Playoff Game Postgame Thread

8 minutes ago, WideNine said:

There was one clear angle that showed the player's knee lift off the ground before he was touched...

Not the one from directly behind the hand, the view from behind the Indy receiver. It was clear.

Even all the color commentators said the same thing - they got that one wrong.

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Wrong! One angle CLEARY showed Poyer’s hand touching the Colt player’s back AFTER the Colt player’s knee was off the ground. This will go down as a crap call in the annals of crap calls. And EVERYONE knows it. 

No the angle didn't clearly show it as there was no depth perception to tell.  You needed a camera mounted above to tell for certain.   You're interpreting is a fan and seeing what you want to see.  Even the announcers stated/asked the same thing, "Was Poyer's hand on his back before the knee came up"  They too didn't think so but could argue if it wasn't over turned.

Do I think you're right, yes, think his knee was up first, but understand why it wasn't over ruled.

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No the angle didn't clearly show it as there was no depth perception to tell.  You needed a camera mounted above to tell for certain.   You're interpreting is a fan and seeing what you want to see.  Even the announcers stated/asked the same thing, "Was Poyer's hand on his back before the knee came up"  They too didn't think so but could argue if it wasn't over turned.

Do I think you're right, yes, think his knee was up first, but understand why it wasn't over ruled.

Yes! The angle CLEARLY showed the Colts receiver’s knee off the ground BEFORE Poyer touched him. 

And everybody know it. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, vincec said:

Me too. I'm in a daze. lol.

Me too.  This is a true don’t care game.  Only game that matters is Cleveland vs Pittsburgh.  But I’ll watch.  

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I will do it. I will go to war for Sean McDermott 

1st 5 seconds dang....just love McDermott's

emotion.

Humble and Hungry, heck of a win boys!

Can't wait, hopeful to attend division round game....yes, I'll be loud never worry about that...in my 30s and will ball out in the stands for my team

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The missed face mask on Robert’s bothered me.

And to add insult to that injury, we got called for holding on the return!

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I kept saying.  Defense please just make a play!!! 

Same here. Verbatim. 

And they never did.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

And to add insult to that injury, we got called for holding on the return!

Same here. Verbatim. 

And they never did.

They did. Just didn’t get credit for it.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

I don’t want to hear NO slander on Josh Allen name on that fumble. He IS the offense.

If we had lost, no doubt that play would have been singled out by all the haters in the media as "reckless Josh" even though he carried the team with his play the whole game

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nope. A pass that is sails RIGHT THRU YOUR HANDS, and you get paid millions to catch them, has NOTHING to do with how fast the ball was thrown. What a horse crap excuse for a receiver. “Josh, your threw it too hard.” 

Get the F out of here with that crap.

Relax he could have taken some off some of his passes. Not going anywhere.

Allen would probably say the same thing.

A lot went wrong for us, a lot went right for an eleven win team with a HOF QB, and we won a playoff game and advanced one step closer to where we went to be.

But still a very frustrating game to watch in terms of design and execution.

1) No success with our pass rush. Rivers is good at getting it out quick, but has no mobility.

2) Too much pressure on Josh without the blitz, we lost the trenches both ways

3) We don't have a standard running game right now, but with short accurate passes, and Josh scrambling, we can win that way. But we can't stubbornly run, and we cannot have that level of designed QB runs. We hadn't done the latter since the bye, and it puts him at risk, but also doesn't really help. He will get his runs when his receivers are covered.

4) Defense is what it is, but there were too many big plays that should have been small plays. Need to clean that up to beat the elite teams behind our offense.

The pieces are there to do better and keep going, but we have to fix some things. After a short week we get either a normal week then a long week, or a long week then a normal week, so excited for another home playoff game next week.

• Like (+1) 1