Trump Impeachment 2.0

Can't we just move on?  It's been 4 years of this nonsense.  Trump has destroyed whatever he had left of a legacy. This is only going to create more division and potential violence.  Give it up. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Irv said:

Can't we just move on?  It's been 4 years of this nonsense.  Trump has destroyed whatever he had left of a legacy. This is only going to create more division and potential violence.  Give it up. 

Convicting an impeachment would strip Trump of his presidential pension and travel funds plus set a precedent other Presidents shouldn’t try to undermine democracy.

Worth doing. If Mitch is on board, even better!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Accountability is necessary. Snuff out this parasite 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Everyone tried but Trump didn't want to after Biden won

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Oh sure, we should just let it go when a President encourages his cult to try to violently thwart the democratic process. What could go wrong if that goes unpunished. 

The dude belongs behind BARS. JAIL. PRISON.  

Edited by Motorin'

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

America tried to move on but Trump wouldn't stop.

So you're inept to take care of yourself.

No President, past, present or future can help you.

Edited by I am the egg man

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Oh sure, we should just let it go when a President encourages his cult to try to violently thwart the democratic process. What could go wrong if that goes unpunished. 

The dude belongs behind BARS. JAIL. PRISON.  

I don't like Trump but is there any proof he "encourages his cult to violently..." do anything? Please cite a source if you could.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsToast said:

I don't like Trump but is there any proof he "encourages his cult to violently..." do anything? Please cite a source if you could.

Did you watch his rally before the riot they they incited? It's the definition of inviting a riot. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

Did you watch his rally before the riot they they incited? It's the definition of inviting a riot. 

I don't remember him telling them to riot or take over Congress. I do remember him doing his talking points: 1. Robbed during and election 2. We're the same so they are stealing from you and more blah blah blah stuff

Was there something else I missed? I ask sincerely. By that definition anything could be considered incitement so I want clarity not guilt by association. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah I think this is rapidly heading towards impeachment and conviction. Crazy times. I never would have guessed this would actually happen, and only a week before he would be leaving office. Shows you how little patience the GOP has for him at this point.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah I think this is rapidly heading towards impeachment and conviction. Crazy times. I never would have guessed this would actually happen, and only a week before he would be leaving office. Shows you how little patience the GOP has for him at this point.

After that Trump speech before the Capitol riot I don't blame any of these people.  I'm surprised with Cheney though as her chance of ever being majority leader is over.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

After that Trump speech before the Capitol riot I don't blame any of these people.  I'm surprised with Cheney though as her chance of ever being majority leader is over.

After what happened Jan 6 do you think republicans can gain the majority in the House and Senate in 2022 ?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Irv said:

Should they have moved on from Benedict Arnold?

Trump not only helped create a riot, he praised it, people were killed, he wouldn't even fly the flag at half staff for respect, he pushed his followers to threaten the VP, he accused people across the country of criminal activities without one ounce of proof, he threatened people like a mobster across state lines ( which was taped), and wanted a coup (not over yet). 

Yes it creates division to charge him, but the country has to decided what they want to be. A symbol of law order and democracy, or revert back to the wild west and Civil War times.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Let's not forget Trump decided zero security for his violent rally also, he knew what he was doing. Refused to call in the national guard.

I thought you didn’t want him to call in the national guard this past summer. This blatant hypocrisy is really confusing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not really.

Please don’t tell me I have to put the word ‘sarcasm’ after every post. 😉

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

Can you show me where I once said that.

TB...I’m not on here 24/7. I really don’t have time to research all of your posts. The point still stands, and you know it. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Please don’t tell me I have to put the word ‘sarcasm’ after every post. 😉

TB...I’m not on here 24/7. I really don’t have time to research all of your posts. The point still stands, and you know it. 

No it doesn't, I never said that. Never once did.

Trump is in deep doo doo this time.

It wasn't just one side of the political divide that was forced to scurry for cover, when Trump wound up his clockwork soldiers and pointed them at the Capitol.

Mobs generally, are not known to be very discriminating, and the people stuck in the Capitol building, are going to be only too aware of that.

Prior to the events at the Capitol, the Democrats might have had a very slim chance of the required majority in the Senate, to impeach Trump. Now, I think it's almost a done deal, and it's Trump's own fault.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Irv said:

Appeasement has proven to be a such a successful strategy for dealing with a national or international bully!

This is the GOP. A moral degenerate like "See no evil" Jordan speaking out against people with decency 

Rep. Jim Jordan says Rep. Liz Cheney should be removed from No. 3 House GOP post after calling for Trump’s impeachment

By Mike DeBonis and Felicia Sonmez

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) speaks during a House debate session Jan. 6. (Handout/Getty Images)

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), one of Trump’s staunchest defenders on Capitol Hill, called Wednesday for the ouster of Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from her role as the No. 3 House Republican leader after Cheney threw her support behind efforts to impeach the president.

“I think she’s wrong,” Jordan told reporters at the Capitol on Wednesday morning. Asked about the possible removal of Cheney as House Republican Conference chair, Jordan replied that House Republicans “ought to vote on that.”

On Tuesday night, Cheney became the highest-ranking Republican to announce her support for impeaching Trump.

“The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence,” Cheney said in a statement. “He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States to his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

“I will vote to impeach the President,” she said.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

This is the GOP. A moral degenerate like "See no evil" Jordan speaking out against people with decency 

Rep. Jim Jordan says Rep. Liz Cheney should be removed from No. 3 House GOP post after calling for Trump’s impeachment

By Mike DeBonis and Felicia Sonmez

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) speaks during a House debate session Jan. 6. (Handout/Getty Images)

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), one of Trump’s staunchest defenders on Capitol Hill, called Wednesday for the ouster of Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from her role as the No. 3 House Republican leader after Cheney threw her support behind efforts to impeach the president.

“I think she’s wrong,” Jordan told reporters at the Capitol on Wednesday morning. Asked about the possible removal of Cheney as House Republican Conference chair, Jordan replied that House Republicans “ought to vote on that.”

On Tuesday night, Cheney became the highest-ranking Republican to announce her support for impeaching Trump.

“The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence,” Cheney said in a statement. “He did not. There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States to his office and his oath to the Constitution.”

“I will vote to impeach the President,” she said.

Jim Jordan is such a little ***** it's not even funny. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BillsToast said:

I don't remember him telling them to riot or take over Congress. I do remember him doing his talking points: 1. Robbed during and election 2. We're the same so they are stealing from you and more blah blah blah stuff

Was there something else I missed? I ask sincerely. By that definition anything could be considered incitement so I want clarity not guilt by association. 

I think Trump is always very careful about is words. No, he never said break into the Capitol and violently bring the certification to a halt. If he had, that would have been much more than inciting a riot. That would have ben an act of sedition.

What he did was the political equivalent of shouting "Fire!" in a crowed theater. The person yelling fire could argue that they didn't tell anyone to trample each other to death as they freaked out to evacuate... But you can't incite a riot by yelling Fire in a crowed theater, that's how people die. 

Trump set the conditions of the riot by organizing the event and whipping the crowd into a frenzy, and apparently Don Jr. was worse. Giuliani urged "Trial by Combat." But the inciting of a riot didn't stop there.

As the crowds were breaching the Capitol Trump tweeted out "Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!" As they were breaking down the doors on live TV, that is what he told them. 

And the Trump mob that had been told over and over that Pence was going to change the results of the election start chanting  "Hang Mike Pence! Hang Mike Pence,"

while they are breaking into the chamber that Mike Pence is in.

Please watch this review that has some of the most comprehensive video of what happened, and if you still want to hold that that Trump holds no responsibility for inciting these actions, then at least you've seen the whole picture and have come to that conclusion: 

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/watch/chris-99178053752

• Like (+1) 1