Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

Well, I'll stand up and be the thread's (potential) archetype d**k.

JJW obviously has a marketing team, and he approves everything bearing his image.

So, one of two things id happening (a) he's blown them off for the past two weeks and he's sending tweets on his own (b) marketing involved and these quasi-easter eggs are purposeful.

If former, innocuous messages, and I give him a pass.

If latter...a big FU, I don't want him near this team. Preying on fan bases, just for his Twitter ego. Simply propagates the culture of narcissism we stand athwart.

Don't know the answer.

However, if he signs in Buffalo for circa $10-11/per, I'm going to disappear this entry tout de suite.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

JJW obviously has a marketing team, and he approves everything bearing his image.

So, one of two things id happening (a) he's blown them off for the past two weeks and he's sending tweets on his own (b) marketing involved and these quasi-easter eggs are purposeful.

If latter...a big FU, I don't want him near this team. Preying on fan bases, just for his Twitter ego. Simply propagates the culture of narcissism we stand athwart.

Don't know the answer.

However, if he signs in Buffalo for circa $10-11/per, I'm going to disappear this entry tout de suite.

I doubt he runs every tweet through marketing professionals. Also, it’s fun to joke about their being hidden messages in his tweets, but thinking there’s any substance to that is idiotic. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dukestreetking said:

Don't know the answer.

You are assuming that teams are offering up the money and he's just picking and choosing.

The market is about to be flooded with more free agents than ever in league history.  

We assume NFL owners are competitive and won't collude.........but they all gotta' see blood in the water and might be practicing some "encouraged" austerity the way that MLB just did when they thoroughly swindled the MLBPA in their most recent free agency.:lol:

Rule of thumb with free agency...........volume on the board reduces what the players get.  

I am certainly not even making the assumption that JJ even has $10M per season offers in hand at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

He could be waiting til we find out more about the salary cap.  If he think the cap might be 195M+, he could really benefit from from waiting.  Signing now doesn’t make him extra $.  Waiting might 

Yup, I doubt we see much happening with signings until all that gets ironed out.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ranch makes everything better.  Blue cheese is torture.

Ranch makes homemade chips better, I’ll give you that. Blue cheese is for more sophisticated palates, and people with an ounce of sense when it comes to wings. Be glad I’m not a mod! Ranch > Blue Cheese is a “vacationable offense”!   😡

11 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Hating on bleu cheese now?

Alright, shut this sh*t show down.

Give @Royale with Cheese a little break. I think he bumped his head as a child. We should not pick (TOO hard) on those with head injuries or troubled youths. 

He knows not what he does. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ranch makes homemade chips better, I’ll give you that. Blue cheese is for more sophisticated palates, and people with an ounce of sense when it comes to wings. Be glad I’m not a mod! Ranch > Blue Cheese is a “vacationable offense”!   😡

Give @Royale with Cheese a little break. I think he bumped his head as a child. We should not pick (TOO hard) on those with head injuries or troubled youths. 

Can I like both?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Can I like both?

Ranch on wings? Sorry, that would be un-American. They are more lenient in Cuba, I hear.

I love ranch on homemade chips. There is a time and a place for everything.  

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Ranch makes everything better.  Blue cheese is torture.

Dude. Get off this board right now.  That is heresy.

45 minutes ago, Augie said:

Ranch on wings? Sorry, that would be un-American. They are more lenient in Cuba, I hear.

I love ranch on homemade chips. There is a time and a place for everything.  

Ranch on wings are for heathens from the Midwest who don't know any better.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Vacationable?? That should be a straight perm ban!! Hahaha. This is Buffalo! You go to a restaurant and ask for ranch with wings they call security, have them rough you up and then throw your ass in a snowbank.

And that's only if the other patrons don't hear you ask for it first and go vigilante on you and take things into their own hands!