Playoff Game Postgame Thread

3 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

That was actually correct. Since after replay the call stood of the tackle inbounds, the clock starts on the spot, although I believe there should have been a 10-second run off, but that was mitigated by the Bills timeout, but then the timeout was given back, so they were just making ***** up on the fly.

But he wasn’t tackled in bounds! He was going forward as he went out, so stoppage of forward progress didn’t come into play. More importantly, if he was ruled to be tackled in bounds, the clock should never have stopped in the first place. Yet it did stop, because he actually got out of bounds.

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

those were uncharacteristic for Diggs and Brown .  Beasley was clutch all game

Allen was throwing heaters out there...probable needs to take just a bit off some of those throws.

The kid does have a cannon that he has to consciously dial back.

Some tight windows demand it, but he was too amped on some of those throws.

Edited by WideNine

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Good job refs too.  Tried to give them a completion in the beginning to a ball that was clearly not even close to being caught.  Wiped out a clear fumble at the end.

Actually the one ref called it incomplete right away, the announcers tried to give them a completion.

Great win.  I was very nervous about this game so I stayed off the forum.  

The importance of the win is that it meets our goal of winning a playoff game.  A loss would have set the program back but not now, this team has progressed.  Not that we are satisfied, or we think they are done either.  They can play better and they are home again next week.  

I don’t care who we play next.  Worrying about that is not productive.    Think we saw that the Colts give us all we could handle and many of the posters here considered them our best match up.  All the games are hard.  

For the first time since the bye week we did not cruise to a victory.    Yes, we need to be better running and stopping the run.  I just think we grew as a team and we will crank it up another notch next week.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Allen was throwing heaters out there...probable needs to take just a bit off some of those throws.

The kid does have a cannon that he has to consciously dial back.

Some tight windows demand it, but he was too amped on some of those throws.

both that I am thinking of they just didnt squeeze the football  Went right through without touching their hands and both were tight window throws

2 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

anyone else feel like the offense held something back today? 

no motion, no sweeps, no trick plays. Seemed like a simple game plan 

They were definitely on their heels in terms of play calling.

To put things in perspective, Indy did win 11 games, they were far from a bad team.

When was the last time the last/lowest seeded team to qualify for the playoffs had 11 wins and that's even after adding a 7th team.

Do agree with Bill Cowlers post game comments, Bills need to:

Be able to run the ball

Stop the run

Rush the passer better

And I'll add defend the TE

But those are also the 4 things this team has struggled with all season.

• Like (+1) 1