Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m thinking if the Bills had a better run D and running offense, they would be picked more often...hearing a lot people saying how one dimensional the Bills are...

Well we kinda are. But if you had to pick one dimension... im jumping through that passing dimension wormhole everytime! Seriously though, d steps it up we win handily.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Bills are the favorites..... but everyone I hear is leaning towards or picking Baltimore.

Bills don’t really run, ravens don’t really pass, ravens blitz more than anyone, Josh kills the blitz better than anyone. Intriguing matchup, probably comes down to turnovers and red zone offense. One Qb has been prone to turnovers in the playoffs, hope it continues 

• Like (+1) 1

In the little I’ve watched if the Ravens this year, just a couple of games, I am less concerned with the run v. the pass and more concerned with where they get their yards. If the Bills can be stingy between the hash marks, I think Lamar has some difficulty throwing outside the numbers. He’s going to get his yards, you sort of have to concede that. But outside the hash seems like a weak spot. 

Just the eye test. I have nothing to back that up. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

In the little I’ve watched if the Ravens this year, just a couple of games, I am less concerned with the run v. the pass and more concerned with where they get their yards. If the Bills can be stingy between the hash marks, I think Lamar has some difficulty throwing outside the numbers. He’s going to get his yards, you sort of have to concede that. But outside the hash seems like a weak spot. 

Just the eye test. I have nothing to back that up. 

I am most concerned with their front seven. It is good, and could present real problems. Beasley being able to play at a high level is key — he is a blitz killer.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m thinking if the Bills had a better run D and running offense, they would be picked more often...hearing a lot people saying how one dimensional the Bills are...

It's somewhat true.  In a way, we have exactly the kind of team that usually doesn't end up winning Super Bowls.  High-flying pass attacks usually run into a buzzsaw defense along the way, and once that gets taken away they turn back into a pumpkin.

I think this year's Bills team has some intangibles that could overcome that.  But I'm a homer and I stray more & more from logic as we advance further, so that can't really be trusted.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Bills are the favorites..... but everyone I hear is leaning towards or picking Baltimore.

Everyone wanted to see if Lamar could win in the Playoffs.  

Ravens won in balanced fashion where their defense played well and Lamar played pretty good, with the highlight of the weekend.  

Lots of people thought the Bills would smoke the Colts.   

The game went down to the wire and we won despite our defense.   Josh Allen was a stud, but people know that now.  

Both won, but: 

Ravens met expectations.  

Bills did not.  

That’s why we have the narrative this week that we have. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

They wore throwback helmets at closed practice today I read on Twitter.

hmmm

🤨🤨🤨🤔🤔🤔

Negative. There’s a picture from practice today and they have the normal helmets on. Looks like we are wearing blue jerseys this week though.

Edited by Bangarang

26 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am most concerned with their front seven. It is good, and could present real problems. Beasley being able to play at a high level is key — he is a blitz killer.

I agree here. But I’ll add on. Beasley was clearly hobbled against Indy. I’m glad he was able to go, but if he isn’t working, we have to open to trying to give some of his touches to McK who is a serviceable replacement. 

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Everyone wanted to see if Lamar could win in the Playoffs.  

Ravens won in balanced fashion where their defense played well and Lamar played pretty good, with the highlight of the weekend.  

Lots of people thought the Bills would smoke the Colts.   

The game went down to the wire and we won despite our defense.   Josh Allen was a stud, but people know that now.  

Both won, but: 

Ravens met expectations.  

Bills did not.  

That’s why we have the narrative this week that we have. 

This is some reactive new way of looking at games. 

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

They'll be renting a snow-making machine this week and shooting it on their field during practice.

Channel 4 report for Saturday night.

Lake effect snow is possible starting Saturday afternoon. At this point, it looks like areas south of Buffalo are most likely to see the brunt of any snow. While it's not clear yet whether Bills Stadium will get hit with a band, the forecast for the team's second home playoff game is definitely more interesting than the forecast for the first one.

Football fever aside, significant accumulating lake effect snow is becoming increasingly likely for the Southern Tier Saturday night into Sunday. Plan on tough travel during the weekend if the right factors line up.

I doubt he's seen Buffalo snow

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

Well we kinda are. But if you had to pick one dimension... im jumping through that passing dimension wormhole everytime! Seriously though, d steps it up we win handily.

I’ll always pick pass heavy also but next season we really need to figure out how to run the ball to take some pressure off Josh. 

Also, Ravens have the best secondary we have seen all season. This will be a dogfight of a game 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Success said:

It's somewhat true.  In a way, we have exactly the kind of team that usually doesn't end up winning Super Bowls.  High-flying pass attacks usually run into a buzzsaw defense along the way, and once that gets taken away they turn back into a pumpkin.

I think this year's Bills team has some intangibles that could overcome that.  But I'm a homer and I stray more & more from logic as we advance further, so that can't really be trusted.

Chiefs overcame that by finding a running game in the playoffs and mahomes being mahomes. Niners D had really slowed them down in the first half of the SB though. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

I’ll always pick pass heavy also but next season we really need to figure out how to run the ball to take some pressure off Josh. 

Also, Ravens have the best secondary we have seen all season. This will be a dogfight of a game 

I tend to agree with you about their secondary, but plenty of people hype Miami’s secondary and those dudes are straight trash when defending a Josh Allen led pass attack. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I assumed teams practice in the jersey they will wear the upcoming weekend.    Ravens should have been in white.  I guess that is not a thing. 

The image is not from this past week 

but they have practiced in snow. Ergo I don’t buy the story line. 

I don’t know what other teams practice in. 

I have been following the Bills trend and yes the offense practices in the colors they will wear that week. 

16 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

74C3F403-306B-4725-B4EA-43AC1AE40FB2.jpeg

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pictures from today 

The good news is that we know there will be players playing football in bills uniforms on Saturday. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Eyeroll 2