Jordan Palmer on OBL says Allen has no ceiling and is most-gifted QB ever

On 1/5/2021 at 10:50 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

this says a lot doesn't it?

he was really good.. that coaching staff RUINED him

But he never made same type of claims about Darnold or Mahomes or anyone else.. He has called Mahomes special... elite.. amazing.. gifted.. never most gifted ever to play the game

Note that he said most *physically* gifted, not most gifted

On 1/5/2021 at 3:47 PM, transient said:

As far as humble nature, I think he conducts himself well and says the right things in the media, and when he's talking about his coaches and teammates I think he means it, but he also strikes me as someone who's carrying a pretty big chip on his shoulder given everything he had to go through to get where he is. He's good natured about it, but he gives it back to the media when they ask him about everything that's been said about him prior to this season. I don't remember who it was or what he said verbatim, but earlier this season a reporter was asking him something about what was reported on him coming out of college and instead of answering the question he interjected with "What'd YOU write about me" with a cocky smirk.

He's done that several times.  Like when a reporter asked how it felt to have finally completed a long pass last year he turned it around "I don't know, did I complete one? " and when this year they asked if the deep ball throws had been fixed he said "how about if you tell me?"  I didn't see it as a cocky smirk, just as refusing to play along with the media narrative.  It's like "you guys made the narrative, you tell me how you think it's going, I'm not going to feed the narrative you guys created."

In that Palmer/Kyle Allen clip when they're telling the story about the sharks and the dugout canoe Palmer says "he's a sweetheart, but I wouldn't want to mess with him"  Kyle Allen says "or his brother.  Or his Dad.  I wouldn't want to mess with anyone in his family, actually"

On 1/5/2021 at 7:36 PM, Big Curt said:

I love Josh Allen.  The sky is the limit but really??? John Elway is the most physically gifted QB ever.  Mike Vick was pretty good.  Aaron Rogers, Patrick Mahomes.  Don't get too crazy now.  Allen is great but the most gifted ever?  I think not.

Yeah, Palmer has become an Allen Fanboy but who can blame him?  There are a lot of us about.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:49 PM, The Wiz said:

He also said that Darnold would get a drill right one time and then stop working on it and Allen would work on the same drill for 15-20 more snaps after he got it right.  I believe this was during an interview on Cowherd or Eisen last season that he said it.

And this is what I've surmised previously when discussing Darnold.  Good guy, really good QB skills, but doesn't have the internal drive to be great that Josh has in spades.  Makes all the difference at this level.