PFF mid season all pro team

ILBillsfan

39 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

The people still trying to herald cam are getting to be amusing. Sometimes, I make the mistake of going to pft and watched their show with florio and the other talking about what an amazing performance cam had against the Jets... like really? I watched that game and while he was completing passes... nothing about that performance was something I'd look at and be like, 'We're ok at QB'

Cam was done 2 years 

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So.........the Vikings might not think they got their grapes squeezed by Beane?:o

Preposterous!!

Jefferson has a significantly higher yards per reception,  completion percentage and of course less drops.

Diggs has had the dropsies and while he has caught a lot of 20+ passes that is a bit of a misleading stat.......he hasn't been a deep threat like he was last year in Minnesota(which was the only year he was a big deep threat really).

As good as Diggs is at what he does......getting open quick in short and intermediate routes........he really needs a field stretcher opposite him or he can be turned into a low ypc receiver.

You're talking about the league leader in receptions and receiving yards...

2 hours ago, ILBillsfan said:

I know I know it't PFF but a there is a Buffalo Bill on this list and it's probably a person that has been overlooked this year.  Nope not Allen, Diggs or Poyer its Daryl Williams.  Great off season signing by the Bills has really been playing outstanding this year.  I really think Diggs has been overlooked some and should of been named to at least the second team as well but there are a lot of great receivers just odd to see the rookie Jefferson(who the vikings drafted to replace Diggs) on the second team.

Still a good read and I do put much more weight on their line grades than some of the others. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

Interesting. Thanks.

I knew he was doing well, it's interesting to hear they think it's that well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's what I call "the DK double".

Drafted Ford instead of DK Metcalf and Ford's disappointing play at RT pushed the non-tackle-versatile Teller down the depth chart........facilitating the trade.

Consequences of reaching for need at a position of lesser value early in a draft.

Yeah i forgot that and it makes sense.  I have been dead wrong on Ford, i guess i bought into the hype from the Bills about how they were praying he would drop to them blah blah blah.  Anyway i gave him one year and thought well tackle didnt work out, guard will be his bail out, well that certainly failed.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Really pathetic to see Wyatt Teller there as the second best right guard.  With as horrific as our guard play has been this year, can someone remind me who we let why we let Teller go?

He got lost in a numbers game here. As he wasn't good enough to start and we had guys we felt were as good as him on the bench besides we got two picks from him which if not mistaken were parlayed as part of the Diggs trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

PFF myopically uses it's statistical model to compile this lists and that's fine IF their "statistical model" would truly evaluate a players worth.

Football is a team sport with the largest amount of players on the field compared to any other BIG 4 sports in the US.

The Diggs ranking is directly in line with PFF's limited model and should only be used to judge a players worth with the measuring tools they use.

I'll end this by saying 2 things that Diggs brings that are not measured.

1.  Diggs is showing that he is a team player by running and winning routes that benefit the team first.

2.  Anybody not seeing a direct line from Diggs being on this team to Josh Allen's growth this year as a QB knows nothing about football.

I seriously can't see a better fit than Diggs coming to the Buffalo Bills at this particular time and no one can change my mind on this. 

EDIT:  After just hearing Josh in his presser today talk about Diggs I "double down" on what I said above.

Edited by ColoradoBills

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is this full season thus far?

Trubisky, Goff, Darnold, Rivers, Cam on any list of 2020 positives is simply a joke irrespective of Allen.  How are those guys ahead of Ben R, Murray, Brees?

No, this was after the Dolphins game.  They said he was the 12th best QB that day.  Allen was probably the best QB of the day that day and PFF had him middle of the pack.

This happened to Aaron Rodgers years ago.  He had gaudy numbers that day and PFF graded him really low....like a D.

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Is this full season thus far?

Trubisky, Goff, Darnold, Rivers, Cam on any list of 2020 positives is simply a joke irrespective of Allen.  How are those guys ahead of Ben R, Murray, Brees?

No that was his ranking week 2 vs. Miami when he only mustered 417 yards & 4 tds......

And again not respected by the national media.....  QB Ranking after week 9....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-10-qb-power-rankings-justin-herbert-cracks-top-10-patrick-mahomes-reclaims-top-spot/?ftag=SNL-04-10aaa0c&ET_CID=140767&ET_RID=12778099

Edited by Billsfan1972

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Usually when trading disgruntled, highly paid vets one side appears to swindle the other initially.........then it turns out one-sided for at least one of the parties.......so gotta' disagree.

If Beane had made the Vikings end of the deal the topic here would be "Great deal........or Best Deal Ever".:lol:

We know this because that was the sentiment from many here after the Bills traded the Mahomes pick for a coupla' ones.

Ultimately it's just a swap of good WR's.........nothing franchise altering.........no real loser in the trade but the outlook for Minnesota's end is brighter and a lot cheaper.

I'm just going to go 1-4 on this because I disagree with every sentence you wrote lol

Nevermind lol I don't care to argue (I just deleted everything I wrote), you won't change your mind and your love of trashing everything Bills because you are so much smarter is coming off much poorer than usual at 7-2 with a big win over the Seahawks!

Go Bills I hope you can enjoy this season at least a little....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Diggs is just 30th in receiving TD's and 51st in ypc though.

And while he's having a great year........the Bills have also played 9 games........DK Metcalf is averaging almost 10 yards more per game more but the Rain City B*tch Pigeons have only played 8 games so far.

Jefferson is getting love because of explosiveness and efficiency........which are areas where Diggs scores decidedly lower.

Jefferson is 2nd in the NFL in ypc(18.4) and 15th in total receiving yards.......thru 8 games........ and has a significantly higher completion %(rec/tgs) than Diggs, who has had a lot of drops.

Lotta' big # receivers this year so lotta' competition for accolades.

7 hours ago, eball said:

I don’t recall you calling for the drafting of Metcalf...quite the opposite, actually.  But never let an opportunity go by to get a dig in at Beane and McD!  It’s what you do.  Must be difficult seeing all of your previous criticisms go by the wayside, one by one....

@GunnerBill and @thebandit27 do y'all remember me not wanting them Bills to draft DK Metcalf? :lol:

6 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Diggs works for us very well. He’s the best WR we’ve had in years. His presence alone commands respect from opposition. Hes worth the pick. The outlook for Minnesota isnt brighter - theyre 3-5 and we’re 7-2. Thats franchise altering. 

Oh I agree he has been a good addition and the outlook for the Bills franchise is very good because Josh Allen >>>>>>>>>Kirk Cousins.

But yeah,  Jefferson is proving to be one of the most impressive WR's in an amazing class of them.............as a rookie he is on pace for a better season than Diggs ever had in Minnesota.......and Jefferson will cost less over the 4 year term of his rookie deal than Diggs is costing the Bills just this season!  :lol:   That's what I am talking about.   Not how much better Josh Allen is than what the Vikings have at QB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, MJS said:

I don’t think he realizes those two points..,

PFF is aptly named because it's the sound I make with my mouth whenever they're brought up.

Justin Jefferson is an awesome rookie, maybe even OROTY, but his impact has largely been in 2 huge games.  In 5 out of 8 games he has 3 receptions or fewer.  Diggs' impact is twice as big at least.

Also, some people talk as if we traded away Jefferson for Diggs.  Unless you can see into the parallel universe where we specifically take Jefferson with that pick, we traded the pick.  

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

@GunnerBill and @thebandit27 do y'all remember me not wanting them Bills to draft DK Metcalf? :lol:

Nah you were all over drafting DK especially day two. I remember you saying the morning of day 2 you would trade up to #33 and take him.

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Oh I agree he has been a good addition and the outlook for the Bills franchise is very good because Josh Allen >>>>>>>>>Kirk Cousins.

But yeah,  Jefferson is proving to be one of the most impressive WR's in an amazing class of them.............as a rookie he is on pace for a better season than Diggs ever had in Minnesota.......and Jefferson will cost less over the 4 year term of his rookie deal than Diggs is costing the Bills just this season!  :lol:   That's what I am talking about.   Not how much better Josh Allen is than what the Vikings have at QB.

I am still not sold on Jefferson as a top end difference maker. I certainly wouldn't swap Diggs for him even taking cost into account and I wouldn't swap any of the other top rookie WRs for him even though he is out producing them yardage wise. 

He can play Jefferson, he is smooth, runs good routes, and has good hands... but he is still best from the slot though I confess he has done better outside than I expected. He is definitely benefitting from the strong running game and heavy play action. In summary I think he is good. Diggs is a difference maker. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah you were all over drafting DK especially day two. I remember you saying the morning of day 2 you would trade up to #33 and take him.

I am still not sold on Jefferson as a top end difference maker. I certainly wouldn't swap Diggs for him even taking cost into account and I wouldn't swap any of the other top rookie WRs for him even though he is out producing them yardage wise. 

He can play Jefferson, he is smooth, runs good routes, and has good hands... but he is still best from the slot though I confess he has done better outside than I expected. He is definitely benefitting from the strong running game and heavy play action. In summary I think he is good. Diggs is a difference maker. 

I like Diggs a lot but we will revisit those trade options when Diggs agrees to end his holdout for his new deal $18-22M per year, cap crushing deal next August.;)

I had to stop at comparing Jefferson's $13.5M total contract value to Diggs $14.5M 2020 money because it's going WAY north of that very shortly.:lol:

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I like Diggs a lot but we will revisit those trade options when Diggs agrees to end his holdout for his new deal $18-22M per year, cap crushing deal next August.;)

I had to stop at comparing Jefferson's $13.5M total contract value to Diggs $14.5M 2020 money because it's going WAY north of that very shortly.:lol:

Diggs will likely get a pay rise, sure. But you want the best players you have to pay them. And Diggs is one of the best receivers in the league. Jefferson isn't. I am still sceptical that he will ever be that but we shall see. The Bills did not need another "good" wide receiver. They needed a true difference maker who changed the way every defense game planned to stop our offense. Stefon Diggs has done that.