Vic Beasley will be cut...

Hebert19

I don’t see him as a real fit in Buffalo.  He has traditionally been more of a rush OLB on 3-4 teams I don’t think he can truly play DE to replace Murphy and I do not think he is a real Klein replacement.

I could see a team like Pittsburgh plop him on the PS as an extra pass rushing body for later in the season.  That is a much better fit for Beasley as a player.

I would love to give him a shot at the very least.  We already know our current LB's are trash at tackling.  At least Beasley had a few years with quite a few sacks, what have ours done as far as getting to the QB as of late, other than whiffing on tackles?  Scheme fit or not, what we have now is not working.  

• Like (+1) 1

Don't know just what is going on with this guy mentally but if he's on his game he could be a major upgrade. He can play the run well enuf, can certainly pressure the passer and can drop into coverage. I can see it as a fit for SMs D since his gap management, when he's got the horses, is aggressive/penetrating and the secondary relies upon the front seven to pressure the QB, sort of like the Falcons during Beasley's tenure there. I could see him leveraging off Hughes like he did Freeney in his league leading sack year. If hes just fallen off the deep end then agree he's useless, but if he actually wants to play he certainly can.

8 hours ago, ngbills said:

The Bills are desperate on D. They should be looking at all options especially ones that are 1 year deals. Nothing to lose. 

Exactly. Our current defense is in no position to turn away from any acquisition. He can't possibly be any worse than Klein or Murphy. Just stick him on the other side of Jerry on a low end contract and maybe we get a little glimmer of 2019 Vic. We're definitely not going to get the 2016 version. I feel like we've done nothing to upgrade this reshuffled defensive disaster.

55 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly. Our current defense is in no position to turn away from any acquisition. He can't possibly be any worse than Klein or Murphy. Just stick him on the other side of Jerry on a low end contract and maybe we get a little glimmer of 2019 Vic. We're definitely not going to get the 2016 version. I feel like we've done nothing to upgrade this reshuffled defensive disaster.

This.   I repeat anything that keeps Klein off the field.   Weather its Beasley or Lee.  I don't care.  It's worth a look at anything that prevents Klein from playing another damn down. 

13 hours ago, metbill said:

I would love to give him a shot at the very least.  We already know our current LB's are trash at tackling.  At least Beasley had a few years with quite a few sacks, what have ours done as far as getting to the QB as of late, other than whiffing on tackles?  Scheme fit or not, what we have now is not working.  

Ours have been getting tackles and sacking better than him.  He has been terrible this year. 

This would the kind of change you make because rioters with pitchforks and torches have your families hostage.

12 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

This.   I repeat anything that keeps Klein off the field.   Weather its Beasley or Lee.  I don't care.  It's worth a look at anything that prevents Klein from playing another damn down. 

Be careful what you wish for! This would be a classic grass is always greener type of thing...also doesn't seem like much of a process type guy. I also still remember the constant shellacking he took on talk radio here locally while flaming out with the Falcons.

https://cceverybody.com/2020/11/04/vic-beasley-was-a-massive-9-5-million-bust-for-titans/