Bills depth chart: Norman ahead of Wallace. Discuss.

Just wandered by buffalobills.com and had a glance at the depth chart.

Noticed that Josh Norman is listed ahead of Levi Wallace.  Don't know when this switch-up occurred or if it was always that way save when on IR.

Wallace played 98% of the snaps last week.

Norman played 2 snaps - on Special Teams.

Should Norman get the playing time ahead of Wallace?

On the one hand: "Dance with the ones that Brought Ya".

On the other hand: We do see Levi Wallace getting picked on every week. 

On the third hand: Our defensive scheme, as Collinsworth noted, depends upon everyone knowing their job and not making mistakes.

Do you trust Josh Norman to know his job and not make mistakes?  Can he actually keep up with WR and tackle?

Discuss.

5 minutes ago, KCNC said:

Would take my chances with Wallace.  Derrick Henry agrees...

That's essentially where I am. 

Wallace can be trusted to play his 1/11.  He may get beat and allow receptions, but he won't get meme'd.

Just now, matter2003 said:

I'd rather see Dane Jackson...he flashes out there...maybe he is still making too mamy mistakes that we are not privy too but I think he has made plays while he is out there at least.

He did go out injured in the last game he played (Arizona).  Since he's a practice squad player, the Bills aren't obliged to make an injury report - and they don't.

He has been seen at practice, but we have no idea whether he's 100% or not.

I agree that he's very promising, but it appears Sean McDermott is not yet willing to give up on the "Josh Norman Experiment".

2 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Wallace faster than Norman. Was a finger tip away from making plays. He's gonna have a big night tonite. Always does after he is roasted on Social Media*. Pride is the great motivator.

I agree. I really like wallace. He seems to always be in good position and plays the ball well. He obviously is just a step slow— consistently. But that is better than Norman, who seems washed up and, in very few opportunities, has gotten just totally burned.  Let’s hope Wallace can bounce back or up his play. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

My eyes tell me that Wallace >> Norman.  Looks like Norman should transition to safety after this season.

Norman won't be with the Bills next year...at least not at that $6M.

One of the Bills Podcast had the Bills mismanage the cap this year by keeping the following on the roster:

* Trent Murphy -   $8M towards the Cap

* Tyler Kroft    -    $4.5 towards the Cap

* Norman   -    6M towards the cap

If we had cut these three people. we would have been able to add that 20M to next years cap that will help you sign Milano, Williams, Feliciano.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Does Pitt run three WR sets majority? I assume they run three WR with Ju Ju, Diante and Chase? 

https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/personnel-grouping-frequency.html

Correct.

Pittsburgh runs majority 3 WR (1-1) set, 65%

2 WR, 2 TE (1-2) second most often, 16%

After that even split between 2-2 (1 WR), 7% and 0-1 (4 WR) 8%

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

I trust their decision over any one of your opinions. That’s all I have to say about that

Yeah......those of us that were calling for Murphy to be cut before the season to save a ton of cap space were completely wrong.......  They definitely did the right thing by keeping him so they could make him inactive and chew up that much needed space for next year,  Yeah......we never know better than they do......

Look.  They have more information to go in than we do, but let's not pretend that we don't know what we're watching on the field.  I'm not positive that we have a better option right now at 2nd CB, but this team is in desperate need of a CB that can really play across the field from White.  If Wallace starts tonight, so be it.  But, if he continues to struggle again, I want them to try Norman or Jackson.  I'd have no problem throwing Jackson out there.  He's done nothing but impress in the limited snaps he's had out there.  We need to find someone that can hold up instead of getting picked on every time a ball is thrown.  I mean, whoever plays across from White will see a lot of targets, but we need better than what Wallace has been giving us most of the year,

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Does Pitt run three WR sets majority? I assume they run three WR with Ju Ju, Diante and Chase? 

Yes as well as involving Ebron a lot, especially as of late (11 targets in each of the last two games).  I think against us Ebron and Dionte Johnson could be the most dangerous.  

• Like (+1) 1