Stafford to Rams!!

BillsMafi$

27 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Dolphins have more holes to fill then their 10 - 6 record indicates.  Unless the Fish expect to get gifted a slew of turnovers in key games next season they need to upgrade the talent level significantly just to get back to 10 - 6.

Signing Watson upsets the Dolphins salary cap limiting the number of high impact free agents they can sign.  And giving up those premium picks robs them of trade bait on draft day and the chance to accumulate even more picks and stocking their team with young, low cost talent.

Give me the QB and worry about the rest later. 

I don't get this at all. At first I  thought the reason might be to get the Rams outta cap hell...

Current Contract

Jared Goff signed a 4 year, $134,000,000 contract with the Los Angeles Rams, including a $25,000,000 signing bonus, $110,042,682 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $33,500,000.

Whoa...

Stafford signed the five-year deal is worth $135 million with $60.5 million guaranteed.

I still don't get it...

Stafford kinda stinks... err, well, so does Geoff at times.  Lions 5-11, Rams 10-5.

Shouldn't the Rams be getting all the picks?

4 minutes ago, Process said:

If I had to guess at what the Texans would get for Watson and use the dolphins as an example, I'd say both of their firsts this year, a second this year, and Tua, minimum. 

I reject the hypothesis that Tua should be seen as anything but a mid-second round pick on a value chart. 

This is interesting:

League usually goes out of their way to avoid posting/announcing anything that isn't officially official. Doesn't matter, but it's an interesting shift. 

Back in Da Day when Tyrod Taylor roamed the Bills backfield and Jared Goff was a bemused rookie seeking his way in the wasteland of the 2016 Rams offense, I did a Thing where I looked at success rates drafting QB.

First thing I realized was that I had to decide what success looked like for a QB - some easy statistics that would correlate with a QB who could help the team along with a decent defense.  I came up with 5 metrics where it seemed like a QB who hit all 5 could do pretty well.

Goff hit them all in 2017 & 2018.  Hit 4 of 5 last 2 seasons.

It's boggling my delicate young mind that a team is trading a 26 yr old QB who played in the SB 3 years ago and who has not totally sucked since then AND 2 first round picks for a 32 yr old QB with a plethora of injuries.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Might change this to my Avatar and throw "Bad Man" into my profile.

I'm adopting it as my own.

It is kinda cute, I thought. 

Returning to the topic of the thread, my delicate young mind(tm) is still boggling.

Obviously Les Snead and McVay have decided Goff can't take them where they need to go. 

But just 3 years ago he was the Hot Young Hand of the league.

SMH.  SMDH.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Back in Da Day when Tyrod Taylor roamed the Bills backfield and Jared Goff was a bemused rookie seeking his way in the wasteland of the 2016 Rams offense, I did a Thing where I looked at success rates drafting QB.

First thing I realized was that I had to decide what success looked like for a QB - some easy statistics that would correlate with a QB who could help the team along with a decent defense.  I came up with 5 metrics where it seemed like a QB who hit all 5 could do pretty well.

Goff hit them all in 2017 & 2018.  Hit 4 of 5 last 2 seasons.

It's boggling my delicate young mind that a team is trading a 26 yr old QB who played in the SB 3 years ago and who has not totally sucked since then AND 2 first round picks for a 32 yr old QB with a plethora of injuries.

It’s clear that Sean McVay thinks that any success that Goff had is because of him.

Just now, Process said:

If I had to guess at what the Texans would get for Watson and use the dolphins as an example, I'd say both of their firsts this year, a second this year, and Tua, minimum. 

Throw in next years first too. I would actually let them keep Tua if I am the Texans. Dolphins would probably end up trading Tua to another team. 

Glad Stafford went to the Rams. Now just need Watson to stay out of the AFC East.

The 2021 QB's the Bills defense will face could be some very poor/young QB's:

Dolhins x2 Tua?

Jets x2 Darnold/Rookie?

Patriots x2 Cam/Rookie?

Panthers- Bridgewater/Rookie?

Texans-??? if Watson holds out

Colts- Brissett/Rookie?

Steelers-Old Big Ben/Rookie??

Jaguars- Trevor Lawerence

Saints- A RB/Jaemis Winston?

That leaves games against the Falcons, Chiefs, Titans and Bucs with good QB's. Add the Texans if Watson doesn't hold out. I don't think he is being traded. At the very least, Texans will absolutely take it down to the season opener to try and at least call Watson's bluff on holding out. 

5 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The Rams trade more first round picks as if this is Madden. They just Keep adding more picks players until the computer says Yes. 

And yet they regularly make the playoffs each year ... including going 10-6 this year and winning a post season game..

Just now, FireChans said:

It’s clear that Sean McVay thinks that any success that Goff had is because of him.

This. It is widely thought - and I agree with this to an extent - that McVey has coaxed Goff into being a just average QB. The idea behind the trade is that the offenses ceiling blows up with a QB capable of being good beyond the system and coaching. 

15 minutes ago, Process said:

More

• Agree 2