When McDermott talks about games, does he sound passive?

38 minutes ago, TH3 said:

This is concerning....McDerrmott back on the hot seat!

I say again.  TBD put Daboll on the "hot seat" prior to the season opener and just look at the first 4 games!

Obviously being on the "hot seat" is beneficial for Bills coaches.  McDermott should be on the "hot seat" and Daboll should go back on!  Hot seat For the Win!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

And that he wouldn’t care for passive speakers like Bill Belichick. 

Billicheat talks like that for he is practicing for a lie detector test.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I say again.  TBD put Daboll on the "hot seat" prior to the season opener and just look at the first 4 games!

Obviously being on the "hot seat" is beneficial for Bills coaches.  McDermott should be on the "hot seat" and Daboll should go back on!  Hot seat For the Win!

If TDB put @Billsfan1972 on hot seat would that get better posts?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This has been my concern, particularly when talking about teams "on par" or perceived better then Buffalo.  And this goes back to day 1.  However now I consider the Bills a good/very good team.  

When they talk about the game it seems always that the Bills have to limit the opposition and control the flow of the game to minimize their "chances".  

They always sound passive.  I know it is about not offering "bulletin board" material, but then the Bills go out and play "scared" imo.  This was so evident last year vs. Baltimore, Pitt & many other games.  Last week too vs. NE, they should have put up 30+, but were commited to the ground game & let NE (vastly inferior team) stick around & almost pull it out.  

Seattle is a perfect example & let's see how it plays out.  The Seahawks are on the road, one of the worst defenses in the NFL that has been shredded every week through the air and this week should be absolutely no different.

If it plays to script the Bills should be prepared that Seattle will score 30+ & the Bills should game plan and prepare to score 40+.  

However if they try to play like they did vs. NE, KC or Tenn they will be beaten.

I expect the Bills to win, but only if they score 35+.

How he sounds in press conference is right up there with the amount of dust on the stadium seats in terms of impact on the game and discussion-worthiness.

He's fine and the Bills haven't played passive. They're 6-2 and wouldn't be if they'd played passive. Next time you might take up the brand name of the headsets and the effect that has on the team's mindset.

Edited by Thurman#1

17 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

How he sounds in press conference is right up there with the amount of dust on the stadium seats in terms of impact on the game and discussion-worthiness.

He's fine and the Bills haven't played passive. They're 6-2 and wouldn't be if they'd played passive. Next time you might take up the brand name of the headsets and the effect that has on the team's mindset.

Agree to disagree.  They've been very passive the past 4 weeks.  But give them credit they're 6-2.

Yes the next two games vs. bad D's are litmus  tests.

Seattle has allowed 434 (Ryan), 397 (Newton), 461 (Dak), 312 (Fitz), 248 (Cousins), 360 (Murray), 299 (49'ers JV Offense).....  If McD isn't looking for 350 passing minimum, that will tell you all you need.

McD’s whole mindset and attitude seems very passive...I’ve said the only difference between Dick Jauron and McD is that Jauron was a corpse on the sideline and McD claps his ass off...other than that they appear to be very similar in many ways...

im not sure we will ever be able to win a title with McD...his personality comes off as a people pleaser instead of ass kicker...he doesn’t seem to have a killer mentality...

Edited by JaCrispy

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I know it is about not offering "bulletin board" material, but then the Bills go out and play "scared" imo. 

I disagree that the team goes out and plays scared based on the tone of their coach.

These are well paid professional athletes. The best of the best. They show up day in and day out and turn in the best possibly they can.

(maybe with the exception of Billy Joe Hobert)

9 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

This has been my concern, particularly when talking about teams "on par" or perceived better then Buffalo.  And this goes back to day 1.  However now I consider the Bills a good/very good team.  

When they talk about the game it seems always that the Bills have to limit the opposition and control the flow of the game to minimize their "chances".  

They always sound passive.  I know it is about not offering "bulletin board" material, but then the Bills go out and play "scared" imo.  This was so evident last year vs. Baltimore, Pitt & many other games.  Last week too vs. NE, they should have put up 30+, but were commited to the ground game & let NE (vastly inferior team) stick around & almost pull it out.  

Seattle is a perfect example & let's see how it plays out.  The Seahawks are on the road, one of the worst defenses in the NFL that has been shredded every week through the air and this week should be absolutely no different.

If it plays to script the Bills should be prepared that Seattle will score 30+ & the Bills should game plan and prepare to score 40+.  

However if they try to play like they did vs. NE, KC or Tenn they will be beaten.

I expect the Bills to win, but only if they score 35+.

No, but I am concerned about certain Trolls that like to start worthless threads.  Seems to be several after the Pats Win.  😥

9 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Why be such a ******* passive ****? Gameplan to score 80 or just go be a **** **** somewhere else because the NFL isn't for you!

Well considering the Seahawks lowest point production this year is 27 & they are averaging 35 ponts a game, any coach would have to think they better score 35+ to win.

But I'm sure McD has different plans with his D.....

13 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

II don't think they played scared.  They were just bad on defense.  They couldn't stop the Patriots offense even though it was lousy.   

11 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

Such an odd criticism. Passive? So you want him to be...animated? You want him to make bold statements? Sorry, I don't get it.

He wants bravado from the coach and not the respectful tone that most good coaches use. 

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It has come to this? Attacking the coach for his press conference coach speak? What they say to the media has nothing to do with how they play on game day.

3 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Well considering the Seahawks lowest point production this year is 27 & they are averaging 35 ponts a game, any coach would have to think they better score 35+ to win.

And do you approve of the Seattle coach's press conferences? Has Pete Carroll removed all passive speech from his answers?

And the Patriots have been struggling. I bet it's because Bill Belichick has dropped the ball on his media responsibilities. He needs to change his tone.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Rational coaches give coach speak.  Idiots like Wrex and Greg Williams bark and use air horns.  McD is the best coach we’ve had since Wade.  Not saying Wade is better, just he was our last decent coach.

Maybe I just wasn't nuanced/subtle enough.  Just once after a game, I'd like to hear "We knew we needed to score a lot vs. this team and went out there prepared to trade blows".  

Always however it is defensive soundbites about "containing the other team", because McD doesn't think the offense is good enough or that the Bills are on par with them.

Play KC & they play like the scared underdog.  They even talked that way after NE....

Edited by Billsfan1972

20 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Told you that you're a *******

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Maybe I just wasn't nuanced/subtle enough.  Just once after a game, I'd like to hear "We knew we needed to score a lot vs. this team and went out there prepared to trade blows".  

Always however it is defensive soundbites about "containing the other team", because McD doesn't think the offense is good enough or that the Bills are on par with them.

Play KC & they play like the scared underdog.  They even talked that way after NE....

Maybe you are just something .......  not nuanced or subtle.

Troll

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 2