Postgame Thread Bills vs. Patriots

Chandler#81

22 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills played a wounded team, missing their best offensive player Edelman and best Defensive player Gilmore.

A team that lost it's last two games at home scoring all of 18 points.

The Bills were lucky (yes a TO there is a flukish play) to get a last minute fumble to secure the win.

McD coached as many of us are used to seeing (while others see something different), scared, too close to the vest and the inability to put away a vastly inferior opponent.

The first four weeks the Offense had turned the corner and there was a buzz about this team.  The last four is meh at best and back to looking much like McD coached teams 2017-19.

Allen had 18 passes (and really the weather was not that bad).  NE traded punch for punch against a Bills team that on paper should have won by 2 TD's.

But should anyone here question McD & the Process, well let's just not go there......😡

It's a division game.  Division games are always tougher and or different than they look "on paper."  That's why they play them.  Like how top of the league GB lost to bottom of the league Vikes today.

• Like (+1) 2

3 of the top 4 leading tacklers today were in our secondary. Yikes that should be very alarming. Our front seven continues to have major issues. 

Trent Murphy also had no tackles or assist. You just cant have that from your starting DE who also struggles to set the edge. At this point, why not start developing AJ.

Really hope Beane can work a trade to address DL or LB.

6 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

3 of the top 4 leading tacklers today were in our secondary. Yikes that should be very alarming. Our front seven continues to have major issues. 

Trent Murphy also had no tackles or assist. You just cant have that from your starting DE who also struggles to set the edge. At this point, why not start developing AJ.

Murphy and Kline need to be replaced 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

This was a team the Bills should’ve beat down, but I'm so damn happy the won’t. Justin Zimmer with the play of his life. 

Was delightful to see how happy the rest of the team was for him

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

We beat a really bad team in the least convincing way imaginable.

Either you haven't been watching football very long, or your imagination needs a high-T diet to beef it up.

It was, as someone posted upthread, a remarkably even game statistically.  Division rivals are always tough, a couple of their losses have been really really close, and that "bad" team is coached by one of if not the best coaches of all time. 

Since supposedly, the Bills could neither run nor stop the run but in fact we did both, I'll take it.

5 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

How hurt is our center Morse? That was a tough injury on the first play of the game

Concussion.  Since he has a history and basically took a month to come back from the last one, could be bad.  Good News is how seamlessly Feliciano took over at center, having Zero practice snaps with Josh this week.  I love me some Mongo!

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Ummm... that’s every decision. It was a low percentage play with a high risk of giving the bills the ball at midfield. 

In the past the Bills have had  a pattern of being unprepared and giving up big plays on special teams especially if taken by surprise.  We have also relied on Micah Hyde to be our "Hands" guy in those situations.  I think Belicheck saw something on film that added together with Hyde being out and the "surprise" factor, made him feel he was playing a reasonable percentage.  I was delighted he was wrong and we made him pay.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, TFBillsfan said:

Ya you honestly can’t get much quieter of a performance than Murphy today.

Might as well start espenasa. You literally can’t be worse than Murphy.

11 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Win by 1 or 1,000. I loved the win.

We could of won by 50 and yet it still wouldn't make a difference to the negative people on here. I get we have issues that need to be fixed but we just beat a team with arguably the greatest head coach of all time and it does feel good. I swear some of these people are only happy if they can complain, it's really sad to be a fan of football if you cant ever enjoy a win.

Edited by BillzFreak
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 hours ago, gobills404 said:

They're pessimists who would rather be right than have the Bills win

I think they’re realists and can see what’s actually going on. A W against a depleted team at home like this is not good. The last 2 weeks were like getting a D+ on an open book quiz

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Exactly.   It wasn’t a dominating blow out. So what... people need to get over it.  Yes, this team has lots to work on to be elite.  But, they beat the Patriots for the first time in the McDermot era. They’re 6-2.  Multi game lead in the division.   If you can’t enjoy this weekend, why are you watching Bills’ football?

This^^^

I wish the troll fan army here would all become fans of some other team, what a bunch of miserable cry babies, it’s as if they never learned to deal with life or sports as adults, its worse than listening to a teenager who thinks they are saying something important, and won’t stfu.  Of course that could just be a me thing...

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

I think they’re realists and can see what’s actually going on. A W against a depleted team at home like this is not good. The last 2 weeks were like getting a D+ on an open book quiz

WTH are you talking about ??? 
 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Putin