Week 13: Bills at 49ers on MNF (in Arizona)

YoloinOhio

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com/GUD/controller/controller.php?action=weekly&year=2020&week=13&league=NFL

We will be wearing white again as the 49ers just posted their normal red jerseys for home games. No surprise. Maybe the Bills should go with all white (current or throwback) since white over blue didn't work out so well in this stadium the last time. Scroll ahead to week 14 and the Steelers posted their normal white jerseys with yellow pants road look. Bills will either be in blue or red jerseys for that one.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Roof will be closed right? Otherwise gotta think it gets pretty cold at night, even if it will be 8pm/9pm (do they do daylight savings time?)

Arizona is in the Mountain Time Zone (so it's 2pm currently).  They do not go on Daylight Savings.  So in the winter they are the same time as the Mountain States.  In the summer time they are the same time as the Pacific states (when those states go on daylight savings).

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Roof will be closed right? Otherwise gotta think it gets pretty cold at night, even if it will be 8pm/9pm (do they do daylight savings time?)

Normal temp in Phoenix at 7 PM local time MST will be around 70 degrees, suspect the roof will be open.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So when is the last time a road opponent played twice in the same stadium (in same season), that is NOT a full time shared stadium.  

Somehow the ESPN FPI index has the Bills with a 40% chance to beat SF and the same 40% chance to beat Pittsburgh.  Seems odd.  I would think Buffalo would be 55% or so to beat SF...

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

So when is the last time a road opponent played twice in the same stadium (in same season), that is NOT a full time shared stadium.  

Bills played in Detroit twice in 2014 - once vs lions and once vs jets due to blizzard but they were technically the “home” team 

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Somehow the ESPN FPI index has the Bills with a 40% chance to beat SF and the same 40% chance to beat Pittsburgh.  Seems odd.  I would think Buffalo would be 55% or so to beat SF...

Bills played week one and week two at Metlife stadium last year as well.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Shanahan believes that he can win with any QB, and that the position isn’t that important. He’s pretty confident in himself. 

Like Shanahan, this David Lombardi seems quite sure of himself too. No question the Bills D has been challenged at times this year, but by far better QBs than Mullens (or even Garappolo for that matter). In fact, by some of the best QBs in the league. Now, that doesn’t mean SF won’t win or that coaching doesn’t matter, but come on Lombardi. More often than not it comes down to the Jimmys and the Joes. You need the horses in this league to win consistently. Especially at QB. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Time for our team to 'Nut up' , get their "pissed off" on, and take that bad taste out of their mouths.

I’d love this. 

When I hear/see this type of talk, I always think of the “rah-rah” hype them up player. This is a criticism of McDermott AND the roster as a whole, but I don’t just see this as a single person/player’s fault. Here goes nothing: 

One thing I’ve always been irked by (yet, also respected) is McDermott’s sideline demeanor specifically is response to errors. He is not a fire in your face, cloud up and rain type of coach. This is fine. But if that is the case, there needs to be someone to turn to. A player that McD can rely on or tip his hat to in an effort to bring some passion and heat back into the players. I’d love, just once, to see ANYBODY get pissed off at a lack-luster drive. 

McD is always so calm, cool and collected and I think that can be reflected in the play and demeanor of the team, especially within the offense at times. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Shanahan believes that he can win with any QB, and that the position isn’t that important. He’s pretty confident in himself. 

he is one of the best offensive minds in the league he should be confident. 49ers have done really well with their injuries. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

he is one of the best offensive minds in the league he should be confident. 49ers have done really well with their injuries. 

You’re correct.

That’s not really what I was getting at though. I need to find the quote/article that talks about how he’s probably going to move on from Garoppolo and doesn’t really care all that much who replaces him because he doesn’t think he needs an elite QB to win. Maybe someone can help me out... I know I saw rumblings of it somewhere. 

Which is fine, but there aren’t many instances of that in the modern NFL. Hopefully he doesn’t let his confidence get the best of him is all. 

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

That’s not really what I was getting at though. I need to find the quote/article that talks about how he’s probably going to move on from Garoppolo and doesn’t really care all that much who replaces him because he doesn’t think he needs an elite QB to win. Maybe someone can help me out... I know I saw rumblings of it somewhere.

So this article seems to contradict that point of view:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/kyle-shanahan-expects-jimmy-garoppolo-to-be-49ers-starting-quarterback-in-2021/

Shanahan:  "Jimmy has won a lot of games for us this year. It's a lot harder to win games when he's not here. Just hoping we can get him back." 

Lynch: "I think the elephant in the room, everyone wants to know about Jimmy," Lynch said on 104.5 FM KNBR Friday. "We're a better football team when he's out there. We win a lot of games when he's out there, we've struggled to win without him. "