PFF mid season all pro team

ILBillsfan

I know I know it't PFF but a there is a Buffalo Bill on this list and it's probably a person that has been overlooked this year.  Nope not Allen, Diggs or Poyer its Daryl Williams.  Great off season signing by the Bills has really been playing outstanding this year.  I really think Diggs has been overlooked some and should of been named to at least the second team as well but there are a lot of great receivers just odd to see the rookie Jefferson(who the vikings drafted to replace Diggs) on the second team.

Still a good read and I do put much more weight on their line grades than some of the others. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

• Haha (+1) 2

I could make an argument for a lot of what they selected so I won't hate on it too much. (Except for listing Justin Jefferson as a top 4 WR in the league GTFO) The big miss here is Poyer I think. Leaving him out is criminal. 

Nice work DW!!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Mango said:

I could make an argument for a lot of what they selected so I won't hate on it too much. (Except for listing Justin Jefferson as a top 4 WR in the league GTFO) The big miss here is Poyer I think. Leaving him out is criminal. 

Nice work DW!!!!!

I definitely agree Diggs is being overlooked as well as Poyer

10 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So the league leader in receptions and yards isn’t even on the 2nd team? Seems rather ridiculous to me

It’s Pff, would you expect different? That outfits head is so far up its azs it will never see the light of day, 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

I know I know it't PFF but a there is a Buffalo Bill on this list and it's probably a person that has been overlooked this year.  Nope not Allen, Diggs or Poyer its Daryl Williams.  Great off season signing by the Bills has really been playing outstanding this year.  I really think Diggs has been overlooked some and should of been named to at least the second team as well but there are a lot of great receivers just odd to see the rookie Jefferson(who the vikings drafted to replace Diggs) on the second team.

Still a good read and I do put much more weight on their line grades than some of the others. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

I think OL can be harder to evaluate than a lot of other positions because we don't know what the line calls are on every play....sure it might look like a guy missed a block but what if he made the right play by blocking the man he was supposed to and the guy next to him screwed up because that was his guy? What if he correctly slides right or left and the guy next to him doesn't? He looks like he just let a man run free at the QB but that wasn't his fault...

He gets dinged but he actually did what he was supposed to do...it is virtually impossible to figure these things out with any real degree of accuracy...the most you can really do is see how they perform in obvious blocking situations where it's one on one with the guy across from him or in run blocking...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I think OL can be harder to evaluate than a lot of other positions because we don't know what the line calls are on every play....sure it might look like a guy missed a block but what if he made the right play by blocking the man he was supposed to and the guy next to him screwed up because that was his guy? What if he correctly slides right or left and the guy next to him doesn't? He looks like he just let a man run free at the QB but that wasn't his fault...

He gets dinged but he actually did what he was supposed to do...it is virtually impossible to figure these things out with any real degree of accuracy...the most you can really do is see how they perform in obvious blocking situations where it's one on one with the guy across from him or in run blocking...

agree but I think we can all agree he has been pretty solid at RT compared to last year the rotation of Ford and Neshke.  Good to see some recognition and it's even better when it's form the hated PFF group :)

2 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

agree but I think we can all agree he has been pretty solid at RT compared to last year the rotation of Ford and Neshke.  Good to see some recognition and it's even better when it's form the hated PFF group :)

When you rarely notice a guy on the OLine, that’s a very good thing. What a pleasant find after so much struggling at that position! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Oh for sure Williams has been a huge upgrade...and especially over when we had Mills who basically used to make the QB scramble pretty much every play before making a throw

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Really pathetic to see Wyatt Teller there as the second best right guard.  With as horrific as our guard play has been this year, can someone remind me who we let why we let Teller go?

Because he wasn’t this good when we had him and our system is much different than what Stefanski runs.  

42 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

So the league leader in receptions and yards isn’t even on the 2nd team? Seems rather ridiculous to me

Ridiculous.  Jefferson and Keenan Allen....LOL

45 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Andre Roberts as well since he's leading the league in yards/return

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Josh behind Cam the Scam is an absolute joke. One of many, I suppose.  Yes, garbage indeed. 

^^^ is why I never click on anything that PFF posts.      

14 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Really pathetic to see Wyatt Teller there as the second best right guard.  With as horrific as our guard play has been this year, can someone remind me who we let why we let Teller go?

It's what I call "the DK double".

Drafted Ford instead of DK Metcalf and Ford's disappointing play at RT pushed the non-tackle-versatile Teller down the depth chart........facilitating the trade.

Consequences of reaching for need at a position of lesser value early in a draft.

• Like (+1) 4