Pegulas openly championing Leslie Frazier for HC openings

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Fraizer IMO would be the easiest one to replace with the like of 

John Butler

Eric Washington or 

Babich (both) in house that can Run McDs Defense

And gets us a pick.

Daboll I am less happy about.  I am not sure is Ken Dorsey Ready to run this offense (there are less in house Candidates to install and run an offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't think either of our coordinator's get taken this year.  Too many other options: Bineiemy, Butler (Steelers, DC)--who seems to get no love from the national media for a HC position, despite having a great D;  Saleh; Roman; McDaniels; Stefanski; Toub; just to name a few.  

Roman to the jets is interesting to me.  He's built some pretty good offenses that are very QB friendly, and i think Lawrence would thrive in that type of situation.  The question is if they can put together a group of 5 linemen to get the run game moving in the right direction, as well as find a running back who can help there - maybe a carson or some combination including ingram after he's cut. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

John Butler

Eric Washington or 

And gets us a pick.

Daboll I am less happy about.  I am not sure is Ken Dorsey Ready to run this offense (there are less in house Candidates to install and run an offense.

I think they'd probably give Mike Shula a look.  Makes a lot of sense to me - carolina connection with beane/mcd, worked with strong armed cam newton before, has worked with a lot of different QBs in his career.  

Edited by dneveu

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I don't think either of our coordinator's get taken this year.  Too many other options: Bineiemy, Butler (Steelers, DC)--who seems to get no love from the national media for a HC position, despite having a great D;  Saleh; Roman; McDaniels; Stefanski; Toub; just to name a few.  

Daboll is as good as gone.. anything other than that is wishful thinking..

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

John Butler

Eric Washington or 

And gets us a pick.

What has Eric Washington done with our DL?

57 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Yeah, Daboll to Chargers is scary

Kind of depends on whether the GM sticks around, and on family considerations, I would think.  But it's a plumb job.  Philly might make sense for him if the Eagles want to "fix" Wentz.  Otherwise . . . Dallas, maybe?  Detroit, if they run it back with Stafford? 

Just now, Victory Formation said:

That's what everyone said about greg roman last year.  Same with Eric Bienemy.  

Then McCarthy got a job... Rivera got a job... Stefanski was coordinator for 1 year and was hired.  They pulled Rhule out of college like kingsbury the year before.  Is this the year for a meyer or riley? Who knows?

Just now, Victory Formation said:

It's possible he doesn't want to go.  If it's about money, the Pegulas can fix that.  If it's really about wanting the job then yeah he will probably get a shot somewhere.  If he really just wants to live in his hometown, run a good offense with a good QB, and make a boatload of money in a situation he knows with a GM and HC he knows he can do that too.  If he takes the job in LA he's got 2 years to turn it around. Maximum.  Plus you are putting yourself in a division with Mahomes and Gruden. It's not going to be easy.  The Jets job is a tire fire and if he takes that he deserves what he gets.  There will be more but like I said, it depends on what he wants to do.  OCs get to coach.  HCs are like CEOs and delegate quite a bit.  What does he really want?

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

What has Eric Washington done with our DL?

In house and can call McDs Defense.

Also I would argue the DL has been getting better every week - almost like a bunch of new guys on it with a short to no offseason.  When was the last game they gave 100 yard rusher?

51 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I totally agree with the fact he is getting a lot of love, but like Bienemay last year, I think teams will want to see another year of top level offensive production from his unit.  

I think Daboll is gone this year.  Daboll is the Bills offensive mind.  Allen has improved each year with Daboll.  Bienemy has Reid as HC and Mahomes who was crazy good right away.  Hard to see exactly Bienemys contribution to the team.  Easier to see with Daboll.

Seeing all this praise & fan worry about Daboll leaving is great. Especially when it wasn't too long ago where tons of Bills fans & posters were constantly saying how much Daboll sucked & how his game plans & play calls were terrible & that he was in over his head.

Winning changes everything, as does having talent to open up the playbook & having a qb to execute it. Personally i think Daboll stays, at least for the short term & until we win the Superbowl.

Frasier, as others have said, we could live without

I don't think Frazier will get many looks as a Head Coach. Mainly because I think McD gets more "credit" for the defense. However Daboll is getting "credit" for Josh, which means another organization interesting in drafting a young QB would look to get him in to help build and develop. But then again you never know how these owners handle things, The Chiefs OC has been a HC candidate for two years and he hasn't gotten a job.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

John Butler

Eric Washington or 

And gets us a pick.

Yep replacing the DC has to be much easier for us just have to have/find someone that'll do what McDermott tells them to. Which is also why it's less likely Frazier gets picked up. Also have to wonder if he'll want to take a shot in a bad situation because I'm not as a confident he'd get one of the better ones.

This is such a great sign for a healthy and confident organization.

If I am a coach with Head Coach aspirations, seeing that ownership and the rest of leadership is going to encourage and support my growth, even if it leads me away from the team has to make the the culture attractive.

If you compare that to teams that in the past have blocked coaches from even interviewing for other positions, I know which organization I would rather be a part of for sure.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd be surprised of Leslie gets another shot. 61 year old, defensive minded, low key personality, below .500 retreads are not generally popular hires. 

And I am a big Frazier fan. Just don't see him as an attractive HC candidate. Indianapolis when McDaniels pulled out and it was he or Reich was his last shot IMO.

I could see a team hiring a guy like Frazier. He went 10-6 with Christian Ponder as his QB and is a calming presences. A team looking for a reset and establishing a good culture could be interested in him

I could Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit

Marvin Lewis is gonna get some interviews too for the same reason

And does anyone really know if Daboll wants to be a HC?

He is at his Home, He is running a high powered offense, has a young maturing QB.  Do we really know if he wants to leave all that?

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I could see a team hiring a guy like Frazier. He went 10-6 with Christian Ponder as his QB and is a calming presences. A team looking for a reset and establishing a good culture could be interested in him

I could Jacksonville, Atlanta, Detroit

Marvin Lewis is gonna get some interviews too for the same reason

Frazier would be GREAT in LA with Chargers, get a legit OC and boom as you said his calming presence will do wonders.  Another would be the Jets (I think he would stay away from there though with the issues they have and that media)

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

that's interesting.  If Reid is calling the plays, then I don't get the Bienemay love.  What exactly is he doing?   I'm not overly worried about Daboll leaving if it happens, Dorsey can take his place and good teams lose coordinators often.  

The media loves Bienemay, not sure how highly thought of he is in the league.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBobs said:

This is such a great sign for a healthy and confident organization.

If I am a coach with Head Coach aspirations, seeing that ownership and the rest of leadership is going to encourage and support my growth, even if it leads me away from the team has to make the the culture attractive.

If you compare that to teams that in the past have blocked coaches from even interviewing for other positions, I know which organization I would rather be a part of for sure.

No organization can do that for the HC position.

Have a question about the minority compensation thing that they put in place.  Where does that "extra" draft pick come from, the compensatory pool?  If it comes from the gaining team would that NOT stifle minority hires?

Edited by MAJBobby