Is Tua hype the new Darnold hype?

whatdrought

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The Cardinal announcers were praising Tua, but mentioned that he looks very different when they got pressure on him.  

Without pressure, Tua was carving them up.   

With pressure, he had some errant throws.  

It’s only two games, so who knows how he turns out, but that’s certainly very Darnold-like, before the Jets took a sledgehammer to his career.  

he did seem to go down easily on a couple of sacks

Yes, I'm listening to Colin Cowherd now and the Tua spin is in full effect

"If Miami played Buffalo tomorrow, I'm taking Miami"

I watched the 2nd half of Tua's game yesterday and there was 1 main thing that stuck out to me:

His arm strength is really bad.  I was actually shocked at how bad a few of his balls looked coming out especially when he's pressured.  When he does up against a defense that can pressure I think hes going to look lost.  Hes young and has some ability to pick up 1sts with his legs, but his lack of size, and arm strength is not a combo Id want in a QB I'm looking to build around

21 minutes ago, Estro said:

Yes, I'm listening to Colin Cowherd now and the Tua spin is in full effect

"If Miami played Buffalo tomorrow, I'm taking Miami"

I watched the 2nd half of Tua's game yesterday and there was 1 main thing that stuck out to me:

His arm strength is really bad.  I was actually shocked at how bad a few of his balls looked coming out especially when he's pressured.  When he does up against a defense that can pressure I think hes going to look lost.  Hes young and has some ability to pick up 1sts with his legs, but his lack of size, and arm strength is not a combo Id want in a QB I'm looking to build around

🙃Homer reaction.. Tua will be a constant All-Pro within 2-3 years. Most accurate passer I have ever seen. His arm strength is better than Brees and he's done just fine. Puhllllllease with this. You sound a little scared that after the Jets grab Trevor Lawrence next year that, the Bills will have the 3rd best QB in the division.

5 hours ago, whatdrought said:

It’s not about not enjoying the game... but seeing the media’s reaction to the game is part of that. 

tell me Darnold wasn’t artificially propped up by the media the past few years while Allen has to work twice as hard to get respect?

🤣. Need a tissue ?

Nick Wright on “first things first” always has some gems... this mornings was Allen’s game doesn’t mean a thing because it was against the Seahawks defense and Tua is already the best QB in the East. 

This was coming from a guy that, just 2 weeks ago, praised Kyler Murray for out dueling Wilson.... but Allen’s game doesn’t count. 

Impressive takes. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Maybe im a homer, but for two years I have been annoyed by media falling all over Darnold while hating on Allen. If Darnold sucked, it was his surrounding cast taking the blame. If Allen did something wrong it was “well we knew he was inconsistent coming out.”

Well now Darnold is done and Allen is a bonafide star, so you would think the positive energy would go towards Allen... right?

But so far, after yesterday, here’s what I’m seeing:

”Seattle’s defense is so bad and really allowed Allen to work.”

”My god!! Did you see Tua? That was ***** amazing!”

am I imagining this? 

I watched a fair amount the the fish game yesterday and some in previous weeks. Tua is improving steadily every week and played well in a tight game pressure situation yesterday.

In terms of Seattle's D yesterday, I found myself wondering even with Wilson, how could a team have 6 wins with essentially a high school level defense.

The hardest decision for Josh yesterday was which wide open receiver to throw to.

Basically Tua is the shiny new QB in a market far more popular than Buffalo.  If this sort of thing pisses you off, prepare to be pissed off a lot ;)

Time after time after time, a quarterback comes barnstorming onto the scene, dicing up defenses and destroying the opposition, and everyone in the media declares them "the next big thing". Time after time after time, defenses get tape on the new gunslinger, figure out his weaknesses, and start limiting his effectiveness. 

We saw it with Mayfield, we saw it with Lamar Jackson, we saw it Trubisky...it happens again and again, and analysts never learn from their mistakes.

Could Tua be great in this league? Absolutely! He may well have a bright future, and we may well be in for a decade+ of Allen vs Tua for AFC East supremacy. 

Am I willing to crown him after two games, though? Absolutely not. Let's see how he does the rest of this season, and then how he does next season, once opposing coaches have 10 games of tape on him. For the record, I think Tua WILL be a very good QB in this league, but it is waaaay too early to state it as a certainty.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nucci said:

why can't you guys just enjoy the game? That game was great to watch and both QBs made a lot of plays

Yeah, I agree. Tua being good and people saying good things about him doesn't mean that Allen is bad or people think badly of Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

"Tuna"....from Alabsma

This is my new nickname for the rookie, lol.

Thank you

He does show some magic, though. Like Josh did his first year. Gonna take time.

I hope "Tuna" fails though 

HA! Love the name.  I see the Dolphins this year as the Bills last year.  Great defense with a young QB who shows flashes, just need a few more pieces to finish the puzzle.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Duck Hodges had a QB rating over 100 for his first few games.

His last 3 averaged around 42.

Tua is a much better athlete of course but what happened to the Duck was tape and it takes only 1 team's defense to find a weakness.

Tua has way more to prove.

*Weak*  Comparing one of the most talented college QB's EVER to a Duck.

16 minutes ago, MOVALLEYRANDY said:

*Weak*  Comparing one of the most talented college QB's EVER to a Duck.

I've seen trolls.  And I've seen trolls...but MAN I have never seen a troll like this.  Troll's gonna troll.  It's beyond a doubt your right to post here, but why do you bother posting on an opposing team's message board?  Serious question.  I just would love to get into the mind of someone who would find that interesting...

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, CIrvine said:

I’d like to know why Mayfield still gets commercial endorsements.

He's likely under a long term contract and the advertisers keep it going since people recognize his face or the ads are working. As I admit the dropping the keys at the gate with groceries is entertaining. 

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Keep the same aggressive game plan against Tua like you did with Wilson.  If Wilson makes mistakes, certainly Tua will make mistakes.

People on this board need to watch more college football. 

Tua was a monster at the highest college level.   

He is the real deal, as I've said many times.    He and Josh will be dukin' it out for many years to come.   It will be fun, bc both are great players to watch play. 

Prior to his injury Tua was the most hyped QB prospect since Luck, and unlike with Allen the media hasn't seen him struggle (at any level). It shouldn't be a surprise that people are going nuts after he had a good game.