Week 13 Bills @ 49ers in Phoenix PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

59 minutes ago, Logic said:

I see a lot of nerves and “ill feelings” about this game in this thread.

Let me just say...while I am ALWAYS nervous before Bills games, and even more so before prime time games....I think the Bills will take care of business tonight.

McDermott’s Bills consistently beat  bad QBs and losing teams. I can think of only one instance since 2019 of losing to a team with a losing record: the Browns. And I can’t really think of ANY instances of losing to a Nick Mullens level QB.

I get the nerves, but....the Bills are gonna win this. They are.

They are every week.  This week is nothing new lol.

7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Ok boys, let’s matriculate the ball down the field!

"65 Toss Power Trap. That might pop wide open."

My drink during Bills game will now be called 65tosspowertrap.

Wife: you're guzzling alot of that stuff. What is it?

Me: 65tosspowertrap, baby! Yeah, yeah, ha, ha!

Wife, puzzled, walking away: umm, ok.

• Haha (+1) 2

It feels like the time in a Bills fans emotional journey  where optimism has inflated far enough that it’s time for a thorough soul crushing...

I’m really not sure where to be on this game. They should absolutely win.  They are however 1-3 in games not played at 1:00 on Sunday.... 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

image.png.f243668ffba34e408accb5b5bda71e01.png

This made me feel better than ANYTHING else in the thread. Thanks!  (that D tho....)

3 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Already getting pretty sick of hearing about Robert Saleh. 

Is he a HC candidate? I haven't heard either way.....ahem

Edited by Golden*Wheels
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Greg S said:

image.png.f243668ffba34e408accb5b5bda71e01.png

Comparison of how both QBs fared vs the same competition.

The Bills and 49s both played NYJ, SEA, LAR when Mullens was QB.

However, since Mullens came in late vs the Jets, and we played them twice, I left them out.

Below is the combined stats vs Seattle & LAR games for both.

Comp Att % Yards TDs Ints
Mullens 42 60 70% 490 2 1
Allen 55 71 77% 726 7 1

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Nick mullins has been benched on a few occasions for cj beathard

That should tell you how good he is

i dont understand how the bills arent a 4-6 point favorite tonight honestly.  Shut down the run and short passing game and it should be an easy win tonight

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I've got an ill feeling about this game. Bills can't stop the run and I'm afraid McD and Frazier won't commit 8 or 9 guys to stop the run. Bills should play their corners on an island and commit in the early down to stopping the run. Edmunds has to have a good game. The middle of their olin is weak. Oliver needs to step up.

I worry about the Bills being pushed around. 

Best chance for a win is an early turnover and get up by a couple of scores.  Force Shanahan to throw more than he wants.

If Bills man up I agree with others, they can force some turnovers and maybe that elusive defensive score.

if you commit 9 guys to stopping the run, they'll throw the ball. What if they line up 4 WR and 1 RB?

Edited by nucci

5 minutes ago, ogham26 said:

i dont understand how the bills arent a 4-6 point favorite tonight honestly.  Shut down the run and short passing game and it should be an easy win tonight

Easier said then done. But yeah make Mullins beat you, don't let their skill players. You do that it might get ugly

As others have stated I hate the wait, especially waiting an extra day. For me, I wish they were always on at 1PM Sundays. (Granted, if they were allowing fans in the stands then of course Id want those fans to get a prime time home game. So 1 lol, they get one HOME primetime game) 

Edited by letsgoteam
  • Like (+1) 1

I don't know why I do this to myself, but I lurk on the Pats boards once in awhile. It's striking to me how their conversations right now are the exact early December conversations we used to have.  "If we can just win out, and have x team lose to y team, but y team lose to z team, and then if this & that happens, etc."

It's kind of wonderful.  But they're very invested tonight - about half of that fanbase thinks they can still take the division if the Bills lose tonight, next week and they beat us head to head.

Gotta crush those hopes.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Already getting pretty sick of hearing about Robert Saleh. 

I don't get the medias obsession with him.

For the last 3 years every sack SF gets it seems like the show him celebrating. Amongst the countless times showing him at random

• Like (+1) 2