Texans releasing JJ Watt

Process

14 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

A friend of mine chided me once for saying he shouldnt put Coke in a nice single malt whiskey. He said "why should anyone tell me how to enjoy my single malt?"

Your thoughts on his opinion ?

I don't even add rocks to my liquor.  I drink it straight...I want to enjoy it for all it's worth.

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

.or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.

If you're going to do it right....Pepsi.

43 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s like I get it, but I don’t get it. I have more of a biased opinion because I went to culinary school and I used to have a strong passion for food. Like when I would make a soup and combine the flavors to my best ability just to have someone order a bowl and instantly start dumping salt in it before they even pick up a spoon. That drives me nuts. But I believe we’re starting to get off topic here. I’m going to go ahead and say that there is zero chance that Watt orders his steak well done

fair. a strong passion for something could definitely mold certain opinions. i also agree he probably doesnt eat it well done and neither do i.... i just dont care if somebody else does.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

44 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

It’s like I get it, but I don’t get it. I have more of a biased opinion because I went to culinary school and I used to have a strong passion for food. Like when I would make a soup and combine the flavors to my best ability just to have someone order a bowl and instantly start dumping salt in it before they even pick up a spoon. That drives me nuts. But I believe we’re starting to get off topic here. I’m going to go ahead and say that there is zero chance that Watt orders his steak well done

People's palates are different.  That the chef knows better is not a good business plan.  I tend to avoid restaurants where they pair all the food and eliminate the choice for me.  Maybe I don't want squash but it has been determined that it is better that way so eat your squash.

53 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

good on him.... i cant stand people telling me how i should like my steak, my beers/drinks, my condiments, or any other food for that matter. What one person might think is ruining a dish might be what the other feels puts it over the top. i've never understood the judgeyness behind what foods people do or dont like.

or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.

You are free to eat and drink as you please. And I am free to judge the heck out of how you eat and drink, if I am made aware of it. You don't need to care what I think. But if you tell me you use ranch, or overpower expensive whiskey with carbonated corn syrup, then I'm going to comment. That's just how it is. 

1 hour ago, Brennan Huff said:

I have it on good authority that he doesn’t even like it cooked.

2 minutes ago, benderbender said:

I didn’t even try ranch until I moved south. Now bleu cheese tastes like ranch with feta in it to me. But this is only an issue with mild or less spicy wings. Once the heat of the sauces goes past Tabasco levels, i’ll take either and be fine with it. 

Dude.  Blue cheese dressing that tastes like Ranch + Feta is BAD Blue Cheese dressing.

17 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I have it on good authority that he doesn’t even like it cooked.

Watt just has them walk the cow in front of a lightbulb.

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In honor of St Patrick’s Day

https://www.oliviascuisine.com/stout-beer-braised-short-ribs/

I prefer with polenta but mashed potatoes would be good 

You need a Chocolate Stout cake to go with that

https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/chocolate-stout-cake-recipe

You're a Football Man of the World, while we're off topic, can anyone explain why Jon Feliciano posted a clip of Khalil Mack sacking TF out of a Denver QB labeled with two words "I Do" over it? (It's on his Instagram story, so I don't know how to link it).  I can translate "gamer" and "emoji" pretty well but Mongo can be too cryptic for me.

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

good on him.... i cant stand people telling me how i should like my steak, my beers/drinks, my condiments, or any other food for that matter. What one person might think is ruining a dish might be what the other feels puts it over the top. i've never understood the judgeyness behind what foods people do or dont like.

or they just like a good quality whiskey and coke..... we need to push against food judging. i'm starting the movement.

Imo, the first part of your name needs to be changed from past to present tense. 😀

And dont you dare judge me for my opinion of you. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't even add rocks to my liquor.  I drink it straight...I want to enjoy it for all it's worth.

You and I need to have a drink together. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

A decent wing requires neither.

Quite true, but I will add this...... a really good wing is strangely hard to find, at least in these parts. I think the blue cheese is more for the celery and carrots than the wings. BUT, unlike ranch,  a wing is not lost it it touches blue cheese.