Jordan Palmer on OBL says Allen has no ceiling and is most-gifted QB ever

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Agreed. 

A QB with JUST his drive, will, and intelligence would likely be successful in this league. 

A QB with all of that PLUS his elite physical gifts? The ceiling is sky high. Or, as Dion Dawkins says, there IS no ceiling!

Allen is a FrankenQB

He grew up on a farm, nobody works harder than a kid who grows up on a farm.  McBeane gave him a really high class set of tools, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, running back twins, Need a #1 tight end and we are the new Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

He grew up on a farm, nobody works harder than a kid who grows up on a farm.  McBeane gave him a really high class set of tools, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, McKenzie, running back twins, Need a #1 tight end and we are the new Pats.

If either Dawson Knox can step up (he's made some big plays the past few weeks) or they can nab a playmaking tight end in the draft....yikes.

I was also thinking I'd like to see a true weapon at the H-Back position. Gilliam is filled in capably, but has looked like Just A Guy. If they could actually get a playmaker at the position -- a Kyle Juszczyk type -- as an outlet and moving chess piece for Allen, that would be gravy. Heck, if they DO add a more traditional in-line tight end this offseason, Knox could slide into that "move tight end" role.

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

If either Dawson Knox can step up (he's made some big plays the past few weeks) or they can nab a playmaking tight end in the draft....yikes.

I was also thinking I'd like to see a true weapon at the H-Back position. Gilliam is filled in capably, but has looked like Just A Guy. If they could actually get a playmaker at the position -- a Kyle Juszczyk type -- as an outlet and moving chess piece for Allen, that would be gravy. Heck, if they DO add a more traditional in-line tight end this offseason, Knox could slide into that "move tight end" role.

We tried to sign Juszcyzk in 2017 but he chose SF and we signed DiMarco instead. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if we targeted him again. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/buffalo-bills-nfl-free-agency-2017/2017/3/8/14854070/buffalo-bills-baltimore-ravens-fb-kyle-juszczyk-2017-nfl-free-agency

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Good thoughts here.  But on closer exam, Lee Smith has made several key catches and is big enough to block any lineman.  If Knox can catch, we are good, if not, go for a Kelce type.

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

I think Darnold could STILL be good. He and Rosen had terrible situations and pure bad luck. Darnold doesn't have Allen or Jackson's physical gifts but I think under the right conditions he could be as good as Mayfield and be a decent starter for years to come. At worst, a very good back-up. 

I've watched every Jets game this season. Darnold is never going to be a starter in the NFL. 

I love Josh Allen.  The sky is the limit but really??? John Elway is the most physically gifted QB ever.  Mike Vick was pretty good.  Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes.  Don't get too crazy now.  Allen is great but the most gifted ever?  I think not.

8 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

I love Josh Allen.  The sky is the limit but really??? John Elway is the most physically gifted QB ever.  Mike Vick was pretty good.  Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes.  Don't get too crazy now.  Allen is great but the most gifted ever?  I think not.

He's taller and bigger than all of them.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Big Curt said:

Agree with this. I'd actually put Randall Cunningham above any of those guys (and Josh) in terms of physically gifted. 

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I've watched every Jets game this season. Darnold is never going to be a starter in the NFL. 

"Allen is never going to be a good QB"

"Never", huh? Haven't we learned anything? In all those Jets games, if they had only had another QB everything would have been a lot better? Or perhaps there were other variables?

If he's released, there are probably 10 teams that would snap up Darnold to compete for a starting job; and another 10 that would have him for #2.  

42 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

"Allen is never going to be a good QB"

"Never", huh? Haven't we learned anything? In all those Jets games, if they had only had another QB everything would have been a lot better? Or perhaps there were other variables?

If he's released, there are probably 10 teams that would snap up Darnold to compete for a starting job; and another 10 that would have him for #2.  

I did not say that about Allen. Where di you see me say that? You're very confused. 

Also, Flacco performed better with the same players. Joe Flacco. Yes, that Flacco. 

Let's make a bet. Sam Darnold becomes a top ten 15 QB next season, I'll never post again. He doesn't...you never post again. Put your money where your mouth is.. something you feel comfortable with not having watched him play?

I also think Randall Cunningham belongs near the top of the list along with Elway. Randall was an incredible athlete but in that era, Buddy Ryan wanted to use him as a running QB. Josh has a better developed arm talent but this is the era of passing offense. If you are too young to remember Cunningham, look up some video highlights of him. Hard to say who was most athletic but I don’t think anyone has been measurably more athletic than Josh considering arm talent, size and legs. 

2 hours ago, Big Curt said:

Nope. Elway played his whole career with a torn ACL. He injured it in high school and the doctor declared the knee “stable”. That’s the reason why Elway skipped all the combines; he didn’t want drop in the draft. 

7 hours ago, The Wiz said:

He also said that Darnold would get a drill right one time and then stop working on it and Allen would work on the same drill for 15-20 more snaps after he got it right.  I believe this was during an interview on Cowherd or Eisen last season that he said it.

Got a link to this? Would be interested to see the entire interview

I agree w/ him.  I said about a month ago that I wouldn't trade Allen for Mahomes, and I feel even more strongly about that today.

Certainly no knock on Mahomes - he's awesome. But Allen is the whole deal.  He has literally every skill and intangible you could want in a franchise QB.  

And he is 24.  It gives me a lot of hope that the Bills could be in for a long run.  This year doesn't feel like one of those one-off kinds of things, where we have to win now or miss our window. They can build around JA for years.

• Like (+1) 1