So a super fast, physical, and aggressive front 7 is the key...

We need to get bigger, more physical and more athletic. No doubt. 

But this defense also needs some guys with some attitude and swagger. 

JPP was asked before the game, how do plan on stopping Pat Mahomes. His response, Pat Mahomes better be worried about stopping me. 

Our defense is too soft.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

Devin White is the benchmark for all NFL MLBs. Instincts way beyond Edmunds, who plays tentatively. Our DL was way better last year. Our interior OL needs a lot of help. We are a long ways from being a SB contender. So glad we didn't make the SB this year. We would have been smashed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Yep, and our defense geniuses McD and Frazier couldn’t figure it out. Hopefully they smarten up by next season. 

Instead we played off, not only didn't double cover but didn't cover at all. 

Vanilla front 4. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

The return of Vita Vea really put that defense on another level. I focused on him a few times just because it seemed like every play he was walking an olineman 5-10 yards backwards.

He was walking 2 guys into the pocket, he was doubled a lot and that opened up the LB’s to fly around the field. Great post. 

24 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

After watching David shut down Kelce tonight i think Milano's agent just lost a tone of leverage,  i have no problem seeing him walk.  Both LB'S from Tampa Bay including David are free agents.  We need more play makers in the front 7 and a real RB.  Fournette is also a free agent,

Fournette ran like that cause it's the SB. If you think he's running like that weeks 2-16, then you're the type of GM his agent wants to talk to. BUYER BEWAREEEEEEE. Hes a Dareus on offense

• Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

After watching David shut down Kelce tonight i think Milano's agent just lost a tone of leverage,  i have no problem seeing him walk.  Both LB'S from Tampa Bay including David are free agents.  We need more play makers in the front 7 and a real RB.  Fournette is also a free agent,

Isn’t David 22 years old?

43 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

this was the season to have a guy like yannick or Clowney. Just picking a few available names from last offseason.

They weren’t week to week needs but in late January/February our front 7 was not going to be good enough. 

Yeah let’s get Clowney so he can play a couple games 

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Star is coming back all of our defensive issues will be gone....😅

Gotta love that hot take on this board lately 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Average starters with an average heavy rotation along the defensive line. Get rid of the heavy rotations and bring in some actual studs along the front four. McD needs to change his philosophy a bit. Can’t win it all with your QB carrying the team and basically JAGs everywhere else. 

JAGS fit the process better then elite talent. 

• Eyeroll 1