Longest Throw ever recorded belongs to.....

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm fine with burning a down on Saturday to have Allen throw it from our own 20 through Denver's end zone just to prove a point.

No.  Just no.  The Bills are in good shape to get to the SB, and even win it, and taking a chance on pulling a muscle for a silly contest like that is just not worth it.

5 minutes ago, Utah John said:

No.  Just no.  The Bills are in good shape to get to the SB, and even win it, and taking a chance on pulling a muscle for a silly contest like that is just not worth it.

If Josh throws it 80+ yards on national TV, he wont be the one "pulling a muscle". IF YA KNOW WHAT I MEAN

• Haha (+1) 1

Really makes you wonder if the Chiefs and Bills could scheme up a Hail Mary from their own ~30. Protection would be the main issue, but if you send 3 guys and everyone else stays home to block it would be fun to see an 80 yard bomb to the end zone. 

1 minute ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Longest throw to most would be the longest throw.

Which shows up nowhere on the stat sheet which makes it worthy mention by PFF because????

Do they have a longest touchback?  Longest fair catch?  Longest route ever ran by a WR even though he didn't get thrown the ball?

This talk about throwing at the uprights has me wondering something... are the uprights considered out of bounds, so once the football hits them, it can't be caught and be a live ball? Or can it? 

What I'm picturing is someone hucking the ball so hard they hit the crossbar, it bounces back and is caught by the offense. Is that legal, or did it hit something out of bounds, that effectively ended the play?

12 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Two things-

1) can’t believe pff is disrespecting josh like this again

2) that might have been the softest pass rush ever charted

3) the first is obviously a joke, just like having three points is 

He literally had nobody rushing him....the entire D Line dropped into coverage.  He went back like 5 or 6 yards and then had a running start to throw the ball....there might never be another attempt again under such prime conditions.

1 minute ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

This talk about throwing at the uprights has me wondering something... are the uprights considered out of bounds, so once the football hits them, it can't be caught and be a live ball? Or can it? 

What I'm picturing is someone hucking the ball so hard they hit the crossbar, it bounces back and is caught by the offense. Is that legal, or did it hit something out of bounds, that effectively ended the play?

Ummm....no. 

2 minutes ago, BuffalothruMyVeins said:

Goal posts are out of bounds.  Ball hits them it's a dead ball.  Same thing on FG/PATs.  Ball hits it, that's the end of the play.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Not anymore.  Just took a fat dump.  Feel great.  

So you would agree with me, then, that a "throw" doesn't necessarily have to be a completion.

Please amend your post with the following "Edit: I'm sorry @BBF. You are correct again. Please leave your title alone and accept this donation of $50 via Venmo for your efforts"

3 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

So you would agree with me, then, that a "throw" doesn't necessarily have to be a completion.

Please amend your post with the following "Edit: I'm sorry @BBF. You are correct again. Please leave your title alone and accept this donation of $50 via Venmo for your efforts"

It also doesn’t have to be in an NFL game. I’ve several other passes that were longer 

Edited by NewEra
I have uno nickelette for you if you come to my house

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It also doesn’t have to be in an NFL game. I’ve several other passes that were longer 

Seeing as how this is an NFL message board, one would have to assume we are not talking about Australian rules football.

No confirmation of wired funds...yet.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Which shows up nowhere on the stat sheet which makes it worthy mention by PFF because????

Do they have a longest touchback?  Longest fair catch?  Longest route ever ran by a WR even though he didn't get thrown the ball?

What are you so agitated about? 
Baker has the longest throw ever recorded. That’s the topic. If you want those other questions to be answered, go and look for yourself.

Edited by Jay_Fixit

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

PFF needs to stop being a thing.  When did they start ‘recording’ passes?  He threw the ball from the 40 yard line.  Passes weren’t ‘recorded’ before PFF?  I can guarantee you a 70 yard pass is not the longest pass in NFL history.  

nor did they claim it was. 

though I’d guess the longest passes of the last 10 years probably make up a good portion of the all time list

Hahaha, Allen flicks his wrist and the ball goes 50 yards. I could see him with a full windup and the ball going 100 yards or close to it.

Can you imagine the ball at their own 25 after a kickoff and the Bills need a hail mary to win. Allen no doubt could get it to the endzone. What a weapon to have