Richard Sherman: Josh Allen reminds me of Aaron Rodgers

Big Turk

I've heard recently on one of the shows i listened to (can't remember exactly which one) compared him to John Elway as far as his arm and the way he runs but i have always thought he was more like Rogers than any other QB comparison in the NFL .

If we can have the run like GB has had with Rogers it's gonna be a awesome future for the Bills maybe even better than the 90's Bills wouldn't that be something great !!! 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, T master said:

I've heard recently on one of the shows i listened to (can't remember exactly which one) compared him to John Elway as far as his arm and the way he runs but i have always thought he was more like Rogers than any other QB comparison in the NFL .

If we can have the run like GB has had with Rogers it's gonna be a awesome future for the Bills maybe even better than the 90's Bills wouldn't that be something great !!! 

Rodgers is apparently someone Josh studies and tries to model his game after

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

That's just simply not true.  Aaron Rodgers just threw for 48 TDs and 7 interceptions.  He has 412 TDs and 89 interceptions in his career. 

I love Josh Allen.... he's not Aaron Rodgers yet. 

Yet he lost to the Colts this year🤔 only scored 3 Ots in second half...

2 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Not named Aaron Rodgers, yes. 

His god given talent is greater than Rodgers.  I don’t think there’s any question about that.  He’s not the better qb atm, but he has more talent and each day, is finding out new was to harness that talent and use it on the gridiron 

2 minutes ago, dabills26 said:

Could we see Sherman in a Bills uniform? I wouldn't mind.

I could see it. Wallace and Norman FA’s.  Sherman is build for zone.  Solid in run support.  I think we’ll be drafting a corner in the first 3 rds, maybe even the 1st (as its another weak pass rushing class), but Sherman would be a nice 1 year addition imo. 

Well...I’m just happy we’re having a not-too-crazy debate over whether or not our QB is as good as aaron Rodgers.  

i don’t even care if he is. Just to be under consideration without much embellishment is good enough!

that said - josh is his own worst enemy at times.  Gotta better understand the game situation.  Protect the ball when necessary.  Stop being a hero and fumbling when it’s not necessary.  That’s the only flaw in his game. 

Edited by JimBob2232

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:Sherman is build for zone.  Solid in run support.  I think we’ll be drafting a corner in the first 3 rds, maybe even the 1st (as its another weak pass rushing class), but Sherman would be a nice 1 year addition imo. 

It’s almost be tempting to bring him in for some type of big nickel hybrid where Sherman specializes in covering TEs. His lost speed wouldn’t matter as much in a role like that. Just a thought. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Frat-Train said:

Nice!!!

I wonder if he qualifies for the Rodgers rate now!!!

Solid entry for post of the day! 👏

41 minutes ago, T master said:

Howard & Jeremy were discussing Elway/Allen comparisons with Sal this morning on WGR—in the context of “the drive” anniversary against Cleveland. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Why do we have to compare Josh to anybody?  He is who we wouldn't trade for anyone else.  Yes, at this point in his career, he has made a very few mistakes, which he will correct as he continues to gain experience.  To me, his greatest asset is his will to win.  He is a fighter, he doesn't accept getting beat.  If he has a weakness, he will work like hell to get better.  Plus all that, he has a cannon for an arm and  accuracy that has drastically improved.  And on top of that he's elusive in the pocket and enough strength and speed to be a dangerous ball carrier.  Plus, he's a team leader, well-liked by his teammates and his coaches.  No, I don't have to compare Josh to anyone.  I'm just glad he's OUR QUARTERBACK.

3 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

your statement isn't true Aaron didn't start till year 4.. had 3 years to sit down so ill compare Josh Allen to Rodgers year 4 and year 5 so hairs are not split yes?

Josh Allen 4544 yards, 7.9 Avg, 37 TD , 10 INT, 107.2 Rate

Rodgers year 4 4038 Yards, 7.5 Avg, 28 TD, 13 INT, 93.8 Rate

Rodgers year 5 4434 Yards, 8.2 Avg, 30 TD, 7 INT, 103.2 Rate

At this point in Rodgers career one would think Rodgers would get better. Same with Josh.. and we wont even dig into rushing stats.. we know how that ends.

To not think for ONE SECOND lol that Josh cant be just is good as Rodgers is crazy..

screw it lets add rushing to all of this.. 

Rodgers year 4 207 yards and 4TD

Rodgers year 5 316 yards and 5TD

Josh Allen 421 yards 8 TD

Of course he's not Rodgers right NOW!  Experience! But will he? Can he? my simple answer is YES

Does Josh remind me of where Aaron was ? YES

Edited

I understand you said yet to.. but you don't compare this season with this season on both players.. not a fair comparison 

I didnt compare either season LOL... I just said Rodgers has been insane and put his TD: INT ratio there,

I said Josh Allen isn't Rodgers.... yet. I never anywhere in any of my posts mentioned Josh not being good, or capable of being Rodgers.. at alllll HOLY S*** you are sensitive.... 

I also said 3 years doesnt tell a story, 15 years does... Rodgers is simply the most gifted QB to ever step on a field... There is NO negativity to slight to Josh. i LOVE josh allen lol

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Yet he lost to the Colts this year🤔 only scored 3 Ots in second half...

Ok? And Rodgers beat the Titans this year.... what's your point?

Edited by warrior9

1 hour ago, warrior9 said:

I didnt compare either season LOL... I just said Rodgers has been insane and put his TD: INT ratio there,

I said Josh Allen isn't Rodgers.... yet. I never anywhere in any of my posts mentioned Josh not being good, or capable of being Rodgers.. at alllll HOLY S*** you are sensitive.... 

I also said 3 years doesnt tell a story, 15 years does... Rodgers is simply the most gifted QB to ever step on a field... There is NO negativity to slight to Josh. i LOVE josh allen lol

No but you were comparing him to this season... that's not fair in the means of thinking Josh will be the next Rodgers witch Sherman was referring to.

I'm not sensitive on this topic I'm stating facts.. that if you wish to compare the 2 QB single stat to this year is far from fair to finding out If Josh is on his way being the next Aaron. I think you and I are on the same page... We stand by our QB and we compare to another QB on a fair basis to the topic. IF we were talking about MVP I would of replied and said I 100% agree.

As I normally do with most of your content as you do with mine lol. 

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I think he means Aaron Rodgers reminds him of Josh Allen

LOL I see where your going with this lol

3 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen is just as mobile as Rodgers, has Favre’s arm, and is developing Rodgers touch. What a QB run Green has had from 1993-present day.

Allen is definitely a rare QB. What impresses me the most is the work he puts in at getting better every off season, and his ability to be self-critical. About the only thing I see he could improve on are his diet, and plyometric training. If Allen could be as pliable as Brady; and as ripped as Brees he could dominate well into his 40s! 

Us arm chair QBs take offense. We could be ripped like Brady and Brees. It's only that Timmy Ho's hasn't offered the right combo meal.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

His god given talent is greater than Rodgers.  I don’t think there’s any question about that.  He’s not the better qb atm, but he has more talent and each day, is finding out new was to harness that talent and use it on the gridiron 

I could see it. Wallace and Norman FA’s.  Sherman is build for zone.  Solid in run support.  I think we’ll be drafting a corner in the first 3 rds, maybe even the 1st (as its another weak pass rushing class), but Sherman would be a nice 1 year addition imo. 

Wallace is an RFA so he would be pretty easy to resign if that is what the Bills want ro do.

• Like (+1) 1