Denver forced to play with no QB

1 hour ago, wjag said:

This game was a National Football League embarrassment.  It was a sham.  Neither team played a QB.  At one point the passing stats were NO -8, DEN 0.  Thank goodness LA, SF gave a good game to watch.  A very good reminder to everyone how tough it is to play QB.

I was thinking this while watching Trubisky try to redeem himself again last night.

Trubisky is not a good NFL QB (Although, IMO his biggest problem is his lack of confidence). But he is probably in the top 1.5% of his position and people think he is terrible. Nate Peterman is probably in the top 2-3% at his position and he is a punchline

Kendall Hinton. Won a state title at QB in HS, played QB at a Div 1 school for two years and is a world class athlete. Lets say as a QB he is in the top 5% at his position. He completed ONE pass in an NFL game. 

Just gives me some perspective on how good these QBs really are, even the bad ones 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

Ok, thank you. This explains it much better than I have seen elsewhere. Thanks for taking the time to explain it more in Layman's terms. I still think the NFL is just trying to figure it all out as they go. Everyone is still trying to figure this ***** out.

It's a load.  Titans literally held practices and were photographed by HS kids and the NFL swept it under the rug and went along with Tenn's pleas of ignorance.  That was a joke as every fan knew this was not allowed but the NFL decided to gaslight instead.  Baltimore had coaches concealing information and purposely avoiding rules and got a reprieve.  Denver QBs had a sandwich and the hammer came down.

It's a complex situation with a lot of moving parts and that makes it hard to act with consistency.  Add the fact the NFLs "punishments" are described with vague terms like 'harsh" rather than specific penalties like "forfeit" or "loss of round x draft pick" and you've got a recipe for what you're looking at now.

Denver had to play without a QB.  Baltimore should have to play without getting back any player that would have been unable to go on Thursday or afterward, but they will get some back.  Tenn got AJ Brown back for their games against us and Pitt due to the delay they caused and a bunch of other teams had their schedules switched around.  The more a team has ignored rules, the more the NFL has been forced to bend over.  And bend over they have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I was thinking this while watching Trubisky try to redeem himself again last night.

Trubisky is not a good NFL QB (Although, IMO his biggest problem is his lack of confidence). But he is probably in the top 1.5% of his position and people think he is terrible. Nate Peterman is probably in the top 2-3% at his position and he is a punchline

Kendall Hinton. Won a state title at QB in HS, played QB at a Div 1 school for two years and is a world class athlete. Lets say as a QB he is in the top 5% at his position. He completed ONE pass in an NFL game. 

Just gives me some perspective on how good these QBs really are, even the bad ones 

how can someone be in the top 3% of their position and be awful?  If there are 32 nfl teams with 3 qbs per team, how does your math work out?

1 hour ago, wjag said:

This game was a National Football League embarrassment.  It was a sham.  Neither team played a QB.  At one point the passing stats were NO -8, DEN 0.  Thank goodness LA, SF gave a good game to watch.  A very good reminder to everyone how tough it is to play QB.

As far as NO goes, it was their decision not to play one. ;)

1 minute ago, Mr. K said:

Only if you have a former MVP and are chasing a playoff spot do you get some days off to get healthy. Stop letting QBs hit the bong and pass it.

They'll be missing that MVP and quite a few others.  They had a tough row to hoe before, now they have no chance of winning that game.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

how can someone be in the top 3% of their position and be awful?  If there are 32 nfl teams with 3 qbs per team, how does your math work out?

I'm including everyone in the world that could play QB. So think of every college QB, every NFL QB ect and these guys on the NFL teams are in the top 1% at their position.

Sorry, should have been more clear there

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

As far as NO goes, it was their decision not to play one. ;)

They'll be missing that MVP and quite a few others.  They had a tough row to hoe before, now they have no chance of winning that game.

I've also never considered Tannehill a MVP and they moved our game. And at that point there was not really a "spike" in cases. I dont mind what they do as long as the Bills are winning and the season is still being played.

16 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I'm including everyone in the world that could play QB. So think of every college QB, every NFL QB ect and these guys on the NFL teams are in the top 1% at their position.

Sorry, should have been more clear there

Got it.  Interesting way to look at it .  But I would personally rank based on who is actually in the profession right now.   Counting a wannabe QB who is doing something else in life at this point may not give a valid population base.

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It's a load.  Titans literally held practices and were photographed by HS kids and the NFL swept it under the rug and went along with Tenn's pleas of ignorance.  That was a joke as every fan knew this was not allowed but the NFL decided to gaslight instead.  Baltimore had coaches concealing information and purposely avoiding rules and got a reprieve.  Denver QBs had a sandwich and the hammer came down.

It's a complex situation with a lot of moving parts and that makes it hard to act with consistency.  Add the fact the NFLs "punishments" are described with vague terms like 'harsh" rather than specific penalties like "forfeit" or "loss of round x draft pick" and you've got a recipe for what you're looking at now.

Denver had to play without a QB.  Baltimore should have to play without getting back any player that would have been unable to go on Thursday or afterward, but they will get some back.  Tenn got AJ Brown back for their games against us and Pitt due to the delay they caused and a bunch of other teams had their schedules switched around.  The more a team has ignored rules, the more the NFL has been forced to bend over.  And bend over they have.

Denver had 1 positive test on like thursday or something - you don't postpone a game for a single positive test. The contact tracing determined that the QBs were dumb and ate lunch together knowing they weren't supposed to do that.  This happened to buffalo with Knox and Norman - other players missed the game due to contact tracing.  

Every postponement situation has had multiple positive tests each day and involved closing facilities down.  

Denver was sloppy with their QBs and it cost them this game.  Every other HC knows you gotta keep one in your back pocket for this situation.  

Edited by dneveu