Ok This Dolphins talk is getting out of hand.

It’s the national media Tua newest toy approach. Easy and lazy journalism. I prefer when the Bills are under the radar. If Bills beat the Cards and go to 8-2 we are in unreal position. No easy task. Chargers or Bengals will upset the Dolphins as it’s hard to win 5-6 in a row in NFL. Really like what the Dolphins are doing. I still think pulling Fitz was a mistake. We shall see. 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That must have been written by some guy with a high football IQ!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-8-takeaways-give-it-up-for-the-dolphins-the-best-team-in-the-afc-east-183728407.html   Week 8 takeaways: The Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East

How is it we have one win in our last 4 weeks, yet we are 6-2?

Posted Images

It won't be until 4 or 5 games when DCs have enough tape to come up with specific gameplans to stop Tua that we will truly know how good he is this year.

Right now there isn't enough tape out there and the first 4 games are always the easiest for a young QB to look good in since teams don't have any real info on him yet.

Once teams can gameplan against him we will see what he has. And he may still be really good. But it's far too early to just assume that after 2 games.

We get them week 17 in Buffalo and I think we will have something for them then.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 3
17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

It won't be until 4 or 5 games when DCs have enough tape to come up with specific gameplans to stop Tua that we will truly know how good he is this year.

Right now there isn't enough tape out there and the first 4 games are always the easiest for a young QB to look good in since teams don't have any real info on him yet.

Once teams can gameplan against him we will see what he has. And he may still be really good. But it's far too early to just assume that after 2 games.

We get them week 17 in Buffalo and I think we will have something for them then.

Yeah on week 17, we’ll see how that thin blood of his holds up in late December in Buffalo. To my knowledge, he hasn’t played in any weather remotely similar to that

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

Yeah on week 17, we’ll see how that thin blood of his holds up in late December in Buffalo. To my knowledge, he hasn’t played in any weather remotely similar to that

Might not be that cold unfortunately...us, like much of the country is supposed to have well above normal temps this winter...I remember several years ago when there were quite a few 50 and 60 degree days here in December...in fact I specifically remember on Christmas Eve being out working in a short sleeve shirt because it was in the mid 60s and sunny...

Hopefully on gameday they get a nice dose of polar vortex tho hahaha

• Like (+1) 1
26 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Might not be that cold unfortunately...us, like much of the country is supposed to have well above normal temps this winter...I remember several years ago when there were quite a few 50 and 60 degree days here in December...in fact I specifically remember on Christmas Eve being out working in a short sleeve shirt because it was in the mid 60s and sunny...

Hopefully on gameday they get a nice dose of polar vortex tho hahaha

Not being a Buffalo native, I didn't think you guys had mild winters like here. Hell, there was a tornado touchdown 15 mins from where I live on Christmas Eve one year. But the absolute coldest I've ever been was a windy, single digit day in Erie, PA. If like you said, Tua gets even a small taste of how cold it gets there, they'll have trouble getting him to come out after halftime. Talk about Dorothy and a long way from home Toto

I think Sal's point being:

Wins are wins, and Tua may be a very good young QB

But let's look at how the Dolphins are winning before we look at the wins and annoint Tua.

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Not being a Buffalo native, I didn't think you guys had mild winters like here. Hell, there was a tornado touchdown 15 mins from where I live on Christmas Eve one year. But the absolute coldest I've ever been was a windy, single digit day in Erie, PA. If like you said, Tua gets even a small taste of how cold it gets there, they'll have trouble getting him to come out after halftime. Talk about Dorothy and a long way from home Toto

I think Flores is a good coach and will have the Dolphins prepared for whatever the weather may be.

It's not as though the Bills have proven themselves to be a weather-impervious tough team quite yet.

The media is going to hype Miami for one reason - money.

Tua comes from Bama, which has one of the largest fan bases in all of college football. If a writer writes about Miami and Tua, he/she will get a ton of clicks. 

The NFL also wants all those college fans’ eyeballs on Miami games. Look at the coverage maps this week. Why is the Miami/Chargers game being shown in the entire state of Alabama and surrounding areas?  I live in Birmingham, and I can tell you that prior to this year, Miami fans were as rare here as Buffalo fans. Now, there is a fair weather contingent of Dolphins fans around the state. 

I think Tua shows he is a rookie in the near future, and maybe this talk will slow down 

• Like (+1) 1

With this loss to the Cardinals going into our bye week, if the Dolphins beat the Broncos next week (which is likely), then they'll be tied for first and they debatably have an easier schedule than us the rest of the season.  I'm pretty confident Buffalo will still make the playoffs, but not so confident we'll win the AFC East...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’ve been calling that for weeks. The dolphins schedule is easy and they actually play very well. It’ll come down to week 17 and I think they can beat us if Tua continues to play well 

On 11/3/2020 at 12:49 AM, Protocal69 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/week-8-takeaways-give-it-up-for-the-dolphins-the-best-team-in-the-afc-east-183728407.html

Week 8 takeaways: The Dolphins are the best team in the AFC East

Jeff Simmons
Mon, November 2, 2020, 1:37 PM EST

The Buffalo Bills’ victory over the New England Patriots was deemed by some as a changing of the guard in the AFC East, but the best team in the division didn’t play in that game. Believe it or not, the best team in the AFC East is the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins are playing at a far higher level than the Bills over the last month, as Josh Allen’s previous issues have resurfaced. Miami has won three straight games, including an impressive 28-17 victory over the Los Angeles Rams in Week 8 with next to no production from rookie QB Tua Tagovailoa in his NFL debut. Alternatively, the Bills have just one win in their last four weeks and needed to force a fumble deep in their own territory to hold off a late surge from the rather underwhelming Patriots.

There is plenty of evidence to support Miami’s legitimacy. The Dolphins’ point differential, an important measure of overall quality, is plus-58 (fifth in AFC), while the Bills, who lead the division with a 6-2 record, have a negative point differential (minus-1), a sign they are winning with an u

nsustainable formula. Buffalo has been disappointing on defense, ranking 29th in the NFL in DVOA, while Miami ranks in the top-10.

Head coach Brian Flores has built a complete team in his second season with Miami. That much was evident Sunday, as they managed to rack up a passing, rushing, special teams and defensive touchdown against the Rams.

The Dolphins will certainly need more from Tagovailoa if they want to pass Buffalo in the standings. The rookie was just 12-of-22 for 93 yards and a touchdown, but Allen wasn’t much better on Sunday, going 11-of-18 for 154 yards with no scores through the air. Allen has not thrown a touchdown over his last two games, while his completion percentage has dropped considerably since his MVP-level start over the first four games.

In the first four games, Josh Allen had 21 completions of 20 yards or more. Over the last four games, he has four completions of 20 yards or more, two to wideouts.

Stefon Diggs had eight catches of 20 yards or more in the first four games, none in the last four.

— Jerry Sullivan (@ByJerrySullivan) November 2, 2020

Right now, Miami is a more complete team than Buffalo from top to bottom and Flores should be in the conversation for coach of the year.

This article is flawed in so many ways:

1st: The BILLS have more than one win in the last 4 weeks (2). The teams the BILLS lost to have 3 combined losses on the season

2nd: The guy wants to mention the point differential being a -1 means that we are not winning in a sustainable way. Ill tell you what, throwing for 93 yards which was what Tua passed for is not sustainable. 

3rd: The guy wants to use a Jerry Sullivan stat regarding Diggs having no 20 yard catches in the last 4 games. Well teams playing 2 high safety will slow down the deep passes so that stat means nothing in context. Last 4 games Diggs is averaging  7 catches 73 yards 

4th: The BILLS are basically 3 games ahead of the Dolphins in the standing. 2.5 games plus tiebreaker. You can never say a team that is 3 games back in the division after 8 weeks is better than the team leading the division. 

Get back to me when the Dolphins beat a team that the Bills have lost to on the schedule. Bills have already beat the Dolphins on the road to make it so bad. These writers will do anything for clicks.

The dolphins are the best team in the division. And the dolphins beat a team that the bills lost to. After next week we’ll be tied 

On 11/14/2020 at 1:17 PM, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think the dolphins will lose 2 of their next 3 games.(kind of a hot take but I believe it, chargers broncos jets)

Sadly they are building a team to be reckoned with. They have come a far way since gase

No they won’t. Already beat the chargers and both the Broncos and Jets are train wrecks. Bills might not even win the division and if they don’t watch out they might not make they playoffs if the Raiders stay hot and the titans do too since they have  

a game in hand with the win

8 minutes ago, unclepete said:

I’ve been calling that for weeks. The dolphins schedule is easy and they actually play very well. It’ll come down to week 17 and I think they can beat us if Tua continues to play well 

The dolphins are the best team in the division. And the dolphins beat a team that the bills lost to. After next week we’ll be tied 

Because they beat an NFC opponent on a missed FG? That’s an...interesting take.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

Because they beat an NFC opponent on a missed FG? That’s an...interesting take.

The field goal would tie the game, now win it. And yes, I just responded to request. The dolphins beat them coming off of a bye too. They continue to win convincingly. 

Lot of football to be played. Despite our faults and inconsistencies I like our team over the rookie led dolphin team. Each week more film comes out on him and he’s playing solid but not exactly lighting the place on fire either. I am not scared of the dolphins yet.