Denver forced to play with no QB

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

This is probably just the league drawing a line in the sand. This is obviously an ongoing problem and they can’t just keep rescheduling games. If your QB or whatever gets Covid, tough *****. You’re playing. Better prepare for the worse. 

plus they have no true owner....broncos whining

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Any idea as to why the NFL was so firmly set against this?

Edit OK I see above. Unfair, teams could "store players as coaches".  Eh, if the only time the team is allowed to dress a coach is if the whole position group is knocked out of a game with a contagious disease, not much advantage there.  I'm not too impressed by "slippery slope" arguments when the slope in question is reached by a rare set of circumstances.  I think the NFL is kind of being ***** to the Ponies here. 

Man, if I was the Broncos in this situation, I would have been hoping for more positive tests to come back yesterday and today.  Only way the game could be pushed. 

But whatever, man,  You don't follow the rules, you have to deal with the fallout.  The only thing I wish that was different right now is that it would be great if we were playing them today.  I think we'll beat them in a few weeks anyway, but this would be the biggest lock win of all time.

43 minutes ago, jkx2 said:

Ed Rutkowski was a backup flanker, end, running back, defensive back who also returned punts and kicks.  In 1968 he played 3 games at QB when we lost four QBs to injury.   He was the teams disaster QB and 1968 was truly a disaster.  

I will never forget the game we lost to the Raiders 13-10.   I was a kid watching that game with my Dad and Uncles.  We had the ball on the 1 yard line and Rutkowski ran a bootleg.  I thought he scored but he actually fumbled.  It almost went out of bounds but it was ruled in bounds and recovered by Oakland.  

I cried. Everyone laughed at me.  I insisted he scored.  

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The NFL needs to start handing out serious punishments for blatantly disregarding protocols.  Garbage like the 350,000 fine that the Patriots* received is a joke, as is taking away a 7th round draft pick.  Coaches and players need to be suspended and real draft picks need to be taken away.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

The NFL needs to start handing out serious punishments for blatantly disregarding protocols.  Garbage like the 350,000 fine that the Patriots* received is a joke, as is taking away a 7th round draft pick.  Coaches and players need to be suspended and real draft picks need to be taken away.  

it’s tough to dole out historically bad punishments for transgressions like this - especially on first offenses (or when the natural consequence seems to be a loss and being a laughingstock like Denver)