Divisional Playoff round: Ravens at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wow.  "The pain I felt watching that game mentally was worse than any pain I was going to feel physically"  And we were kicking their ass and taking names by the end of the first half.

That Guy Beasley.  Just Wow.

Yeah, but I'm not liking it.  Hamstring for Edmunds - is that why the run D fell off in the 4th Q?

image.thumb.png.db23f36ceffca540a2c7d13fe9f890cc.png

No...it seemed like the Bills went back to double high safety looks on D in the 4th quarter.

Bills are very good against the run when they focus on it but not good when they just play normal. Luckily the Ravens have a weak passing game overall.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don't downplay how big of a mental thing that can be...Miami used to fold like cheap tents here in the snow games...

Not saying it will have any effect but it definitely could.

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

2020 NFL Divisional Round: Best way to exploit each offense

Published: Jan 12, 2021 at 02:58 PM

David Carr

NFL.com Analyst

How to exploit the Bills: Let Josh Allen try to do too much. The Bills' offensive weakness is also their strength: third-year quarterback Josh Allen. I've known Allen since he was 12 years old, and I'm a huge fan of his. He's improved every aspect of his game over the last year and has been a huge part of why the Bills are in this position. He's even a deserving MVP candidate. But I see a lot of Brett Favre in Allen. It's a blessing and a curse. 

Allen has the ability to make every dynamic play in the book (and he's made a lot of them), but sometimes his tendency to do too much bites him in the butt. Let's look at one play from Buffalo's wild-card win over Indy. The Bills had the ball at their own 43-yard line and a three-point lead with just under four minutes to play -- and with Allen fighting off a sack for a major loss, the ball ended up lying on the ground, deep in Bills territory. Fortunately, Daryl Williams recovered it, but this type of thing happens often when relying on Allen to make plays outside the X's and O's. Allen's dynamic playmaking ability has made the run game into an afterthought, especially now that they won't have rookie running back Zack Moss (ankle) for the rest of the postseason. This puts more stress on Allen's ability, which again could either be a great thing or extremely detrimental. Is Allen going to make a play that costs the Bills the game? I hope the Bills' season doesn't end that way, but it's certainly possible.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-nfl-divisional-round-best-way-to-exploit-each-offense

For context around this, I believe it was David Carr ("I've known Josh Allen since he was 12 years old" - really?  Maybe you met him once at a Fresno QB camp.  Probably the one where he got sorted into the "B" group) who suggested after last year that the Bills should remake their offense in the image of the Ravens offense to take advantage of Allen's rushing abilities because he was never going to be more than mediocre as a passing QB but was extremely talented as a runner.  (I looked but couldn' t find this article)

Then there was this:

I don't think David Carr has very good judgement about Josh Allen or the Bills offense.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Freeman looks cold. 

Yeah, Motor looks like he's making a bit of a statement.  "We're inside, man, it's shirts and shorts weather!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Whatever happens this weekend, the Bills have found themselves their Franchise Qb for the present and future. I see Stephen A. is picking the Ravens to win. I like this team as an underdog. I imagine Stephen A. would pick the Bills to be the underdog in these next 3 games... Guess we will see...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

Dead wrong.  Slick conditions favor the offense in general, but more specifically the passing game.  The WRs know where they are going, the DBs don't.  Stopping/starting/cutting is more difficult.  That is actually a bit tougher on the run game as well.

Free association:

Thinking about LeSean McCoy who By God could cut on a dime in the snow and give change.

That led to me thinking about McCoy on Allen: "He's going to be great.  You'll see!"

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

For context around this, I believe it was David Carr ("I've known Josh Allen since he was 12 years old" - really?  Maybe you met him once at a Fresno QB camp) who suggested after last year that the Bills should remake their offense in the image of the Ravens offense to take advantage of Allen's rushing abilities because he was never going to be more than mediocre as a QB

Then there was this:

I don't think he has very good judgement about Josh Allen or the Bills offense

No I love this strategy, it's a great strategy, they should absolutely do this. I'm sure letting our most dynamic offensive player be himself will help them win and won't at best give them a 4th quarter INT while we're already three scores up.

6 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Somehow I find that hard to believe 

The Ravens are practice in snow 

da0fc0a4-9110-47bd-aa3c-56471c3e6344_192

BALTIMORE — While Jackson and his teammates practiced in the snow Tuesday ahead of their playoff game with the Tennessee Titans on Saturday, it didn't escape him or his teammates that it was a special day

I assumed teams practice in the jersey they will wear the upcoming weekend.    Ravens should have been in white.  I guess that is not a thing. 

8 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

I assumed teams practice in the jersey they will wear the upcoming weekend.    Ravens should have been in white.  I guess that is not a thing. 

That was last week..... but good point

....... and that ain’t snow LOL

Buffalo snow is a weeeee bit different. 😉

Edited by r00tabaga

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The Ravens have a reputation for very thorough practice preparation.  I'm sure they'll be ready.

They'll be renting a snow-making machine this week and shooting it on their field during practice.

Edited by CSBill

4 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Bills are the favorites..... but everyone I hear is leaning towards or picking Baltimore.

I’m thinking if the Bills had a better run D and running offense, they would be picked more often...hearing a lot people saying how one dimensional the Bills are...