Impact of Bad Coaching on Good Talent

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Lynn's mask was crooked all day and his nose kept popping out above the seam. I knew then we would win. 

I live in Southern California and Lynn was on TV during the initial Covid surge out here. He was WAY over the top with his concern about the virus. I recall thinking, there’s no way his team will be ready to play football. I have to believe he’s severely distracted by the whole thing. 

I was shocked at how poorly Lynn and the Chargers were prepared for contingencies with clock management, wasting timeouts, indecision, etc.   Reminded me of the Gregg Williams era here.  No wonder they lose every close game

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

Lynn had multiple opportunities to kick a FG and get within 7, and went for it instead. That’s a fail of coaching 101

I hate to sound like I’m letting Lynn off the hook but he has no confidence in his kicker (missed XP in 1st Q), so calling him out for said infraction doesn’t make a lot of sense.  Like the Bills were with Haushka.  

12 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

There is another thread on here stating how important the home field advantage is.  Look I'm not disagreeing with you.  Lynn seems terrible.  The Chargers were my darkhorse team to make a WC run.  They have crapped the bed.  Lynn will go.  They appear to have at least a very good rookie QB, they play in LA, and they have talent on the team.  They should be the #1 landing spot for a HC job.  

My hunch and way too soon to make a guess - is it will be Jim Harbaugh.  

What is the obsession with Harbaugh? He is a tyrant and he ruined the niners after a brief run of success and now sucks at Michigan. Might as well get Chip Kelly. Same sad resume.

More likely to lose Daboll to them. I think he is as good as gone.

If you have a young 6'6" QB, who better than Brian Daboll? Sad but true.

Edited by foreboding

3 minutes ago, foreboding said:

What is the obsession with Harbaugh? He is a tyrant and he ruined the niners after a brief run of success and now sucks at Michigan. Might as well get Chip Kelly. Same sad resume.

More likely to lose Daboll to them. I think he is as good as gone.

If you have a young 6'6" QB, who better than Brian Daboll? Sad but true.

Harbaugh had very good success at San Fran and his run at Michigan is about to end. The Chargers lack discipline and focus. He would bring that. I doubt Daboll will get a HC spot but its possible. Many of the recent hires are retread white guys or from college. Harbaugh fits both demographics.  

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I live in Southern California and Lynn was on TV during the initial Covid surge out here. He was WAY over the top with his concern about the virus. I recall thinking, there’s no way his team will be ready to play football. I have to believe he’s severely distracted by the whole thing. 

Lynn already had COVID over the summer. While repeat infection is possible it is extremely rare( 4 cases reported worldwide I believe and only 1 in the US). 

5 minutes ago, Philly McButterpants said:

If you can't play well as a QB under Frank Reich, you're just not a good QB.  Carson Wentz has fallen off a cliff since FR left the Iggles . . . 

Good observation.  Eagles line is decimated with injuries though too. 

You put Stafford with the Bears,Pats, Indy,Eagles (which could happen after this year) they could have a field day with his arm given that i think Indy would be the best their o line is pretty good . Keep him out of NE !! 

Some coaches are better coordinators the HC i think that is Patricia's deal he needs to stick to what he did a decent job at defense only .

It’s not your accident, we’ve changed this roster through free agency and the draft, not all hits,  but as Polian said (HOF Polian) he tracked his hit rate in the draft lifetime at 57%. His words on Late Hits six. Months ago.  We have excellent management, coaching, scouts, and an ownership group in the Pegulas who don’t mettle in football afairs like Snyder and Jerrah.  We almost assuredly will make the playoffs in three of four years under this regime.  

Anyone can dissect every last call on clock management and play calling on these guys, but we are almost a lock for the East, finally have an explosive offense, and probably will go deeper this year.

We have a great management team, coaching, head to toe, and we will kick butt going down the road.  I’m even more proud of the Bills now than the Kelly years. During that time,  Ralph opened his wallet for the players, but we didn’t have free agency until the end.  This team is dealing with an NFL team in 2020.  It’s a feat, we have a coach locked through 2025,  and may not be advertised, but bet dollars to donuts (we either have a Beane contract done and quiet about it or will do so by the off season), and again owners who stay out of the way.  For the youngins, this is going to historically be the best team we’ve fielded even better than the Kemp years.

We haven’t done it yet, but we will.  We will be known in about here years as one of the best teams in the NFL.  By then, we will have 6 out of 7 playoff appearances, and bet we win the East multiple times, and go deeper each year.  We have locked up some top positions very soon.  A franchise QB, lock down CB, very solid LT, sound RB’s who are young and growing, most likely two very solid LB’s, and can rider these Safeties for awhile.

Be happy to be a Bills fan guys.  You will enjoy it for quite some time.  Oh and let me mention, we’ve. Beaten more teams with winning records than pretty much anyone in the NFL, and lost outside of the Titans close to the others.  We will be ready for the playoffs.  If played right, we’ll have the speedster Brown, and fantastic Milano by then.  We get those two really healthy, it’s a fun run in the playoffs.

So enjoy 8-3, and hopefully next week, 9-3.

13 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Was the run play with no timeouts 1st and goal from the 2 with 24 seconds (which wasted 16 of those seconds) the rookie's call too?  

I’m not sure, but it appeared that it was the playcall.  I know they sometimes call 2 plays at a time at the end of the game

58 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I’m not sure, but it appeared that it was the playcall.  I know they sometimes call 2 plays at a time at the end of the game

I don't believe that the rookie QB audibled into those two plays at the end of the game.

21 hours ago, cDAVIS said:

The NFL will always be all coaching. Everyone is a world class athlete. That's why belicheat wins no matter who he has

Um er uh... 5-6, fired from Cleveland.  

Coaching is very important, so is getting the right cast of characters in the locker room to make it happen. 

Athleticism is one part of the puzzle. 

21 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I think Lynn showed that today, extremely talented chargers team with a bad record. 

21 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I think Lynn showed that today, extremely talented chargers team with a bad record. 

We are talking about a HC who wanted to start Taylor over Herbert. Lynn’s game time decisions are horrid and he looks lost out there. I still think that there are going to be a record number of HC’s fired after the season. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu