Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Exactly.  The Raven offense did not exactly run wild on the Titans and the Titans are not known for defense.  It was the Ravens D that won this game.  Josh Allen is not Ryan Tannehill.  

Titans defense was almost the worst in the NFL. Bills just need to be disciplined and not overpersue.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wow.  "The pain I felt watching that game mentally was worse than any pain I was going to feel physically"  And we were kicking their ass and taking names by the end of the first half.

That Guy Beasley.  Just Wow.

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Was this posted?

Looks better than the number of DNP’s from last week 

Yeah, but I'm not liking it.  Hamstring for Edmunds - is that why the run D fell off in the 4th Q?

image.thumb.png.db23f36ceffca540a2c7d13fe9f890cc.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow.  "The pain I felt watching that game mentally was worse than any pain I was going to feel physically"  And we were kicking their ass and taking names by the end of the first half.

I mean missing that game cost him a thousand yard season.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Love Beas. Guess we should anticipate him playing again and it sounds like he’ll be feeling better physically which is great 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

This is the most encouraging thing I’ve seen with relation to this game. The one thing I think of whenever I consider this matchup is them just constantly blitzing Josh last year and him being a deer in headlights. 

But that was him against cover 0 and man coverage all last year no matter who he played. Except Miami... 

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean missing that game cost him a thousand yard season.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that was why he was feeling that pain.

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Love Beas. Guess we should anticipate him playing again and it sounds like he’ll be feeling better physically which is great 

I think so.  He said he felt better today than he felt at this point last week.  McDermott said he expected he'd play.

• Like (+1) 1

2020 NFL Divisional Round: Best way to exploit each offense

Published: Jan 12, 2021 at 02:58 PM

David Carr

NFL.com Analyst

How to exploit the Ravens: Stack the box and force the NFL's worst passing offense to win the game. This one feels obvious compared to the rest of the playoff field, as the Ravens had the worst passing offense in the league during the regular season. The Tennessee Titans had a good game plan and kept Lamar Jackson from running for big gains Sunday, until he put on his cape and dazzled the football world with a 48-yard touchdown run at the end of the first half. It's hard to account for Jackson's superhuman powers -- which we've all seen him use to win games -- but bringing a safety down in the box to stop the run and forcing the Ravens to throw the ball is the formula to beating them.

There's a reason the Ravens have been one-and-done in the postseason the last two seasons, and it's not all on Jackson. Rather, it's the collective unit's inability to routinely move the ball effectively through the air (this includes Greg Roman's play-calling). If the Ravens are forced to become one-dimensional, it will be extremely tough for Jackson to accurately throw the ball, and we have to assume it will be difficult for his pass-catchers to consistently win their matchups against the remaining teams, simply because we haven't seen them do it.

How to exploit the Bills: Let Josh Allen try to do too much. The Bills' offensive weakness is also their strength: third-year quarterback Josh Allen. I've known Allen since he was 12 years old, and I'm a huge fan of his. He's improved every aspect of his game over the last year and has been a huge part of why the Bills are in this position. He's even a deserving MVP candidate. But I see a lot of Brett Favre in Allen. It's a blessing and a curse. 

Allen has the ability to make every dynamic play in the book (and he's made a lot of them), but sometimes his tendency to do too much bites him in the butt. Let's look at one play from Buffalo's wild-card win over Indy. The Bills had the ball at their own 43-yard line and a three-point lead with just under four minutes to play -- and with Allen fighting off a sack for a major loss, the ball ended up lying on the ground, deep in Bills territory. Fortunately, Daryl Williams recovered it, but this type of thing happens often when relying on Allen to make plays outside the X's and O's. Allen's dynamic playmaking ability has made the run game into an afterthought, especially now that they won't have rookie running back Zack Moss (ankle) for the rest of the postseason. This puts more stress on Allen's ability, which again could either be a great thing or extremely detrimental. Is Allen going to make a play that costs the Bills the game? I hope the Bills' season doesn't end that way, but it's certainly possible.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-divisional-round-best-way-to-exploit-each-offense

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Appreciate the nice words. Why? Cuz it’s as common at Bills games as the SHOUT! song. I was hoping with less than 7k in the stands and ore than a year since ANYONE saw a Bills game live, maybe it wouldn’t happen. Especially given how rare the opportunity was. But, NOooooooo..

Understood. Thanks friend. Hopefully civility reigns this weekend. I'm sure 99.9% of those that attended understand what a privilege it is and represent the rest us well.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but I'm not liking it.  Hamstring for Edmunds - is that why the run D fell off in the 4th Q?

image.thumb.png.db23f36ceffca540a2c7d13fe9f890cc.png

Re watched the game....

1. Daryl:pretty certain he got injured on the kickoff, after Bass long field goal 4th qtr

2. Edmunds: he was moving the exact same, not showing any hamstring issues on the final 4 drives.  He was even running outside,  press coverage at a wr on the hail mary.  Didnt look like he injured on that last play, but possible...he didn't pull up or act like he strained/pulled it in any way.  Could just be general soreness

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bizarre being one of the final 8 teams. Turn on Sportscenter and they are showing josh Allen’s post-practice interview from today.

Its nice eh!

Wait until the Bills are one of 4....it will be surreal :)

• Like (+1) 1