Week 13 Bills @ 49ers in Phoenix PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

The AFC playoff race is looking absolutely brutal this year.  

Buffalo may have an 8-3 record at the moment, but they cannot afford a slip-up to close out this season.

There is a chance that someone ends 10-6 and doesn't make the postseason.

5 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Man I want the Bills to CRUSH the 49ers. I was at that 2012 game at Candlestick and I still have a bad taste in my mouth. McKelvin returned the opening kick for a TD that got called back, then they got destroyed the rest of the way. The 49ers fans were terrible imbeciles who knew nothing of the game, just that the 9ers were historically good so their entitlement shone through. I did a lot of poop talk in’ leaving the stadium to the car. Memories!! Go Bills!!!

I was at that game as well.  Painful, but fun, considering I was with my dad (who has since passed) and a couple of old friends and their young kids (one has 4 boys and brought all 4).  We had a great time catching up, but the game itself was brutal to watch.  

I was also at the SF game by myself the day of the South East Asian tsunami, having flown up from my in-laws in Santa Barbara as a Christmas gift—we won that one, but I went the whole day up and back without hearing about the devastation of the tsunami until I was back to their house in SB. Very weird day....

• Like (+1) 1

I've got an ill feeling about this game. Bills can't stop the run and I'm afraid McD and Frazier won't commit 8 or 9 guys to stop the run. Bills should play their corners on an island and commit in the early down to stopping the run. Edmunds has to have a good game. The middle of their olin is weak. Oliver needs to step up.

I worry about the Bills being pushed around. 

Best chance for a win is an early turnover and get up by a couple of scores.  Force Shanahan to throw more than he wants.

If Bills man up I agree with others, they can force some turnovers and maybe that elusive defensive score.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like too many things need to line up for the Niners to win.

Even if they get the rush yards, they will need to turnover the Bills with at least + 2-3 . They will also need to shut down our offense. 

Bad weather could have favored SF, but now we are in a dome.

The Bills have more talent, and despite our gripes, are more consistant.  The kicker is our defense, which I think, ranking aside, is more talented than what the niners are feilding. So, in a nut shell I think we are better in all 3 phases. Niners are 25th in kick coverage as well. 

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've got an ill feeling about this game. Bills can't stop the run and I'm afraid McD and Frazier won't commit 8 or 9 guys to stop the run. Bills should play their corners on an island and commit in the early down to stopping the run. Edmunds has to have a good game. The middle of their olin is weak. Oliver needs to step up.

I worry about the Bills being pushed around. 

Best chance for a win is an early turnover and get up by a couple of scores.  Force Shanahan to throw more than he wants.

If Bills man up I agree with others, they can force some turnovers and maybe that elusive defensive score.

Three words for you:

Cake walk

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Me either. However, I don't feel good about this game. Bills have terrible Monday night football record. 49ers defense is picking it up and they have a healthy Misery, Ayiuk, and Deebo. Addiitionally, the 49ers are in the fight for their life to make the playoffs. It's a must win. I think the Bills play well but fall just a little short. I don't see us stopping their elaborate run schemes. 49ers 27 Bills 21. 

Have faith my friend 🙂  

The Bills turn the tables today, and put the history of Monday Night flops behind them.  We're healthier than we've been in a long time, we know what's at stake, and our defense is FINALLY rounding into its true(er) form.  AJ Klein, who weeks ago looked like an absolute swing and miss by McBeane, has been our most valuable defensive player the past 3 weeks.  The only injury that is really irritating to me is John Brown.  We are a completely different offense with him in there.  His speed neutralizes defenses, period.  It prevents them from doubling Stefon, frees up Beasley to roam freely in the slot, and prevent the safetys from cheating up since they have to respect the deep ball.  

But other than that, we are damn close to 100%....and no way they show up tonight unprepared.  49ers may be getting healthy, but it doesn't matter.  This is about us tonight....

Buffalo rolls.....38 - 17

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Anyone see that the Vegas line is now SF -1? It opened as Buf -2.5.  That’s a little worrisome.  Normally, when line shifts like that something is up.  I’ve learned the hard way to never question Vegas.

Odds just shift on bets going one way or another; not so much actual reasoning that SF will win. Relax, we got this.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Anyone see that the Vegas line is now SF -1? It opened as Buf -2.5.  That’s a little worrisome.  Normally, when line shifts like that something is up.  I’ve learned the hard way to never question Vegas.

Vegas only moved the line because big money came in for 9ers over time.

2 minutes ago, RichRiderBills said:

Vegas only moved the line because big money came in for 9ers over time.

Exactly.   Why is big money coming in Niners? Is it the sharps who know something we don’t? Or is it just the average idiot gambler that likes the Niners more for whatever reason?

6 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Exactly.   Why is big money coming in Niners? Is it the sharps who know something we don’t? Or is it just the average idiot gambler that likes the Niners more for whatever reason?

it was the amount of idiot gamblers who pushed the line towards to 9ers, because the line switched early in the week. sharp money  comes in right before the game. 

Admittedly I do not follow the 49ers in depth, but they do not seem to be anything other than an average team with injuries. Are they better than the Bills in any significant position?  Mostert maybe?  FB?   I realize that anything can happen in any game, but why the excessive worry about this game?  They are playing a backup QB and have a losing record.