Week 13: Sunday Games Thread, Around the League

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Gregg can't stand Gase haha. I am only being semi serious but why would you send 8 in that scenario? Any completion in bounds that isn't a touchdown is the game 

Absolutely. Not only was the CALL inept, but the cornerback biting on the double move? Yikes.

Just legendary ineptitude. 

Just now, Logic said:

Absolutely. Not only was the CALL inept, but the cornerback biting on the double move? Yikes.

Just legendary ineptitude. 

I don't think Gregg did it for the tank. I think he did it knowing if it backfired it would further humiliate Gase. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What would the Jets coaching staff get out of tanking?

Unless they’re being brought back next year, or Gregg Williams is named head coach, I don’t see what they would possibly gain by tanking. It would hurt their chances of being hired by other organizations.

Although I do wonder with that last play call if Gregg Williams is purposely sabotaging Adam Gase... 😂

The way the Pats are using Cam Newton I don’t see them bringing him back next year. They’re using him the same way a team would use a RB by giving him 400+ carries......they’re basically getting every ounce the can out of him by letting him take a pounding every game with no intention of bringing him back in 2021 unless it’s for peanuts again.

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

What would the Jets coaching staff get out of tanking?

Unless they’re being brought back next year, or Gregg Williams is named head coach, I don’t see what they would possibly gain by tanking. It would hurt their chances of being hired by other organizations.

Although I do wonder with that last play call if Gregg Williams is purposely sabotaging Adam Gase... 😂

Agree. I don't think the coaching staff is in on the tank. But Williams purposely sabotaging people's careers? Yep. That sounds like him.

• Like (+1) 1