Leader of New York may allow fans if Bills make playoffs!

BidsJr

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just stay safe as some things are bigger than football.  Look at the bright side.  It will just make next year home postseason games all the more memorable.  

The teams that are allowing fans are doing so in a safe fashion and wouldn’t still be doing it if their contact tracing showed otherwise.  

• Like (+1) 1

This has to be another IQ test, let’s get some popcorn 🍿 and watch to see who fails the test... 

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Very misleading title as that is not what he says at all in his quotes.

“If we’re in the playoffs, if the infection rate is under control and the capacity rate is under control and we come up with a smart, science-based way to do it, I would be all in favor,” Cuomo said at a press conference Friday.

“I would love nothing more on a personal level than to see Buffalonians enjoy this moment,” Cuomo said of the Bills making a postseason run. “They’re playing great. It is exciting and God bless, Buffalo deserves it.”

• Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

“If we’re in the playoffs, if the infection rate is under control and the capacity rate is under control and we come up with a smart, science-based way to do it, I would be all in favor,” Cuomo said at a press conference Friday.

“I would love nothing more on a personal level than to see Buffalonians enjoy this moment,” Cuomo said of the Bills making a postseason run. “They’re playing great. It is exciting and God bless, Buffalo deserves it.”

The title has been changed 3 times already. It was a real doozy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

At the time I posted it, the title did not reflect that. It was changed, and it does reflect that now.

• Like (+1) 1

Have infection rates gone up in other states because fans were allowed to attend games?

Also, there were a lot if Cadets in the stands in West Point, NY, for the Army/Navy game. (Sorry Hapless) Why is that any different than Orchard Park, NY ?

Edited by Beast

I think they should allow a single fan at every game.  Just one dude.  Can’t get anyone sick if it’s one dude.  Could be amazing - have a leaguewide weekly competition for the best fan.  The cameras could show him freaking out by himself in an empty stadium.  I don’t get why this idea hasn’t caught on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I think they should allow a single fan at every game.  Just one dude.  Can’t get anyone sick if it’s one dude.  Could be amazing - have a leaguewide weekly competition for the best fan.  The cameras could show him freaking out by himself in an empty stadium.  I don’t get why this idea hasn’t caught on.

Care emoji, 100 emoji, clapping emoji.

55 minutes ago, Beast said:

Have infection rates gone up in other states because fans were allowed to attend games?

We really can't discuss

-other states infection rates

-whether other states have effective contact tracing

-whether other states have ineffective contact tracing

Sorry.  See @SDS pinned post.

Also, there were a lot if Cadets in the stands in West Point, NY, for the Army/Navy game. (Sorry Hapless) Why is that any different than Orchard Park, NY ?

West Point is a military post, and as such I believe is under the command and control of the United States Army, not the State of New York.  At least that's my understanding of how military posts work, they are not subject to the same governance as the surrounding area, don't pay state and local taxes, don't pay property taxes etc.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We really can't discuss other states infection rates, whether other states have effective contact tracing or are just overwhelmed.  Sorry.

West Point is a military post, and as such I believe is under the command and control of the United States Army, not the State of New York.  At least that's my understanding of how military posts work, they are not subject to the same governance as the surrounding area, don't pay state and local taxes, don't pay property taxes etc.

Right....but it is still in NYS. I mean, Covid 19 doesn't care if it's a military post or downtown Manhattan. I guess some things don't make sense to me. I will drop it though as I have a hard time saying the right things when it comes to this subject.

Edited by Beast

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I found it curiously disturbing that Sunday night football in Erie County we of course had zero fans in the stands when just 24 hours later and a three hour drive along the lakeshore we saw plenty of fans in Cleveland for Monday night football. 

I've said this in other threads and I'll say it here.

If you want to see fans in the stands in WNY, in addition to ensuring you and yours do the stuff public health folks advise us all to do, CONTACT YOUR ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES at all levels and make your voice heard to them.

Doesn't do a bit of good to vent and whinge on a message board.