Report: SF to move on from Jimmy G

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Doubtful. First I think he’ll want a lot more money than they’re willing to offer, they have no weapons and I don’t think he enjoyed his time there much.

Also after seeing him in SF, would NE even want him?  Or would they try to find a better option at QB for the future?

Normally I wouldn’t be surprised to see him brought it as a stop-gap while they figure out the QB position, but his contract will make it harder 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

I wonder if he’s going to head back to NE. 

Seems like one of the most logical spots. They’d give him a good chance to start.

Just now, JohnNord said:

Also after seeing him in SF, would NE even want him?  Or would they try to find a better option at QB for the future?

Normally I wouldn’t be surprised to see him brought it as a stop-gap while they figure out the QB position, but his contract will make it harder 

His contract will be over when he’s cut by SF. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe, but where? NE would be fine with me, I’d rather they do that than fo out and get someone really good 

Career 98.9 passer rating. 67.5% completion percentage. 51 TD's to 26 INT's. 24 wins, only 8 losses as a starter. 6 games with 3 or more passing TD's. Multiple 300 yard games and a couple 400 yard games.

The 49ers are a different team when he plays. I think he is a good QB. And I'm unsure of why people don't think that.

Is he elite? Probably not. But I think the 49ers are foolish to let him go without someone better to replace him.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenReceipts said:

Jimmy G is a really good QB

Kyle Shanahan as a HC really struggles to win football games when he doesn't have Jimmy G at QB.

Just look at Shanahan's W-L record with vs. without Jimmy.

Really good is a stretch.  He’s a decent QB that can manage a good game.   Shanahan wouldn’t let loose a really good QB.  

He thinks he can find a better option.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Really good is a stretch.  He’s a decent QB that can manage a good game.   Shanahan wouldn’t let loose a really good QB.  

He thinks he can find a better option.

Time will tell if he is right or wrong. Good QB's can be VERY difficult to find. Jimmy G is good. He isn't elite. He's in the Tannehill category.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Career 98.9 passer rating. 67.5% completion percentage. 51 TD's to 26 INT's. 24 wins, only 8 losses as a starter. 6 games with 3 or more passing TD's. Multiple 300 yard games and a couple 400 yard games.

The 49ers are a different team when he plays. I think he is a good QB. And I'm unsure of why people don't think that.

Is he elite? Probably not. But I think the 49ers are foolish to let him go without someone better to replace him.

I agree with all this so I gotta believe Shanahan has a good idea where they want to go at QB next year. Whether or not they land who he’s targeting is another story.

31 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

though bb allegedly wanting him over Brady could make it an interesting situation. 

29 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

This would’ve been my reply. 

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

He can’t be asking for more than 18-20 with that injury history 

I doubt they’ll still want to pay that.

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I agree with all this so I gotta believe Shanahan has a good idea where they want to go at QB next year. Whether or not they land who he’s targeting is another story.

Maybe Shanahan isn't as smart as everyone thinks. Maybe he drank too much of his own kool-aid.

To me it's pretty clear. They win a boat load more games with Jimmy G than they do when he is out. But maybe availability is the issue.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

They’re saying to Colts with Frank Reich. Was his QB coach/coordinator during MVP talk season 

Rumors out of Indy say there’s zero interest there in Wentz. Could be all smoke but that’s what I’ve heard.

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Maybe Shanahan isn't as smart as everyone thinks. Maybe he drank too much of his own kool-aid.

To me it's pretty clear. They win a boat load more games with Jimmy G than they do when he is out. But maybe availability is the issue.

I think he’s a good offensive coach but the hype is a bit overblown.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Doubtful. First I think he’ll want a lot more money than they’re willing to offer, they have no weapons and I don’t think he enjoyed his time there much.

Brady is gone so he'd probably like the QB room a lot more. NE has the $$ to bring in talent to put around him. I think this is quite a likely outcome.