Is Tua hype the new Darnold hype?

whatdrought

5 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

We waited 20 years for Brady to leave the division and when we finally have found our franchise QB the dolphins look on the rise and jets will probably draft the best QB prospect of all time 

Put me in the minority on this: I am not huge on Trevor Lawrence in the NFL

Flat out need more time to understand what Tuna is. He's shiny and new and makes a good story.  The Dolphins, as many of us have spoke of are on the rise. They are a well coached team and the FO is solid. Tuna is an accurate passer that needs more time to develop while staying healthy. 

Get ready for the 90's Marino and Kelly all over again. I look forward to it in all honesty. 

Sure as hell beats the Pats dynasty both clubs have had to deal with forever. 

Edited by Real McNasty

On 11/9/2020 at 9:25 AM, Virgil said:

As for Tua, rookies make headlines and bring clicks.  Tua has a huge following from college, so I get it.  However, I'm also not sold on his hype train yet.  From my limited viewership of him, he seems to have a slow release and getting the ball out fast.  I'm surprised he hasn't thrown more picks to defenders just sitting on him.  Once teams have 4-5 games on tape, I'll be very curious to see how he does. 

I'm not even sure what the bolded means but "slow release?" He gets the ball out quicker that most experienced QBs in the NFL, this after 3 games. Don't get me wrong, he is far from a finished product, because ultimately he is still an inexperienced kid. 

I'm not going to compare him to Josh because it isn't fair. Josh is more experienced, is more physically gifted, and has better weapons. These things are pretty much beyond dispute. And Tua will have his struggles down the road, but quick release will not be one of them. 

On 11/13/2020 at 7:04 PM, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not worried one bit. Fitz was putting up great numbers as well. Dolphins are looking good, but I don't see any huge jumps in the short or long term on account of Tua.

Sure. Tua's ceiling is to be about as good as Fitz. Getting drafted in the top 5 after a major injury was just a fluke.

Now I get it. 

On 11/13/2020 at 11:57 AM, DaggersEOD said:

I don't think either of those games would've even been close if Fitz was in.  That's why I was surprised to hear them say it that way.

And you might be right. That said, Fitz might also have thrown 3 picks and failed to deliver. It isn't as if this never happened.

I think that many of us have (and I'm not sure why) lost sight of who Fitz is. He is a 38 year old journeyman while a good backup, smart player and nice guy. He is also completely limited. Even in his prime, he had to fully step into deep balls and even fastballs due to his servere lack on NFL quality arm strength. If he is/was as good many now profess him to be, why was he cut by just so many teams?

I'm sorry, I suppose I have too many game killing interceptions that Fitz threw etched in my brain.