Week 13 Bills @ 49ers in Phoenix PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

I see a lot of nerves and “ill feelings” about this game in this thread.

Let me just say...while I am ALWAYS nervous before Bills games, and even more so before prime time games....I think the Bills will take care of business tonight.

McDermott’s Bills consistently beat  bad QBs and losing teams. I can think of only one instance since 2019 of losing to a team with a losing record: the Browns. And I can’t really think of ANY instances of losing to a Nick Mullens level QB.

I get the nerves, but....the Bills are gonna win this. They are.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 8

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

Let me just say...while I am ALWAYS nervous before Bills games, and even more so before prime time games....I think the Bills will take care of business tonight.

McDermott’s Bills consistently beat  bad QBs and losing teams. I can think of only one instance since 2019 of losing to a team with a losing record: the Browns. And I can’t really think of ANY instances of losing to a Nick Mullens level QB.

Weeks ago I chalked this up to an automatic win. Then last week listening to sports media, all the local media was worried about this game. I still think this is a game the bills shoukd win. 49ers D is pretty good, but if we're a legit team this year, this is a game you win. Plus the bills are 100% healthy minus John brown 

Took a look at some of the SF/LA highlights. I think that most of their big plays was more on Samuel making a really good play than Mullens actually playing QB well. Lots of jet sweeps and screens. I really hope Milano is back to stop the side to side stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MattM said:

I was at that game as well.  Painful, but fun, considering I was with my dad (who has since passed) and a couple of old friends and their young kids (one has 4 boys and brought all 4).  We had a great time catching up, but the game itself was brutal to watch.  

I was also at the SF game by myself the day of the South East Asian tsunami, having flown up from my in-laws in Santa Barbara as a Christmas gift—we won that one, but I went the whole day up and back without hearing about the devastation of the tsunami until I was back to their house in SB. Very weird day....

I mean at the time it was terrible cause I didn’t know SF would eventually be almost Super Bowl Champs. 

14 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Admittedly I do not follow the 49ers in depth, but they do not seem to be anything other than an average team with injuries. Are they better than the Bills in any significant position?  Mostert maybe?  FB?   I realize that anything can happen in any game, but why the excessive worry about this game?  They are playing a backup QB and have a losing record. 

I know Mostert has been in a platoon his whole career and has never rushed for 1k yards in a season, though w the playoffs last year he did.  He's probably better than Singletary, but not a game breaker. Juice is a good FB. 

Folks worry about every game....mostly the same folks...the media has largely picked the niners, and this team went to a SB last year. I am still with you, this is not the kind of team thats killed us, we are a very good, have 2 borderline MVP canidates, and should be more confident in the team. 

That being said, any given sunday...etc...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've got an ill feeling about this game. Bills can't stop the run and I'm afraid McD and Frazier won't commit 8 or 9 guys to stop the run.

As I mentioned in another thread, the Bills can roll with a 3 LB defensive base for majority of the snaps in this game as 49ers use 21, 12 or 22 personnel 55% of the time.  Means Milano Klein and Edmunds are on more than Nickel package.  Not much film of this so 49ers will have to look at last year for our Base D looks which won't include Klein.  This is a wrinkle McD and Frazier should exploit.  I believe our Base 7 D will stop them.

On Offense look for Beasley and McKenzie to do damage from the slot as 49ers are down to 3rd or 4th options there as NBs are dinged up.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Took a look at some of the SF/LA highlights. I think that most of their big plays was more on Samuel making a really good play than Mullens actually playing QB well. Lots of jet sweeps and screens. I really hope Milano is back to stop the side to side stuff. 

Like the easiest 250 yards you could get sheesh.  If were not playing man I think we should probably have good success with Tampa 2.  No way hes threatening us deep outside the numbers.  

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

Like the easiest 250 yards you could get sheesh.  If were not playing man I think we should probably have good success with Tampa 2.  No way hes threatening us deep outside the numbers.  

He started 1-4 with an INT too. We're just going to have to play disciplined. 

Also, looks like Moseley is going to be out tonight as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Logic said:

I always have nerves on game day as well.

This is not a game that has me nervous. I think the Bills are going to win tonight and in a convincing way.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m always nervous before every Bills game.  I just can’t help it.   Add in knowing that both Miami and the pats won yesterday, and it’s a Monday night game; now I’m ready for some drinks just to get through the day!

Go Bills!