Week 15 TNF: Chargers at Raiders 8:20 on Fox

4 hours ago, QCity said:

What are you even talking about? Carr is having a pretty good season for only having a TE to throw to. He isn't going anywhere and he isn't the problem. 

You don’t think there’s going to be a lot of QB talk in Las Vegas this week? I’m betting there’ll be some for sure! I’ll be interested to see if Carr can go next week. That injury looked like something that’ll keep him sidelined. Now, they’ll see if Mariato was playing on what they call ‘muscle memory’ or if he’s ready for prime time again. If it’s the latter it’ll be interesting to see what happens then. There’ll be a few teams around the league that show MAJOR interest in both of them. It’ll be fun to see how it goes.

Considering that team's best WR is Nelson Agholor and the numbers Carr has put up this year I'm fairly confident he isn't the problem.

Going to the big people package when they got to the 5 instead of keeping with the RPOs Mariotta was having success with just boggles my mind.  

Then you roll out on 3rd down after 2 runs up the middle for nothing, taking away half the field.....the whole defense knows your throwing despite still having the goal line package in and its designed to hit the TE they have blanketed in the middle of the end zone or the FULLBACK in a high low read.  

That's what I'd be talking about all week.  Gruden.  

Him and Mayock get one more year to figure it out.  But that defense is still the primary problem.

4 hours ago, QCity said:

What are you even talking about? Carr is having a pretty good season for only having a TE to throw to. He isn't going anywhere and he isn't the problem. 

I've always liked Carr. But that said, he is the Kirk Cousins of the AFC. Neither is good enough for the ultimate goal of winning a super bowl. It goes beyond stats with these guys. The disaster blow-out loss in Atlanta a few weeks ago just can't happen. Both Carr and Cousins seem to have losses (plural) like that one every year. 

• Like (+1) 2

Raiders drafting Ruggs as the first WR off the board was idiotic. They treated it like a luxury pick, as if Ruggs was the last piece to put their offense into elite territory. CeeDee Lamb was the obvious choice if they wanted a WR.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Didnt notice this during the broadcast. Guess they cant afford updates?

The city of Oakland unveiled a statue of Al Davis.  Mark will be tripping over himself to break the lease with Las Vegas, and return 'home' to Oakland.  The only other team that wandered as much was the twelve tribes of Israel.  😁

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, 947 said:

Raiders drafting Ruggs as the first WR off the board was idiotic. They treated it like a luxury pick, as if Ruggs was the last piece to put their offense into elite territory. CeeDee Lamb was the obvious choice if they wanted a WR.

Whats with grudens strange obsession with bills offensive players?  Shouldn't you want the defensive ones from the last 5 years? 

Incognito? Sure... but Peterman, O'leary, jones?  Why?

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

As much as Lynn has shown himself to be incompetent over and over, I think they win a few near the end of the season and end up stuck with him for another year. 

That's good news for the rest of the AFC!

Everyone was criticizing him for icing his kicker - and its like.. you have to do that.  And its not his fault herbert took a terrible sack there. 

1 hour ago, 947 said:

What did I miss?  Is Ruggs a bust now?  He's looked pretty damn good in the games I've seen him play...

Thinking back about the coverage on Herbert, I get more irritated. Herbert could have won the game but he took a ridiculous sack to put his kicker far enough away to miss in regulation. He should have lost when he fumbled the first sneak on the one yard line. His passes in the 4th Q and OT were off, just that the last one was 8 yards open. He got called out on none of it. Just the opposite, he was excused for it or it wasn't even mentioned. And more than that, he's Elway and Marino now. He's farther along mechanics-wise than Josh at the same stage of his career but I don't see the clutch gene there where he plays better at the big moments.

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Thinking back about the coverage on Herbert, I get more irritated. Herbert could have won the game but he took a ridiculous sack to put his kicker far enough away to miss in regulation. He should have lost when he fumbled the first sneak on the one yard line. His passes in the 4th Q and OT were off, just that the last one was 8 yards open. He got called out on none of it. Just the opposite, he was excused for it or it wasn't even mentioned. And more than that, he's Elway and Marino now. He's farther along mechanics-wise than Josh at the same stage of his career but I don't see the clutch gene there where he plays better at the big moments.

That sack he took was more on the play call than Herbert. Before he even turned around from the play-action, he had a defender grabbing onto him. If they'd called a standard pass, he at least gets the ball out.

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

Herbert has a ton of talent and a lot of great intangibles, but even at Oregon, he had a tendency to make inexplicably bad plays at key points in games.  It was my one concern about him as a prospect...