Denver forced to play with no QB

If the NFL doesn't give a *****, I think the players should reciprocate. 

Potentially getting injured for this crap?  No way.

I think the D should 'olé ' every play and the O should take a knee all game.

500 to 0. screw it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hemma said:

If the NFL doesn't give a *****, I think the players should reciprocate. 

Potentially getting injured for this crap?  No way.

I think the D should 'olé ' every play and the O should take a knee all game.

500 to 0. screw it.

Denver might actually get punished for that.....unlike the Titans and Ravens.

Even though the Ravens are getting some favoritism, they're still going to be without the QB who gives them a chance in their biggest game of the season so far.  And again the Broncos were stupid for not sequestering a QB.  I have no sympathy for them.  As the saying goes: "poor planning on your part does not make an emergency on my part."

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and what was Eddie’s record in those games? 0-fer. Meaning he COULDN’T play QB. 

Couldn’t get a new guy through team protocol in time.

Jmo, but I think the time to postpone/reschedule games has come & gone. Few -if any teams- have a bye left and every week through the SB is now filled up.

Was he hurt? No , if my memory serves me tight.  Three linemen could block for whoever was back there.

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Did they reschedule it when our TE room couldnt play???? What makes thr QB position any different. We need consistency... if their is an outbreak reschedule and if one position group cant play then game should still go on

The difference is that teams can game-plan around a TE more easily - play a good-blocking WR, play 2 back sets

Whereas a QB touches the ball on every play

Still, Denver could have isolated a QB

• Like (+1) 1

The Broncos could not sign a new guy given protocols of onbaording and they tried to get some kind of a petition to sign a coach I guess and the NFL declined it.  Why would you need a petition to sign a guy even if he is a coach? It is fair that he would not be subject to the multitple day onboarding/covid testing.  Seems plausible to me.   Anyway, the fact the QB's were not wearing masks together takes away any leniency the NFL may have given them.  The Bills are smart how they are handling Fromm.

Edited by mattynh

47 minutes ago, mattynh said:

The Broncos could not sign a new guy given protocols of onbaording and they tried to get some kind of a petition to sign a coach I guess and the NFL declined it.  Why would you need a petition to sign a guy even if he is a coach? It is fair that he would not be subject to the multitple day onboarding/covid testing.  Seems plausible to me.   Anyway, the fact the QB's were not wearing masks together takes away any leniency the NFL may have given them.  The Bills are smart how they are handling Fromm.

nfl made the case that teams would "store" players as coaches...."unfair" advantage

12 hours ago, Doc said:

Bring in a QB and have him learn their system in 5 days?  And no one good is available anyway.  Let the former college QB/NFL WR do it.

They actually have someone on staff who played QB and I am saying Elway.  There are rules about coaches playing from old days when teams would stash players on staff to get around roster limits but NFL could grant an exception.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the first time I've ever been interested in watching the Broncos.

To be fair...We all probably were last week

It sounds crazy and it only applies to a team with no real playoff hopes...but something like this must be a little bit fun for a coach. An OC has a chance to do something really wild and outside the box today. Possibly even cutting edge or revolutionary. If you are a competitor, you kind of love that challenge. Also, if you suck nobody is going to think twice. If you win somehow, you might be in play for big time promotions.

• Thank you (+1) 1