Jump to content

Kenny Stills to be cut


Process
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

This team should have two speed WRs at all times.   
 

Especially when speed WR’s tend to be more injury prone.   
 

Getting Stills would right a wrong in our roster building, but I’d be shocked if he lasts to us in waivers. 

And if he, there is something fundamentally wrong with him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I believe he is a vet and not subject to waivers

 

He is, but as explained earlier in the thread, beause he's released after the trade deadline, he still goes through waivers. He can choose not to play, but he can't choose where he goes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s the type of guy Green Bay could really use. For some strange reason they are like petrified to bring in free agents. I’d take him here in a second. Hope he doesn’t end up on one of the other afc contenders. Baltimore, Cleveland, Miami etc

 

Lamar won't use him and he already burned bridges in Miami.  I doubt he'd want to play for Cleveland.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smoke is missing another game due to an ankle injury.  The pertinent question is, how bad is the ankle?  If it is a week to week injury, the Bills might be better off to put him on IR and sign a rental like Stills.   We're not in a position to answer that question, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That’s the type of guy Green Bay could really use. For some strange reason they are like petrified to bring in free agents. I’d take him here in a second. Hope he doesn’t end up on one of the other afc contenders. Baltimore, Cleveland, Miami etc

The Eagles too, who are as much of a playoff contender as any team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did these guys play for Carolina:

 

John Brown

Diggs

Feliciano

Beasly

Kroft

Nsheke I can't spell

Morse

Hyde

Poyer

Jefferson

Yeldon

L. Smith

?

 

Its futile,  In his world, If the Bills players and front office are not perfect at all times, they have failed with no hope of redemption, it’s kinda funny actually. 
 

Go Bills!!!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did these guys play for Carolina:

 

John Brown

Diggs

Feliciano

Beasly

Kroft

Nsheke I can't spell

Morse

Hyde

Poyer

Jefferson

Yeldon

L. Smith

?

 

I'm sure he's still pissed they didn't sign Cam Newton...

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did these guys play for Carolina:

 

John Brown

Diggs

Feliciano

Beasly

Kroft

Nsheke I can't spell

Morse

Hyde

Poyer

Jefferson

Yeldon

L. Smith

?

 

It was said in jest.... I don't think it's any secret these guys prefer ex Carolina Panthers as that is where they spent just about all of their cap this past offseason(outside of the Diggs trade which was a necessity). 

 

Butler, Addison, Klein, Norman, Williams, now Worley.... they even tried to bring in Greg Olsen.😅

 

Is there really any doubt if Stills played for Carolina during McDs days the Bills would have a ***** ton of interest in him right now? 

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

I'm sure he's still pissed they didn't sign Cam Newton...

When did I say they should sign Cam Newton?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Did these guys play for Carolina:

 

John Brown

Diggs

Feliciano

Beasly

Kroft

Nsheke I can't spell

Morse

Hyde

Poyer

Jefferson

Yeldon

L. Smith

?

 

 

 

 

Yup.

 

The last guys we've picked up are, not including guys we've let go and then re-signed like Deon Lacey, Cam Lewis and Lafayette Pitts ... listed in reverse order from the most recent:

 

CB Daryl Worley

LB Darron Lee

TE Charles Jones

LB Ahmad Gooden

TE Nate Becker

RB Antonio Williams

CB Jonatthan Harrison

DT Brandin Bryant

G/C Jordan Devey

DT Chris Slayton

WR Jake Kumerow

 

I was only going to go back ten, but the last two were signed on the same day. One Panthers guy, which is around 9% out of a group chosen for recency.

 

Anyone still harping on about this is only showing that their RES has been activated about Carolina. 

 

They did step it up among some of the bigger FAs last offseason, but why wouldn't you? By the time the season started it was beginning to seem likely that COVID was going to cause problems with offseason get-togethers. It's not a mistake that most of those Carolina pickups this year were on defense. In a season that looked like it might not have a traditional offseason, why wouldn't you concentrate on guys who had already played in your system and wouldn't be hurt as badly by missed offseason activities?

 

Edited by Thurman#1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

 

 

 

Yup.

 

The last guys we've picked up are, not including guys we've let go and then re-signed like Deon Lacey, Cam Lewis and Lafayette Pitts ... listed in reverse order from the most recent:

 

CB Daryl Worley

LB Darron Lee

TE Charles Jones

LB Ahmad Gooden

TE Nate Becker

RB Antonio Williams

CB Jonatthan Harrison

DT Brandin Bryant

G/C Jordan Devey

DT Chris Slayton

WR Jake Kumerow

 

I was only going to go back ten, but the last two were signed on the same day. One Panthers guy, which is around 9% out of a group chosen for recency.

 

Anyone still harping on about this is only showing that their RES has been activated about Carolina. 

 

They did step it up among some of the bigger FAs last offseason, but why wouldn't you? By the time the season started it was beginning to seem likely that COVID was going to cause problems with offseason get-togethers. It's not a mistake that most of those Carolina pickups this year were on defense. In a season that looked like it might not have a traditional offseason, why wouldn't you concentrate on guys who had already played in your system and wouldn't be hurt as badly by missed offseason activities?

 

 

 

So you are saying that when choosing among fringe roster players with 3 years or less of NFL experience that the 4th year Bills GM and HC are choosing less Carolina players?   

 

Well I guess you've proven that they don't have an inordinate amount of focus on players that were with them in Carolina.:lol:

 

They were on more of their former Carolina players than ever this past offseason.

 

And of the 20 or so former Carolina free agents they've tried since coming to Buffalo only Daryl Williams and Dean Marlowe have proven worth the investment so far.

 

Personally I am not a huge detractor of trying to collect players that are familiar with their system...........it makes sense on the surface but it hasn't been a very lucrative endeavor trying to tap into their old Carolina pipeline.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...