli (a genuinely good guy who I like).  Kathleen Rice will be in the mix, as will Kathy (tougher than people give her credit for, but money will be an issue).  And we might see others, too.  Bottom line, though: whomever gets in next is going to be a lot more progressive than Cuomo.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Your post didn't answer why Cuomo shouldn't be chosen to ascend to power.  

IMO this comes right out of D.C.

Kills two birds with one stone...

One bird = keeps Cuomo out of the 2024 primaries vs. Harris.

Other bird = will make NYS progressive and that's probably a payback to the progressive part of the Biden coalition.

16 hours ago, B-Man said:

They want the "Democrat Governor's Nursing Home" issue to go away.

Yea now I'm really starting to wonder about these allegations all coming out at once.

I guess one can be emboldened by each previous one, but it's really starting

to feel like an inside hit job, ala Kavanaugh...

20 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Yea now I'm really starting to wonder about these allegations all coming out at once.

I guess one can be emboldened by each previous one, but it's really starting

to feel like an inside hit job, ala Kavanaugh...

Or.............

Now that the 'election' is over and the pandemic has slowed, the truth about some Governors actions no longer need to be propped up by a willing media.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Or.............

Now that the 'election' is over and the pandemic has slowed, the truth about some Governors actions no longer need to be propped up by a willing media.

Or.........

With Trump gone, the news is boring...

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, snafu said:

IMO this comes right out of D.C.

Kills two birds with one stone...

One bird = keeps Cuomo out of the 2024 primaries vs. Harris.

Other bird = will make NYS progressive and that's probably a payback to the progressive part of the Biden coalition.

Yeah no.  Harris isn’t worried about AC.  And she wasn’t before this whole thing started.  Tell me how AC wins a primary south of the Mason Dixon line and we can talk.  

I agree that this is NYS issue.  A little weakness was sensed after the nursing home issue came to light (that’s Tish James doing him dirty), and a bunch of people with an axe to grind nailed him.  The latest, and most damaging one, was organic, and she only came to light at this point because AC doubled down on what appears to be a lie about not touching anyone inappropriately.  

So here’s another layer.  Garvey (Cuomo’s attorney) referred this thing to the Albany PD.  Smart move, but kind of shady.  Accuser #6 apparently doesn’t want to talk to the cops, so AC put her in a vice: either she’s got to talk and come forward and deal with the resultant nonsense, or she doesn’t talk and will be discredited for that reason.  Bold move on his part.  Big gamble.  Let’s see how thing plays out. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

So here’s another layer.  Garvey (Cuomo’s attorney) referred this thing to the Albany PD.  Smart move, but kind of shady.  Accuser #6 apparently doesn’t want to talk to the cops, so AC put her in a vice: either she’s got to talk and come forward and deal with the resultant nonsense, or she doesn’t talk and will be discredited for that reason.  Bold move on his part.  Big gamble.  Let’s see how thing plays out. 

If she talks, it's still she said-he said.  I doubt there's any video evidence.  Smart move by the lawyer.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

If she talks, it's still she said-he said.  I doubt there's any video evidence.  Smart move by the lawyer.

I think there’s logs of who reached the second floor of the mansion.  And, if it is tried, the People probably could get in testimony from Bennett.  This is bad for the gov. I though he would survive before these allegations.  Now, I don’t. 

2 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

I think there’s logs of who reached the second floor of the mansion.  And, if it is tried, the People probably could get in testimony from Bennett.  This is bad for the gov. I though he would survive before these allegations.  Now, I don’t. 

That's because no one knew just how badly the party wanted him out.  Again there's no way they didn't know about them.

On 3/10/2021 at 1:55 PM, ALF said:

U.S. attorney, FBI investigating Cuomo's handling of nursing home deaths

“As we publicly said, DOJ has been looking into this for months. We have been cooperating with them and we will continue to," a senior advisor for the governor, Rich Azzopardi, said Wednesday night.

Current and former law enforcement officials say investigators are in the very early stages of their probe and the possible investigative avenues could include false statements, any scheme to defraud the federal government of funds or any misuse of federal funds.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-attorney-fbi-investigating-cuomo-s-handling-nursing-home-n1258207

6 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Reminder that this is all a smokescreen to keep cuomo killed grandma out of the news. 

7 hours ago, Doc said:

That's because no one knew just how badly the party wanted him out.  Again there's no way they didn't know about them.

Again, the party is pretty diverse.  If you said "certain elements of the party," I might agree with you.  But here's why your statement about "the party" misses the mark.  The party, right now, by and large is Cuomo.  He picked the state chair, and he has a decent amount of control over the state delegates (through dealings with county chairs, who decide who run for such things).  The state party hasn't asked him out yet (at least publicly).  The county chairs haven't dumped him, either (too many friends on the payroll somewhere).  It's the electeds who have turned on him.  They're members of the party, but they are not the party.  Big difference. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ALF said:

I didn’t say it was working particularly well at this point, at least not with elected Dems in the party. 

Of course any FBI investigation proper takes a minimum of three years to get to grand jury. 

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Not sure how much longer Cuomo can hang on now. He has no allies left anywhere. 

He will try to wait it out.  He won’t make a hasty decision, as did Spitzer.  It’s going to take a Goldwater/Rhodes type of visit to get him out.  

16 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Again, the party is pretty diverse.  If you said "certain elements of the party," I might agree with you.  But here's why your statement about "the party" misses the mark.  The party, right now, by and large is Cuomo.  He picked the state chair, and he has a decent amount of control over the state delegates (through dealings with county chairs, who decide who run for such things).  The state party hasn't asked him out yet (at least publicly).  The county chairs haven't dumped him, either (too many friends on the payroll somewhere).  It's the electeds who have turned on him.  They're members of the party, but they are not the party.  Big difference. 

Semantics.  His own party, which, sure, encompasses different elements, decided to out/oust him.  Again the fudged data and assaults would have been as hidden as they were the past year if not for Democrats suddenly speaking out now that Biden is in office.  I don't know if I buy that he was installed as a foil, since there were better candidates, but if they did, he was a monster of their own creation.  Or he created himself and in either case many different elements in the party don't want such an uncouth ruffian running for President and potentially ruining it for Kammy.  And obviously his lackeys won't turn on him until the bitter end.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Semantics.  His own party, which, sure, encompasses different elements, decided to out/oust him.  Again the fudged data and assaults would have been as hidden as they were the past year if not for Democrats suddenly speaking out now that Biden is in office.  I don't know if I buy that he was installed as a foil, since there were better candidates, but if they did, he was a monster of their own creation.  Or he created himself and in either case many different elements in the party don't want such an uncouth ruffian running for President and potentially ruining it for Kammy.  And obviously his lackeys won't turn on him until the bitter end.

Nope.  By that logic, the Republican Party stormed the Capitol b/c some Republicans were part of the group of traitors.  The party itself didn’t act there, much as the party itself didn’t catalyze what has occurred here.  

On 3/8/2021 at 10:40 AM, The Frankish Reich said:

Thoughts about Cuomo:

- the classic lecher who hits on every young woman the office hires. And I can only assume it may have worked, at least a little, once or twice or he wouldn’t keep trying.

- or is he really that slow to catch on? Maybe. I mean, read the openly available profiles of his alleged victim Charlotte Bennett:

https://conandaily.com/2021/02/28/charlotte-bennett-biography-13-things-about-andrew-cuomos-ex-aide/

Very public about having been the victim of sexual assault. Worked on these issues. I’m just gonna say, “Unlikely subject to react well to old creeper big boss’s “playful” banter.” Andrew, it’s called google ... you type in a name, you find out who you’re dealing with before you go all repulsive old man on her. 

- are these offenses that he should resign over? It’s getting closer. The one thing I haven’t seen so far: did any of these women see their career paths hindered by their refusal to indulge the handsy, chatty Gov? If so, he’s gotta go. Right now he’s in a gray area on that front. Don’t give me “but Al Franken” - he shouldn’t have resigned over his corny boomer antics either. 

Full disclosure: I’m a boomer myself. I have daughters just like the Gov. Maybe you should see what they think about an old creeper asking his female staffers whether they’ve had sex with an older man. 

What kind of loser quotes himself? Me, I guess. Here's why. We now have enough credible allegations of what can only be called "workplace harassment" (I'm excluding the "he put his arm around me at a wedding" type things) that in my opinion we've reached the tipping point.

Andrew, it doesn't appear to have sunk in with you yet, but here's the truth: your political career is over. Time to resign.