Who is your favorite Bills free agent acquisition/trade of all time?

I love what Diggs is doing of course....he's up there.

#1 for me, Takeo Spikes.  I knew he was an upcoming FA with the Bengals, Bills fans did too.  Remember the fans clapping when he made a tackle?  When I saw we signed him, I was pumped.  This was before I was on message boards and just went to ESPN on the computers in my college cafeteria.  

I was also a big fan of the London Fletcher acquisition.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Honestly, Bennett and Diggs are excellent choices...but give some consideration to Mario Williams.  He really was a very good player for us, before his final season.  True, ultimately, the team didn't win enough in the end, but Williams, headcase that he was, was a very productive player for us 3 of his 4 seasons...45 sacks in 4 years is nothing to skoff at.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

For a trade, having been at that last (at least last home game, think it was last game) of that year vs. Cincy with my then GF/now wife, I also have to say Takeo. I remember people chanting for him in the stadium after the game basically saying come to Buffalo, and he loved it. Then he did. Pretty cool.

Edited by Golden*Wheels

Takeo Spikes.  I remember us courting him the season before and him pandering to the fans. 

I honestly don't remember the Biscuit FA signing very well. 

I love Diggs on the team, but had hesitations based on how he handled himself in Minnesota.  Very happy to be proven wrong to this point

• Like (+1) 1

Favorite trade is Cornelius Bennett. That trade is difficult to top for the Bills, although I am loving the Stefon Diggs trade. The trades for Jerry Hughes & LeSean McCoy were real beauties.

Favorite free agent is Ted Washington. He was a very key player for one of the toughest defense's the Bills ever had.

It's a tough call to choose just one, because I also loved the acquisitions of Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher & Chris Spielman.

4 minutes ago, Golden*Wheels said:

For a trade, having been at that last (at least last home game, think it was last game) of that year vs. Cincy with my then GF/now wife, I also have to say Takeo. I remember people chanting for him in the stadium after the game basically saying come to Buffalo, and he loved it. Then he did. Pretty cool.

Spikes was a free agent.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Takeo Spikes.  I remember us courting him the season before and him pandering to the fans. 

I honestly don't remember the Biscuit FA signing very well. 

I love Diggs on the team, but had hesitations based on how he handled himself in Minnesota.  Very happy to be proven wrong to this point

You don't remember it, because we got him in a trade. :D

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 6

Hard to argue with Bennett in terms of trade and Paup for free agent. Acquiring Tasker on waivers is also way up there. Diggs is a great trade that will probably be good for both teams, that one was very fair. 

Jerry Hughes trade was a good one, a trade from long ago that I really liked was for Frank Lewis. I think the Bills traded damaged goods Paul Seymour for him. 

Two other free agent signings - Lofton who was already mentioned, and Ted Washington.

• Like (+1) 1