Yeah, Mayfield up in Madden to an (now 84) while that piece of **** Allen (now an 85) because you know...Madden

4 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

MUT is the problem. Franchise mode from 05-08 was insanely good. It all started to fall apart when they transitioned to the ps3/xbox 360 neg gens, but Madden 25 put it back on track and if they had built on that foundation you could have a potentially great game, but definitely would be good.

MUT debuted that year in Madden, I believe, they saw a cash cow and franchise mode hasn't been updated since then from what I understand, and some stuff was removed even. That on top of being forced to switch to an engine that is for first person shooters, the technical stuff is super inefficient.

Instead of focusing on a tear down rebuild with a focus on delivering a proper simulation football game, they are focusing on MUT with its gambling card packs.

I personally loved MUT (not as much as FUT, but still) and it was really fun doing challenges and completing sets... then they made it so you had to buy packs just to have any chance at completing most sets, so it wasn't fun anymore... at least in FUT you're not limited by a special card type to complete every set like in MUT. The system now is horrible and the courts are just now hammering them on the microtransactions front, so they may be FORCED into the changes that we want.

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The crazy thing Ridge is we used to have one of those things when I was little.  I still remember in middle school walking down in Blasdell to the arcade by Hills.  I’d save up all my quarters and thought it was awesome to play asteroids, etc.

You couldn't walk into an arcade back then and not hear either the centipede noise, Pac-Man waka wakas, Berzerk's "INSERT COIN", Q-Bert's "WHOOOA SPLAT" or the pew pew of Galaga shots.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I personally loved MUT (not as much as FUT, but still) and it was really fun doing challenges and completing sets... then they made it so you had to buy packs just to have any chance at completing most sets, so it wasn't fun anymore... at least in FUT you're not limited by a special card type to complete every set like in MUT. The system now is horrible and the courts are just now hammering them on the microtransactions front, so they may be FORCED into the changes that we want.

You couldn't walk into an arcade back then and not hear either the centipede noise, Pac-Man waka wakas, Berzerk's "INSERT COIN", Q-Bert's "WHOOOA SPLAT" or the pew pew of Galaga shots.

Its a very dumb Adam Sandler movie, amd I mean dumb, but just because of fond memories, I liked his video game movie.  Pixels I think.  I absolutely was a Galaga guy as well as Donkey Kong.  I don’t know why, but I hated PAC Man.

Fond memories brother, and until the end of next week, Merry Christmas my Bills friend.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Its a very dumb Adam Sandler movie, amd I mean dumb, but just because of fond memories, I liked his video game movie.  Pixels I think.  I absolutely was a Galaga guy as well as Donkey Kong.  I don’t know why, but I hated PAC Man.

Fond memories brother, and until the end of next week, Merry Christmas my Bills friend.

Guns, I really liked that movie, as well. 

BTW, even when he is given crap parts Peter Dinklage still turns it into something better.  

18 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I'm a MUT player primarily, and I stopped caring after they tried to pass off Madden 20 as a legit game... I found it to be cartoonish and a microtransactions hog as well.

I didn't bother buying Madden 21. Until they stop giving EA exclusivity, they will continue to ruin the franchise. WE NEED 2K NOW...

EOH, a I can’t.  I just can’t do it.  I am too old and don’t have the patience to put the effort into doing MUT.  And it is like the vcr clock blinking 12.  It is too much for me to wrap around my head.

I know they say you can do it in Franchise, but even that is annoying.  I am talking about just turning it 9n and playing a simply straight forward season. None of the bs, unless you love the bs, but I don’t.  

On 12/25/2020 at 11:23 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/player-ratings

Go:

Filters

Position

check quarterback

Scroll down and hit done

then hit apply

My goodness they are so quite simply the worst at EA Tiburon.

Allen 10th rated QB.  AFC Pro Bowler.

Edit: tied for 10th.

You think Allen is a piece of *****?

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You think Allen is a piece of *****?

No.  I am the guy who started the original “Allen is getting f’d by Madden” thread a couple of months ago.

That is how THEY seemingly view him, through 16 weeks, a pro bowl season, a near mvp season, 4 time player of the week, one time player of the month and yet they have him as the 10th rated QB in the league...tied for 10th.

Edit:  I also really don’t ever say “yeah” to Baker too much.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to Yeah, Mayfield up in Madden to an (now 84) while that piece of **** Allen (now an 85) because you know...Madden
On 12/26/2020 at 2:44 PM, machine gun kelly said:

you are right that movie is terrible. but god *****, i've probably seen it 7 times in 3 years lol

29 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allen with the big bump to an 87!!!

now 9th highest rated QB

Diggs also a 96

Might as well change the title to Allen on Madden or something 🤷🏻

Still too low. And still won’t play the game.

On 12/27/2020 at 8:19 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

No.  I am the guy who started the original “Allen is getting f’d by Madden” thread a couple of months ago.

That is how THEY seemingly view him, through 16 weeks, a pro bowl season, a near mvp season, 4 time player of the week, one time player of the month and yet they have him as the 10th rated QB in the league...tied for 10th.

Edit:  I also really don’t ever say “yeah” to Baker too much.  

For most of this season the Josh Allen TOTW card has been the best QB in MUT and tons of the "pro" players are using him.

Even last year in the Madden Bowl he was used...

He should be over 90 in regular paly though. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Motorin' said:

For most of this season the Josh Allen TOTW card has been the best QB in MUT and tons of the "pro" players are using him.

He'll probably get nerfed next year because he isn't running all the time this year because you know he doesn't have to.

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Motorin’, is it ever!  I’ve watched YouTube videos of Madden players losing their s*** over how good that MUT card is.  Even though there were higher rated MUT QBs cards the claim was Allen’s was the best in the game,

btw, you and me both...he doesn’t not have to be at the top or even in the top three...but man, he should be no lower than 90.  After 16 weeks of this...NO LOWER.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Motorin’, is it ever!  I’ve watched YouTube videos of Madden players losing their s*** over how good that MUT card is.  Even though there were higher rated MUT QBs cards the claim was Allen’s was the best in the game,

btw, you and me both...he doesn’t not have to be at the top or even in the top three...but man, he should be no lower than 90.  After 16 weeks of this...NO LOWER.

He's gone up 10pts started the year a 77.

and here is a random Madden Plug.

I don't actually like what the game is now though.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

OK, Warcodered, they brought him up 2 today?  Good, thank you.

I checked in the late morning and he was still an 85.

However, I stand by the 90, regardless of where he started (I knew he started at 77...believe me. 😂).  Who he IS should not be based upon where he WAS.  

After Allen’s incredible first month he went up I think 3 points, while a WR (I forget who) went up 5.  Additionally there are examples which escape me right now, of players in Madden in years past making even more dramatic improvements.

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I learned basic X's and O's from playing Madden.  I knew the terminology of play designs, more specifically on the defense because of the film view of the game.  I never saw how it actually worked because I only saw the game in broadcast view.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

thank you, and WC, I see from your link he is an 87, but I also lie to you not.  I went there after your post, did a check and he was still in 85.  The fault may have been in the way I checked.  I did the the rankings of just QBs and the list at the EA Madden site still had him at 85.  Don’t know why that was the case, but I would not have posted if it wasn’t.