Bad coaching bringing this team down

Cal

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Oh yea I wouldnt object to putting him on notice lol but eye test wise it seems like theyre hanging with top offensive talent better than we have in years past at least in the last couple games.  I'd have to go back into box scores from last year but just thinking about last season it seems like our defense made a living dismantling bad quarterbacks and didn't really show up for big games 

Well I dunno about that...we held the Ravens and Pats to 24 and the Texans to 19 in regular time when those top level QB's were all white hot.

Last year's defence was playing with a lot of confidence. I don't think that is the case this year. The question for me is - how much of that is on Frazier?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Well I dunno about that...we held the Ravens and Pats to 24 and the Texans to 19 in regular time when those top level QB's were all white hot.

Last year's defence was playing with a lot of confidence. I don't think that is the case this year. The question for me is - how much of that is on Frazier?

Yea I just took a look...I think the eagles game had me scarred lol it was better than I remember.  

I doubt much of it is on Frazier but you have to try something to get a spark for sure...our linebackers were horrendous for most of the season.  We definitely do not have the depth there that we thought we had before the season.  I think a lot of our big impact defenders have been playing hurt all season hopefully they get healthier 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I just took a look...I think the eagles game had me scarred lol it was better than I remember.  

Yes, that was the one truly poor performance of the season.

I suppose the other thing to factor in is the crowd noise (at least in games at the Ralph), which this year's defence has not had the benefit of.

Still, that should not account for such a sharp decline in performance by the defence.

1 hour ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Leslie Frazier...  This guy should have been gone 2 years ago if it weren't for McDermott, calling the defense in the second half off the chargers game in week 2 McDermott might also be out of a job.  In the last 2 games if I told you that Josh Allen, and the bills offense would score 74 points what would you say?  And what if I told you the defense would give up in those two games 66 points what would you say.  If McDermott, does not take the play calling off of him I don't think we win the division.

HFd64Mc.gif

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

True.

But it's also a numbers game:

- 32 v Rams

- 28 v Fish

- 24 v Raiders

- 42 v Titans

- 26 v KC (in BAD weather)

- 21 v Pats (would likely have been 28 if Cam doesn't fumble)

- 34 v Hawks

- 32 v Cards

These are simply not "Playoff Calibre" numbers.

If I am McD, I am putting Frazier on notice.

I'm changing the locks...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Leslie Frazier...  This guy should have been gone 2 years ago if it weren't for McDermott, calling the defense in the second half off the chargers game in week 2 McDermott might also be out of a job.  In the last 2 games if I told you that Josh Allen, and the bills offense would score 74 points what would you say?  And what if I told you the defense would give up in those two games 66 points what would you say.  If McDermott, does not take the play calling off of him I don't think we win the division.

End of the day,  he has scrubs to work with,  both our safeties are of average athletic talent.  That was clear on that final play yesterday because the ball was in the air long enough for either guy to make a play on it.  Add the fact we cannot get to the QB and teams are just going up and down the field,  there is not one DE that teams need to worry about or double team

5 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I think this is a very likely scenario especially if this team flounders and doesn't win the division this year, or heaven forbid even make the playoffs.

Either way his style of coaching is not sustainable and we keep hearing the same hollow platitudes week after week about how they need to score more points, execute their gameplan etc.

Either way will be interesting to see the pulse of Bills mafia if the Dolphins win the division this year because any window the Bills had will slam shut in a hurry given the Dolphins rise and all the money and draft picks in the first few rounds they have to get even better next year where the Bills will be heavily constrained because of all the poor moves they've made this past offseason.

Sorry man as long as Josh Allen is playing Qb for the bills the window isn't closing as you suggest. So before you go proclaiming the dolphins the next great AFC east dynasty pump the breaks. And not to mention Josh has eaten you're teams lunch when they play.

We'll be fine. 

We're a fluke play away from being 8-2 and the quality of QBs we'll be facing coming up is nowhere near Wilson,Murray back to back. 

The defense also took a major hit the day before the game with the Covid players. 

We'll be fine. I'm surprisingly not even that upset today . The team proved again they can hang with anybody and are one of the best teams in the game 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I think this is a very likely scenario especially if this team flounders and doesn't win the division this year, or heaven forbid even make the playoffs.

Either way his style of coaching is not sustainable and we keep hearing the same hollow platitudes week after week about how they need to score more points, execute their gameplan etc.

Either way will be interesting to see the pulse of Bills mafia if the Dolphins win the division this year because any window the Bills had will slam shut in a hurry given the Dolphins rise and all the money and draft picks in the first few rounds they have to get even better next year where the Bills will be heavily constrained because of all the poor moves they've made this past offseason.

I cannot for the life of me fathom how the loss yesterday in any way proves his style of coaching is unsustainable lol the dude overperformed with below average talent in previous years and is now atop the division with a lot of his key playmakers on defense playing injured/not playing at all.   even if Miami is this juggernaut that you say they are he is still well positioned to make the playoffs with a defense that is much more likely to improve going forward than regress.  How does Miami playing great make our coaching staff worse lol I still can't comprehend that.  

Also how is the path to the division being permanently shut in the future based on a dolphins 2020 winning streak haha this is an incredible take...is it a guarantee that Miami is going to draft great players? Are they somehow not constrained by the salary cap like every other team?  What recent dolphins draft picks have done anything?

Tua hasn't proven anything yet..Christian Wilkins is ehh, Michael deiter does nothing, Isaiah prince is gone, Austin Jackson is bad, igbinoghene is terrible, Robert hunt is bad, raekwon davis hasn't done anything, the list goes on.  Miami is the team who's window is now and closing you have it backwards.  You need your guys on rookie contracts to consistently  ball out or an elite quarterback that can put the team on his back to have some kind of epic patriots-esque dynasty and at this point they may have neither but we will see.  They traded a lot of top talent to acquire draft capital and did absolutely nothing with it...imagine if they had Minkah Fitzpatrick right now my goodness

People have this notion that a rookie qb is going to consistently improve week after week and that is far from the case

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Pirate Angel said:

FFS, it was a hell of a play by Hopkins, This coaching  staff is on their way to the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 yrs...STFU

We got beaten by a good team on the road, decimated by injuries and Covid, and it took what may be the play of the year to do it. It’s not like it was a blown coverage and he was running all alone. It was just an AMAZING play by a great player. It happens. Crazy stuff, but it happens. 

It stings, but I’ll survive.